The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: These dates s***!

Post by LIPH »

gstanch wrote:I can't speak for everyone on the East coast but I think it sucks that Buffett is skipping out on us. :evil:
He skips a lot of places every year. Last year people on the east coast got 2 Great Woods shows, 2 Philly shows and 1 at Mohegan Sun. Maybe he should skip the east cost and let people in other parts of the country have a chance to go to a show without having to get on a plane or drive 7 or 8 hours to the closest venue. :roll:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Y-NO-9-O
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 60
Location: Wish I was: 24:33:38.905N 81:48:22.910W (but getting closer)

Post by Y-NO-9-O »

gstanch wrote:I can't speak for everyone on the East coast but I think it sucks that Buffett is skipping out on us. :evil:
Well, I can't speak for everyone in Idaho, but I think it sucks that Buffett skips out on us every year!!! :evil:

Wait, I live in North Carolina. Never mind.
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

gstanch wrote:That's true RagtopW, I was just venting about the possible tour listed ont he site. There was nothing in the Northeast
It's too early for northeast show announcements..... They're still working on April, and northeast shows probably wouldn't happen until at least June, and maybe late summer/early fall....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Hey, this is pretty amusing.....

Last year's speculations: http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/viewto ... gh&start=0

For reference, last year the April tour dates were released on February 20, so we may have a ways to go.....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
gstanch wrote:That's true RagtopW, I was just venting about the possible tour listed ont he site. There was nothing in the Northeast
It's too early for northeast show announcements..... They're still working on April, and northeast shows probably wouldn't happen until at least June, and maybe late summer/early fall....

Jen is right, you'll get your dates. I understand how you feel though. I want the dates posted because I'm planning on attending the NY show.
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
Demerara
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Demerara »

Finsupinfla wrote:Jen is right, you'll get your dates. I understand how you feel though. I want the dates posted because I'm planning on attending the NY show.
Right. And it makes life so much easier when you can plan your vacations around some of these shows (especially if you have other people to consider)...
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after
Every now and then...
Mots
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Mots »

just got an e-mail from the manager at the tampa ford arena. he has heard what we have......................can't confirm. he said it may not be at the same venue as last year, but everyone is clueless.

i thanked him for his e-mail though. he doesn't know me from adam. but i have e-mailed him so much..................he probably wanted to answer me because he askeered!!
Looking more and more like the tour is starting on the West Coast.
landlocked_pirate
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by landlocked_pirate »

As we read time and again on here...believe what you want, but the truth of the tour will be when it is released...some of the country will be happy 8) some will be sad... :( but with Internet RM and Sirius, we can listen all the time.
There are times I find myself with them
And times I feel as they do
We're on a similar course it's just a different source
But I'm in danger of extinction too
BFA
Southeast of disorder

Post by BFA »

Clarksa wrote:Anyway...I heard the reason Jimmy doesn't play Alltel here in Raleigh is that they won't let him sell the Corona. I have no clue if it is true, just what I heard.
I wondered that also. He used to play 3 nights in a row at Alltel (Fri-Sat-Sun). I went to 1 show in the RBC Center and there's no comparison for outdoor shows.

My wish list:
Great Woods, Mass
Ford Amp - Tampa
Alltel Pav - Raleigh
Riverbend - Cincinnati (went last year and had a River Tailgate before the show!)

Any venue with lawn seats! Alpine looks good too!
Men and Lawyers are land sharks...FINS UP!
BFA
Southeast of disorder

Re: Carolinas shows

Post by BFA »

habourgirl wrote:lawn seat? what's that....
:lol:
After being spoiled this past year, I couldn't go back to the lawn.
With having a big group going and the limitations on how many tickets you can buy on ticketscalper, sometimes the lawn is the only option if you want everyone to "sit" together.

We've always called them lawn seats since high school; I never actually thought about it 'till you pointed it out. :lol:

On a ticket it says "Lawn" under section and then some number "1438" under seat, so technically.... :wink:
Men and Lawyers are land sharks...FINS UP!
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:Hey, this is pretty amusing.....

Last year's speculations: http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/viewto ... gh&start=0

For reference, last year the April tour dates were released on February 20, so we may have a ways to go.....
THATS IT...WATER.........OH wait... Wrong thread.. :oops: :oops: :oops:
tiki man
Nibblin' on sponge cake

cool

Post by tiki man »

it will be aewsome if he comes to jax
tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by tryin' to reason »

Y-NO-9-O wrote:
Well, I can't speak for everyone in Idaho, but I think it sucks that Buffett skips out on us every year!!! :evil:
Wait, I live in North Carolina. Never mind.
Mock my words - Boise WILL happen this year!!
They're in final negotiations...
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!
hobbes
I need two more boat drinks

Post by hobbes »

ANY show in the northeast will do- The Meadows (Hartford) is too small a market now, but these days, Jimmy will play wherever he wants to play, so you never know. I'll be very happy if he comes back to the Tweeter Center at any part of the summer.
xcatch
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Can Tell; One Particular Harbor; Growing Older But Not Up
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka Tonic

Post by xcatch »

BoozeInTheBlender wrote:I hope I have a reason to go here this year!

ALPINE BABY!!!!!!
Wow!! If that photo didn't just make my day!!
puckhead
Invalid Email Address

Post by puckhead »

So now the rumors have Philly in August... will this tour be similar to 2001 when Jimmy was off most of June and July and not start-up agian until late August?
jackiesic
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Salt
Location: "Surf's Up! Surf City, New Jersey! Let's Go!" Jimmy Buffett 6-14-08 Philly Con

Post by jackiesic »

hobbes wrote:ANY show in the northeast will do- The Meadows (Hartford) is too small a market now, but these days, Jimmy will play wherever he wants to play, so you never know. I'll be very happy if he comes back to the Tweeter Center at any part of the summer.
If you check out the tour dates section of BN Tweeter Center is now listed. What is the capacity over there?
Jackie
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
tequilatom
On a Salty Piece of Land
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by tequilatom »

jackiesic wrote:
hobbes wrote:ANY show in the northeast will do- The Meadows (Hartford) is too small a market now, but these days, Jimmy will play wherever he wants to play, so you never know. I'll be very happy if he comes back to the Tweeter Center at any part of the summer.
If you check out the tour dates section of BN Tweeter Center is now listed. What is the capacity over there?
The Meadows has a capacity of 25,000......w/ 7000 being reserved......The Tweeter Center has a capacity of 19,900......w/ 7000 being reserved
hobbes
I need two more boat drinks

Post by hobbes »

The sound quality at the Meadows is poor, plus the Hartford cops have a field day with tailgating (very strict). I arrived at 10:30 am at the Wed. show last summer in June- what a top notch place the Tweeter Center is- more than enough room to hold everyone, great sound quality inside the theater- a great time!!!
parrothead42
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by parrothead42 »

BoozeInTheBlender wrote:I hope I have a reason to go here this year!

ALPINE BABY!!!!!!

HEY!

You can almost see my house from there!

Darrell of 'Darrell & Lisa'