Yockey Way

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

FarsideCobbPH
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: ?
Number of Concerts: 19
Location: Carroll county, GA, and Fayette County GA and Destin florida

Yockey Way

Post by FarsideCobbPH »

What is this? JB mentions it on "Live at Fenway Park'!
What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?
phinhead
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by phinhead »

If you watch the DVD you will see it. I have never been there, but it looks like the street that takes you to the stadium. I'm sure someone who has been there could give you a more detailed answer.
Phin :pirate:
Bring me the hot sauce, bring me a beer. Going to be the last man standing, but where do you go from here?
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

One of the streets outside Fenway Park is Yawkey Way. Tom Yawkey used to own the Red Sox.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

LIPH wrote:One of the streets outside Fenway Park is Yawkey Way. Tom Yawkey used to own the Red Sox.

poor guy..
CaptainAmerica
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Yeah, Yawkey Way is to Red Sox fans what Broadway is to theater-lovers or Wall Street is to investors.... ... I was at both shows and while mentioning Yawkey Way was cool my favorite Fenway reference was from Brown Eyed Girl when he said making love under the Green Monster! Jimmy at Fenway was a GREAT weekend.
And now I must confess, I could use some rest... I can't run at this pace very long.
FarsideCobbPH
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: ?
Number of Concerts: 19
Location: Carroll county, GA, and Fayette County GA and Destin florida

Post by FarsideCobbPH »

COOL!
What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?
green1
Hoot!

Post by green1 »

LIPH wrote:One of the streets outside Fenway Park is Yawkey Way. Tom Yawkey used to own the Red Sox.
His (TAY) and his wife's (JRY) initials are also placed, in Morse Code on the scoreboard between the columns of out-ofotown scores.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

This is Yawkee Way

- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Yawkey Way

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Of the 4 roads that surround Fenway Park (Brookline Avenue. Van Ness, Lansdowne Steet, and Yawkey Way) Yawkey was is the only road that is closed to traffic during Sox games . . . although all 4 should be because of an enormous vloume of foot traffic. Yawkey Way is named after the guy and family who owned the Sox for decades before John Henry and Tom Werner came in. Lansdowne Street is much, much cooler, however - great bars and women!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
BottleofRum

Re: Yawkey Way

Post by BottleofRum »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Of the 4 roads that surround Fenway Park (Brookline Avenue. Van Ness, Lansdowne Steet, and Yawkey Way) Yawkey was is the only road that is closed to traffic during Sox games . . . although all 4 should be because of an enormous vloume of foot traffic. Yawkey Way is named after the guy and family who owned the Sox for decades before John Henry and Tom Werner came in. Lansdowne Street is much, much cooler, however - great bars and women!

There are 5 roads, you forgot Ipswich street. And they now close Van Ness street for player parking.

- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

BottleofRum wrote:This is Yawkee Way

That guy in the foreground isn't fooling ME with that Phillies shirt.
He's a CUBS fan.
that cell phone is a dead giveaway
Matty
I have found me a home

Post by Matty »

Ahhhh I miss that place...there's nothing like Old Fenway. Since I've moved away to the midwest, there are two things I miss badly besides friends and famil: the ocean and that beautiful old green bandbox who lives on Yawkey Way. Baseball at its finest...
While the embers from the logfire
They flicker, fly and twirl
Then drift off towards the cosmos
From the Far Side Of The World
slimwis
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The Cap'n and 7
Location: Standing at the edge of the gene pool....with a gallon of Clorox!

Yawkey Way

Post by slimwis »

They should call it "Yankee Way" since New York has "owned" the Sox forever.
One of the Boys of Boca!
Livin' and dyin' in 3.4 Ghz time.

Lat: 35:08:7.109N
Lon: 106:34:5.531W
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

slimwis wrote:They should call it "Yankee Way" since New York has "owned" the Sox forever.

Good one :roll:

jonesbeach10
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here Wish You Were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 9
Location: Living with my feet in DC and my head in the cool blue north

Post by jonesbeach10 »

BottleofRum wrote:
slimwis wrote:They should call it "Yankee Way" since New York has "owned" the Sox forever.

Good one :roll:

It's okay don't blame him, he must have been in a coma or something prior to that series. No biggie. It's just that most Yankee fans went into the coma, or at least a numb stupor, after the series.

Sometimes more than others,
we see who and what and where we are,
I'm just a one man band,
With my feet in the sand,
Tonight I just need my guitar
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Ipswitch!!!! How could I forget that!!!! And, not sure about you Yankee fans as of late . . . they have made some seriously horrible moves (Jaret Wright, Carl Pavano, even Randy Johnson) but I will say this: there is nothing better - sorry Jimmy, not even a Saturday at Great Woods - nothing better than Fenway Park for a Sox/ Yanks games. Especially in the fall for a playoff series. So much fun!
The Boy Nobody Knew
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Life is Just a Tire Swing
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Jagerbombs

Post by The Boy Nobody Knew »

And millions and millions of baseball fans across the country could care less about the Yankees or the Red Sox, no matter how much the media tries to force us to.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

No one is trying to force anything on anybody. It is a great rivalry. One of the best of all time and it has captured interest in many from all over the world. No one says you have to care . . . personally, I was glad to see the White Sox finally win one last year and I hope that the Cubbies get to win one sometime soon as well. Although the rivalry has diminished somewhat the Sox/ Yanks is still one of the great stories in sports. THANK YOU JIMMY FOR FIANLLY BREAKING THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO!!!!! Yes, I believe those two shows helped (and I was in the front row for the friday show where Jolly Mon worked his magic).
The Boy Nobody Knew
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Life is Just a Tire Swing
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Jagerbombs

Post by The Boy Nobody Knew »

drunkpirate66 wrote:No one is trying to force anything on anybody. It is a great rivalry. One of the best of all time and it has captured interest in many from all over the world. No one says you have to care . . . personally, I was glad to see the White Sox finally win one last year and I hope that the Cubbies get to win one sometime soon as well. Although the rivalry has diminished somewhat the Sox/ Yanks is still one of the great stories in sports. THANK YOU JIMMY FOR FIANLLY BREAKING THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO!!!!! Yes, I believe those two shows helped (and I was in the front row for the friday show where Jolly Mon worked his magic).
Come on now. You can't be serious. Every time we hear a celebrity talk about being a baseball fan he is either a Yankees fan or a RedSox fan. Every movie or TV show where baseball is referenced, inevitably it is Boston or New York. They remake Fever Pitch into a baseball movie, how shocking he is a Red Sox fan. I can't believe they didn't make him a Twins fan. Not to mention the fact that either the Red Sox or the Yankees are ALWAYS the first baseball story on SportsCenter. It's bad enough we have to listen to Afleck with his obnoxious fake Boston accent, but when Jimmy sells out and made me buy his two hour Red Sox s*** up, that was too far.

Yankees, RedSox, they may as well be the same team to me, I could care less if either of them ever win another game.
tikitatas
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by tikitatas »

Ooooh, baby! I can almost smell the hotdogs and FENWAY PAHK mustahd!!
Cate

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." ~ Buddha