Rumors Regarding the 2006 Tour

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

On The Edge
Gypsies in the palace
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by On The Edge »

Midnight Flyer wrote:
On The Edge wrote:A return to IRVINE MEADOWS would be nice. The best tailgate venue EVER. I've been to the rest.
I'm impressed. You've been to every tailgate venue. You must know a lot of BN'rs! :o wish i had the time and money to do that :pirate:
74 shows 22 different Venues. Yes I do know a lot of BNrs and BWrs and Parottheads in general.
BFA
Southeast of disorder

Re: Carolinas shows

Post by BFA »

CowboyInJungle wrote:Actually, those of us in the Carolinas have not been spoiled. Only 1 amphitheatre show in the past 5 years!

Hopefully, Raleigh and/or Charlotte are on the outdoor schedule this year.
Agreed, RBC Center and Charlotte Coliseum are nothing compared to Walnut Creek. Lawn seats are better because you are almost but guaranteed you can get the tickets and everyone sits together.

I remember when Buffett used to play Fri, Sat, and Sun night at Walnut Creek. Liver was really hurting after that weekend. :lol:

I hope it is at Ford Theatre in Tampa because of lawn seats; that show was fun last year. Is there lawn seats in West Palm Beach?
Men and Lawyers are land sharks...FINS UP!
habourgirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Habour
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Re: Carolinas shows

Post by habourgirl »

BFA wrote:
CowboyInJungle wrote:Actually, those of us in the Carolinas have not been spoiled. Only 1 amphitheatre show in the past 5 years!

Hopefully, Raleigh and/or Charlotte are on the outdoor schedule this year.
Agreed, RBC Center and Charlotte Coliseum are nothing compared to Walnut Creek. Lawn seats are better because you are almost but guaranteed you can get the tickets and everyone sits together.

I remember when Buffett used to play Fri, Sat, and Sun night at Walnut Creek. Liver was really hurting after that weekend. :lol:

I hope it is at Ford Theatre in Tampa because of lawn seats; that show was fun last year. Is there lawn seats in West Palm Beach?
lawn seat? what's that....
:lol:
After being spoiled this past year, I couldn't go back to the lawn.

Ok peeps... talked to one of my sources again last night. I didn't ask him to give me dates. But he did say not to get too excited about those Florida dates just yet. He may be trying to screw with me, ya never know.
FI Parrothead

Post by FI Parrothead »

I heard a rumor that he might be at the Grand Opening for the new Margaritaville Cafe that's supposed to open in Grand Cayman. Does anyone know anything about this? The information I saw was that it was supposed to open on May 1....and I'm going to be there on May 1st...I'm REALLY hoping it's right...and not just a rumor! I need a Jimmy Fix!
ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

You know.... I drive by the Ford Amphitheatre every day... as its 1 block from my office.... and not a day goes by without me thinking..... WHEN is Jimmy commin back??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

On The Edge wrote:
Midnight Flyer wrote:
On The Edge wrote:A return to IRVINE MEADOWS would be nice. The best tailgate venue EVER. I've been to the rest.
I'm impressed. You've been to every tailgate venue. You must know a lot of BN'rs! :o wish i had the time and money to do that :pirate:
74 shows 22 different Venues. Yes I do know a lot of BNrs and BWrs and Parottheads in general.
I'm pretty sure 22 venues isn't "the rest." :roll:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
landlocked_pirate
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by landlocked_pirate »

Went to the new Charlotte Bobcat Arena for a concert recently...great facility, no parking lot in which to tailgate...pirate parties in parking garages may not seem the same... :(
There are times I find myself with them
And times I feel as they do
We're on a similar course it's just a different source
But I'm in danger of extinction too
greyeyedskydivegirl
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Jimmy Fix

Post by greyeyedskydivegirl »

So, despite all the rumors how is it that we can get early bird information or priviliges to buy tickets prior to it being known the the public/planet when the dates are in fact found to be true??? Is there such a way???

I need to see JB. My first concert last year at Citizens Bank Park in Philly!! I vowed ever since to be at one show each year. FOREVER! It was the greatest time I ever had at a concert. I simply adore JB!
GreyEyedSkydiveGirl
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Re: Jimmy Fix

Post by RinglingRingling »

greyeyedskydivegirl wrote:So, despite all the rumors how is it that we can get early bird information or priviliges to buy tickets prior to it being known the the public/planet when the dates are in fact found to be true??? Is there such a way???

I need to see JB. My first concert last year at Citizens Bank Park in Philly!! I vowed ever since to be at one show each year. FOREVER! It was the greatest time I ever had at a concert. I simply adore JB!
we don't.
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

balcony girls wrote:
citcat wrote:
To heck with the schtick, I can't even imagine if Jimmy looked as good as Tim....ohmyheavenlycowchip...whew!! :wink: :lol:
ahem . . .

I read this and almost fell out of my chair . . .

:wench: :wench:

you know them's fightin words with me, right . . ? ? ?

30 paces at dawn, young whipper-snapper. . ! !

:evil: :evil: :evil:
WHOOPS !!! :oops:
Ok, Jimmy's cute and his butt rivals the roundness, firmness and juicy-ability of Tim's.
Bending over for my whipping now.... :wink: :lol:

just don't use a baseball bat pleeeeeze !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

RinglingRingling wrote:
LIPH wrote:
citcat wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOOBER TOURISTS !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Any significance to the fact you used the color of the Tennessee Volunteers? :lol:
it seemed appropriate?
Ok Todd.....you get a whippin', too !!!
And you shall enjoy it. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
Lou_A1A
I need two more boat drinks

Post by Lou_A1A »

We occasionally get "Early Bird" info because some of us may happen to be PSL holders at an arena or season ticket holders to teams that have deals with the arena.
Just because we sometimes get word on the dates, there is rarely an opportunity for the general public to get access to them prior to their official on sale date at Ticketmaster.

While knowing the dates doesn't make it easier to get tickets, it does sometimes help to arrange hotels and flights.
sirparrothead

Re: Rumors Regarding the April Tour

Post by sirparrothead »

Has anyone heard if he will be coming back to Atlanta this year? He seemed to have an abreviated tour last year.
javascript:emoticon(':-?')

phinhead wrote:There have been rumors going around that mention the new tour would start on April 15th in Tampa. I have also heard he will be starting on the west coast instead of Florida?

More rumors (not yet confirmed, could change):
4/11 - Columbia, SC
4/13 - Charlotte, NC
4/15 - Tampa
4/17 - Jacksonville
4/19 - West Palm Beach
4/21 - West Palm Beach
Also the tour would close in Miami at the American Airlines Arena.
There will be around 10 shows. Probably start on the West Coast with a show in Las Vegas.
:-?
jsammerman

Pittsburgh Rumor

Post by jsammerman »

I was doing a scan on one of the ticket broker websites and a number of them are listing tickets for June 8, 2006 for Post Gazette Pavilion in Pittsburgh. Take that for what it's worth.
goodtime_mo
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojo

Post by goodtime_mo »

jsammerman...the deal about Pittsburgh has been out for almost two weeks. You're a little behind...
VA BEACH (97,16), BRISTOW (98-12, 15, 17,18, 21), NASHVILLE (99, 17), COLUMBIA, MD (00), GREENSBORO (01-02), RALEIGH (03), ANTIOCH, TN (03), CHULA VISTA (04), PHILADELPHIA (05), LAS VEGAS (06-16, 19), HOUSTON (07), ATLANTIC CITY (07), FRISCO, TX (08).
CaptBud
Southeast of disorder

Post by CaptBud »

BahamaBreeze wrote:
finupbarefootchildren wrote:I'm not waiting for Atlanta, I'm gonna head to Charlotte or Columbia, Hopefully!!!
That's what we did last year. Took in the Columbia show and then hoped for an ATL show. Glad we made it to SC, since JB never came to ATL.
A Corona rep I run across every now and then told me that there are two dates being looked at in Atlanta. I indoors and one out. HMMMM, usually indoors for cold weather dates and outdoors....you get the idea.
...But the right word at the right time may get me a little hug....
ParrotHeadDeb
Behind Door #3

Post by ParrotHeadDeb »

Was just listening to RM (Miles Hampton) & Jimmy called in. Said he would definitely be doing concerts in April, but didnt say where. Also said he was planning to take summer off because the kids would be going to boarding school in the fall. Jimmy was 10 mi off Delray Beach swordfishing, but not having much luck. Is the programming live? Miles did say "Jimmy live..." ???
ParrotHeadDeb
Behind Door #3

Post by ParrotHeadDeb »

Miles recapped the conversation. Must have been live because Miles mentioned fishing at night. He said sailfishing, so I must have misunderstood the sword/sail :oops:
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Cool!
ParrotHeadDeb
Behind Door #3

Post by ParrotHeadDeb »

springparrot wrote:Cool!

Anytime!! 8)