Jimmy Buffett's special Guests at Alpine 6/10/06

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

ParrotHeadFargo
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: The Ledgend of Norman Paperman
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita's Made in a Gatoraide Cooler

Jimmy Buffett's special Guests at Alpine 6/10/06

Post by ParrotHeadFargo »

I remember a long time ago (2 yrs or so) I saw this amazing ukeleli player from HI playing the fastest I have ever seen. **not a understatement** Jimmy said his name at the show, being that its was almost not prounceable, I missed it. He is one of the greatest part of the show for me, going back to the bluegrass roots, and I am looking for his name if anyone knows it.

Thanks for your help in Advance!

lil parrot
"It's no sin to stop and look, I do it when I can. "
Jimmy Buffett -- "Bank of Bad Habits"

"Monday morning and it's time to go, Wet trunks and schoolbooks and sand on my toes, Gotta do anything you can to dodge the bus-stop blues!"
Jack Johnson -- "Mudfootball"
rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by rednekkPH »

Jake Shimabukuro

www.jakeshimabukuro.com
ladyparrothead
Lester Polyester

Post by ladyparrothead »

*sigh* Jake is wonderful *sigh* He has so much energy and really livens up the other members of the CRB - IMHO.
Lynn

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and NEVER regret anything that made you smile.
redparrot26
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by redparrot26 »

ladyparrothead wrote:*sigh* Jake is wonderful *sigh* He has so much energy and really livens up the other members of the CRB - IMHO.
IMHO your HO (please excuse the abruptness of the abbreviation) is 100% correct.

What Jake brings to the shows is amazing. I listened to the first Irvine show this year on RM (Jake's second show, before he left for Japan, then returning to play with Jimmy at Jazzfest) Then I attended the Shoreline show. I think I enjoyed both the same amount.

To say that I enjoyed the radio broadcast as much as I did the live show....I hope you interpret that the way I mean it. Jake is truly a great addition to the CRB.

I just realized, I met you at the Shoreline show, and I think you were at the Irvine shows, right? How did they compare??
I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shove.
ImageImage
ParrotHeadFargo
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: The Ledgend of Norman Paperman
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita's Made in a Gatoraide Cooler

Post by ParrotHeadFargo »

Thanks!
"It's no sin to stop and look, I do it when I can. "
Jimmy Buffett -- "Bank of Bad Habits"

"Monday morning and it's time to go, Wet trunks and schoolbooks and sand on my toes, Gotta do anything you can to dodge the bus-stop blues!"
Jack Johnson -- "Mudfootball"
ladyparrothead
Lester Polyester

Post by ladyparrothead »

redparrot26 wrote:
ladyparrothead wrote:*sigh* Jake is wonderful *sigh* He has so much energy and really livens up the other members of the CRB - IMHO.
IMHO your HO (please excuse the abruptness of the abbreviation) is 100% correct.

What Jake brings to the shows is amazing. I listened to the first Irvine show this year on RM (Jake's second show, before he left for Japan, then returning to play with Jimmy at Jazzfest) Then I attended the Shoreline show. I think I enjoyed both the same amount.

To say that I enjoyed the radio broadcast as much as I did the live show....I hope you interpret that the way I mean it. Jake is truly a great addition to the CRB.

I just realized, I met you at the Shoreline show, and I think you were at the Irvine shows, right? How did they compare??
Yep we were met out in the north 40 for SJ "tailgate" 8) Personally, I liked the Irvine concerts better even with the rain at the Saturday concert. It was a totally different vibe between the two venues. Part of it might have been the tailgating (or lack of) 8) Of course Jake made Irvine better, better setlist, had Here We Are video at Irvine (don't think that was in the SJ concert). I discussed it with hubby and we basically decided that a concert (for JB) is a "whole" package including the tailgate. :wench:
Lynn

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and NEVER regret anything that made you smile.
badgfan
Southeast of disorder

Post by badgfan »

The guy can play.
I enjoyed his version of Stairway To Heaven on the ukeleli at Alpine Valley.
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

Everytime Jake took center stage at Alpine, he had a big smile on his face, playin' his heart out. Looked like there was nowhere else on the planet he'd rather be. Great energy, the crowd and the CRB just fed off of it! Glad to see he's doing his own tour between Jimmy's gigs.
PalmTreeGal
I Love the Now!
Location: Head trainer at the Naughty Cabana Boy Training Camp!

Post by PalmTreeGal »

I had the honor of meeting Jake recently very briefly. He's so humble and genuine. I can't wait to see him at Tinley! I have one of his albums and it's awesome! He has a true gift! :)
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

He's supposed to be at a Border's book store here in NYC in a couple of weeks. I have a softball game the same day, I'm hoping for rain. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
redparrot26
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by redparrot26 »

ladyparrothead wrote:
redparrot26 wrote:I just realized, I met you at the Shoreline show, and I think you were at the Irvine shows, right? How did they compare??
Yep we met out in the north 40 for SJ "tailgate" 8) Personally, I liked the Irvine concerts better even with the rain at the Saturday concert. It was a totally different vibe between the two venues. Part of it might have been the tailgating (or lack of) 8) Of course Jake made Irvine better, better setlist, had Here We Are video at Irvine (don't think that was in the SJ concert). I discussed it with hubby and we basically decided that a concert (for JB) is a "whole" package including the tailgate. :wench:
They played the Here We Are video at Shoreline. Though I can understand how they start to blur a bit after seeing so many, especially after seeing a few in a row like you've done.

I agree that the tailgate is of mega importance to make the entire day the best event possible. I'm not saying I wouldn't go see Jimmy again at Shoreline, but that's mainly because I have family that lives really close, where I could stay for free....again!

I've been thinking about getting myself to Chicago for this years show. Then the "announcement" about Vegas came out and I realized I could get to Vegas for less money. Now I'm torn between the two, and one isn't official as of yet.

Most likely Shoreline will have to be it for this year. Just another reason I'm trying to go see Jake in Steamboat in August, much closer to me!!
I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shove.
ImageImage
PalmTreeGal
I Love the Now!
Location: Head trainer at the Naughty Cabana Boy Training Camp!

Post by PalmTreeGal »

LIPH wrote:He's supposed to be at a Border's book store here in NYC in a couple of weeks. I have a softball game the same day, I'm hoping for rain. :lol:
He's playing at the Borders in Chicago on Michigan Avenue the day after Tinley Park. I hope we can make it! :)
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

PalmTreeGal wrote:
LIPH wrote:He's supposed to be at a Border's book store here in NYC in a couple of weeks. I have a softball game the same day, I'm hoping for rain. :lol:
He's playing at the Borders in Chicago on Michigan Avenue the day after Tinley Park. I hope we can make it! :)
Yeah...that afternoon at the Borders might end up being a bit different than most other Sunday afternoons.... :o :lol: :lol: I'm sure hoping to be there.... :D
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far
jonesbeach10
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here Wish You Were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 9
Location: Living with my feet in DC and my head in the cool blue north

Post by jonesbeach10 »

Here's how I put it: You have how many chances to meet a member of the CRB (that you've never met before?) and how many more softball games.

Sometimes more than others,
we see who and what and where we are,
I'm just a one man band,
With my feet in the sand,
Tonight I just need my guitar
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

jonesbeach10 wrote:
Here's how I put it: You have how many chances to meet a member of the CRB (that you've never met before?) and how many more softball games.
Jake ain't Heather.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

LIPH wrote:
jonesbeach10 wrote:
Jake ain't Heather.
And the guys you play softball with are??? :o
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far
jackiesic
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Salt
Location: "Surf's Up! Surf City, New Jersey! Let's Go!" Jimmy Buffett 6-14-08 Philly Con

Post by jackiesic »

I just checked out the Philly date. Tickets are something like $14!!!!!!
Jackie
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~