Landshark only FL?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

gb
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 0

Landshark only FL?

Post by gb »

Is Landshark only going to be available in FL and @ Margaritaville Cafes?
freaky4tiki
Party at the End of the World

Post by freaky4tiki »

that's what the website says....
:roll:

oh and I'll bet they have some at the FL shows here soon...
Be Young, Be Foolish, Be happy!
gb
Southeast of disorder

Post by gb »

Jimmy is certainly doing a lot of advertising if that is the case.. Also, if Landshark is going to replace Corona there must be plans for wider distribution.. Jimmy is in it for the $$$
gb
Southeast of disorder

Post by gb »

does anyone care that this beer is only in FL? :roll:
z-man
Here We Are

Post by z-man »

gb wrote:does anyone care that this beer is only in FL? :roll:
patience, grasshopper! :lol:
Living my life...
One Tropical Day at a Time!

Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

gb wrote:Jimmy is certainly doing a lot of advertising if that is the case.. Also, if Landshark is going to replace Corona there must be plans for wider distribution.. Jimmy is in it for the $$$
This week's promo email from Margaritaville said the 2007 tour will be sponsored by Landshark Lager and that it would be available at the concert venues.... Otherwise, it's FL or the LV, KW or Orlando M'villes.
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far
OystersandBeer
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast is Clear (Gulf Coast Version)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by OystersandBeer »

bought some this weekend from Publics and it wasn't good. It tasted skunked. Which it may have been, but I don't want to waste my money to find out. There is no reason that that beer should be the same price as imported beer. He should be competeing with bud light and what not. Very disappointed. Thought it was worse than corona.
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Quiet and Shy »

OystersandBeer wrote:There is no reason that that beer should be the same price as imported beer.
Well, Jimmy has said "Margaritaville is anywhere you want it to be." Apparently he and A-B want it to be outside the US so they can charge more for the beer....
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

gb wrote:Jimmy is certainly doing a lot of advertising if that is the case.. Also, if Landshark is going to replace Corona there must be plans for wider distribution.. Jimmy is in it for the $$$
It's a business deal; of course it's for the dollars. What's wrong with that?? :-?

The price looks about comparable to Corona or Sam Adams. I'll decide if it's worth the price when I get to taste it and decide if I like it enough to pay for it. I presume most potential customers will do the same.

I'm not a business major and I don't know a whole lot about marketing, but common sense tells me that if LSL goes over well in FL, at M'Ville, and at the tour venues outside FL, indicating a potential market outside FL, the company will sell the product where there's a viable market. Hopefully that means eventual wider distribution.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Quiet and Shy »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
It's a business deal; of course it's for the dollars. What's wrong with that?? :-?

The price looks about comparable to Corona or Sam Adams. I'll decide if it's worth the price when I get to taste it and decide if I like it enough to pay for it. I presume most potential customers will do the same.

I'm not a business major and I don't know a whole lot about marketing, but common sense tells me that if LSL goes over well in FL, at M'Ville, and at the tour venues outside FL, indicating a potential market outside FL, the company will sell the product where there's a viable market. Hopefully that means eventual wider distribution.
If it were my two cents to invest, before going regional or national I'd want to gain insight into how LS Lager sells outside of a very Buffett-focused market (FL, M'villes, Buffett tour).

Beer is an expensive product to distribute (bulky) and requires high advertising investment to create a brand, so I'd do significant market research and even run a couple of test markets first. I'd pick four markets...two where Corona is strong and two others that are more representative of the general beer drinking population. If it does well in these markets then I'd go broader with LandShark.

A-B certainly has all the resources to get it done but it will be interesting to see how much they're willing to invest and if there's room for another "escape" beer on the shelves in places like Peoria, IL.

Finally, if LS Lager only does moderately well in FL I wonder how long A-B would stay committed to it...as A-B's strength and strategic focus hasn't historically been niche brands.

MargaritaMatt
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with Rum

Post by MargaritaMatt »

OystersandBeer wrote:bought some this weekend from Publics and it wasn't good. It tasted skunked. Which it may have been, but I don't want to waste my money to find out. There is no reason that that beer should be the same price as imported beer. He should be competeing with bud light and what not. Very disappointed. Thought it was worse than corona.
Doesn't Corona taste that way too, that is why I put the lime in it. Don't you think they modeled the taste after Corona?
Phins Up!
Margarita Matt
http://downislandliving.com/
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

I thought I heard that it was going nationwide in mid January but I guess not. I bought a six pack it a a local liquor store and paid $7.99
I imagine it will be cheaper at a supermarket.
Nevertheless it was only $7.99 which did not break me at all so I did not care.
Pretty good beer too imo, not skunky at all to me, whatever that is but then I'm not much of a beer snob, after all, one of my faves is Natural Light :oops: :lol: .

I can't wait to see if there's gonna be a commercial and what it's like.
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Quiet and Shy »

sonofabeach wrote:I can't wait to see if there's gonna be a commercial and what it's like.
I wonder if Landsharks eat frogs and lizards? Remember that Bud campaign??

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

Seems it will be sold at regular bars as well.... Kazbors in Plant City is selling Land Shark!! :D

(I have dibs on the swag! 8) )
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII
Big Jimmy
User banned 30 days

Post by Big Jimmy »

Im sorry if its in a CLEAR or a GREEN Bottle- 99% of the time the beer will not be any good at all. They let too much light in.

We have a little saying out here Friends Don't Let Friends Drink AB Beer.

I AM AN AMERICAN
USA COMES FIRST
THE REST COME LAST

LEARN IT
LOVE IT
LONG LIVE THE USA OR DIE
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

I will wait until I drink some LS to present my...opinion.
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Oh yeah - I drink mostly Abita Amber no matter what. So until LS comes to Louisiana....it's Abita baby!
cecoleman
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: In the Shelter
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas w/salt

Post by cecoleman »

My question is, are you supposed to, or is it assumed that you drink the Land Shark Lager with a lime like you would a Corona? I wondered when I heard of this beer if was Budweiser's replacement for Tequiza? I really liked Tequiza as it was just like Corona but the lime taste was built in so you didn't need it. I heard they were discontinuing Tequiza this past summer, and thought Land Shark could be the next Tequiza like Sierra Mist replaced "Storm" from Pepsi...same drink, new name.
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by barefoot gecko »

Corona had the insight to promote the lime so that it would hide the fact that the taste and smell are horrible [smilie=puker.gif]! Haven't tried LS yet, but did see it at Faustos on White St. last night. Big display.
I'd rather be here, drinkin' a beer, than be freezin' my ass in the north!
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

For now, it is only available there....

It is a business arrangement. Just like when the flavored M-Ville tequillas FIRST came out, CIP had exclusive rights to them for a month.