Do you sell tickets?

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

z-man
Here We Are
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by z-man »

I frequently log onto ticketmaster on sale day to "try my luck"
I have never had a problem passing the tickets on to friends or board members (here and margaritaville.com) though I ended up eating a few to the last two Orlando concerts.

I would never try to contact any low post-count person here on the board, I prefer to sell to people I know, or have posted with.
Living my life...
One Tropical Day at a Time!

dmartin45840
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 15

You're right!

Post by dmartin45840 »

phjrsaunt wrote:I think it's important to remember two things about people w/ low post counts:
1. They aren't necessarily "new" to BN. A lot of people come here for the News and other things that may interest them, but don't post much or even at all.

2. Not everyone w/ a low post count is trying to make a profit off of extra tickets (Most, probably :wink: , but not all).

There are quite a few people who read here regularly (whether they post publicly or not) who became aware of BN just because of the Ticket Exchange.

Well said...thank you. I haven't been on the board for too long at all and have only posted a couple of times. I ended up with tickets to the Jones Beach show and friends of ours in NJ cancelled. Being from Ohio, I figured it would be just as easy (and cheaper) to land Chicago or Detroit tickets. I ended up selling the tickets on the ticket exchange for face value. The lady that bought the tickets was so thrilled with the price and seats she bought a shirt for me! How cool is that? I just wanted to pass on a good experience selling on the board to a total stranger.
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Re: You're right!

Post by phjrsaunt »

dmartin45840 wrote:
phjrsaunt wrote:I think it's important to remember two things about people w/ low post counts:
1. They aren't necessarily "new" to BN. A lot of people come here for the News and other things that may interest them, but don't post much or even at all.

2. Not everyone w/ a low post count is trying to make a profit off of extra tickets (Most, probably :wink: , but not all).

There are quite a few people who read here regularly (whether they post publicly or not) who became aware of BN just because of the Ticket Exchange.
I'm so glad to hear that! Thanks for passing that along! :D

Well said...thank you. I haven't been on the board for too long at all and have only posted a couple of times. I ended up with tickets to the Jones Beach show and friends of ours in NJ cancelled. Being from Ohio, I figured it would be just as easy (and cheaper) to land Chicago or Detroit tickets. I ended up selling the tickets on the ticket exchange for face value. The lady that bought the tickets was so thrilled with the price and seats she bought a shirt for me! How cool is that? I just wanted to pass on a good experience selling on the board to a total stranger.

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.
thebeachbumm33
I Love the Now!

Post by thebeachbumm33 »

I found this board due to the fact that I couldn't get tickets one year, I stayed because you guys are funny as hell :D I really don't post that often but do enjoy your banter.

This year I've found tickets for both Pittsburgh and Mohegan thru the exchange and would hope there's just 2 more out there for Camden :wink: being it was the only one I really had planned on going to and I was shut out by ticketmaster.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do So throw off the bowlines Sail away from the safe harbor Catch the trade winds in your sails Explore Dream Discover
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Like many other things in life, it depends....

If it looks like a scalper, and acts like a scalper, no way in hell I'd sell....

But if it honestly looks like a newbie looking for tickets, I probably would, at face...

I'd been on this board for less than a week in 2001 when I was suddenly deployed and had to sell tickets. Someone bought them at face, and we've been friends ever since....

A low post count doesn't eliminate someone from consideration when I sell. A high post count doesn't guarantee I'll let the tickets go...

It depends. :D
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 106
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

I sell them for many times over face value so I can buy really good ones from other scalpers. :o :pirate:

Settle down, I'm kidding.

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8
Rum_Runner
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes......
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & ??

Post by Rum_Runner »

I think my first post was on the TE. I don't have many posts now, but I read regularly. I sold a couple of tickets a couple of years ago on here, and have extras this year to sell too (not sure how that happened). But so far I have had about half dozen people contact me and I've told them they were face + TM fees and I've never heard back from any of them. Are people expecting to get them below face? If I'm going to lose money I will give them away to people I know or in the lot.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

ticket buying and selling and newbies

Post by big john »

i've recently joined this forum and i don't have a lot of posts because
basically i wait until i have something to say. mostly i just read the other
posts. i originally signed on to try and score some tickets when i couldn't
get them through ticketmaster. my brother and i went to the burgettstown (pittsburgh) show when i traded my jones beach tickets with a b.n.'er from
new jersey. we did it through the mail and everything worked out fine.
two of my brothers and i (big family) went to camden when i drove from
harrisburg to reading to meet up with a buffett-newser and by tickets for
what he paid. so there are legitimate newbies out there who are not
scalpers, but i can understand your being wary. by the way i got the
jones beach tickets through ticketmaster, but only so i could trade them
for either pittsburgh or camden.
Who's got the rum?
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Oh just give your tickets away. Think of it as banking good karma for a rainy day.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
fdthird
Southeast of disorder

TE question

Post by fdthird »

I only found Buffett News.com after the Jones Beach Show this year. Has anyone had any negative experience using the Ticket Exchange?? I ask because I got scammed on EBAY for last night's MSG show (4 tickets - NO GOOD) and just want to find a safer place to attempt to get future tickets.

Thanks
moeron
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks.
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita's with good Tequila

Post by moeron »

I have sold tickets thru TE. Usally 1 that was extra. If I can help a phan see Jimmy thats good. Just remember karma. I helped people change tires, etc. It makes me feel good knowing that I have helped someone out that needed it. Dosen't cost anything but my time. It comes back many fold. Even if it didn't I feel good knowing that I helped. I am a keet compared to most and I do mean most people who post.
I'd rather die while I'm Living, Than live while I'm dead!
ImageImage
labatt1876
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 13

Post by labatt1876 »

I do often sell tickets, and I know people dont like scalpers, but part of the reason I sell tickets is to make up for the high prices I have to pay to go to the shows in my area (great woods, Jones Beach, etc.) Often I am unable to get tickets to the shows I want to go to through Ticketmaster, so I am stuck paying alot, and to make up for that I will often try to purchase tickets for other shows and sell them.

I know it is a vicious circle, since the people scalping are the ones driving me to do this in the first place. But I just wanted to add another point of view.
cbuffett

Newbies and buying on the TE

Post by cbuffett »

I just found Buffet News and tried for the first time to get tickets. I had many replies to my post and was very grateful to a fellow parrothead who made mine and my husband's heart soar. They are for his birthday and he really wanted to go and I had absolutely no luck on TM.

The person who sold them to me just read the board because he did not have a seller's post. And I am a newbie posting and it all worked out great. 8)

Just beware of people who won't do C.O.D. and just want you to send a check first. I had one of them.

I agree with the karma and the niceness to people. We need a little more nice to go around. Maybe it is a midwest thing as I am from Iowa, but who knows.

One thing I know is that I can't wait until July to Cbuffett!
8)
Rum&aLime
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by Rum&aLime »

Like several others, I'm an active reader and occasional poster.

Last year I bought tickets on the ticket exchange for WPB and Tampa when circumstances dictated a need for tickets at pretty much the last minute. Great transactions, at face, on both occasions.

I actually bought more tickets than I thought I'd need for WPB, figuring if nobody I knew wanted to go, I'd find someone on here to use them -- then needed one more!

-Paul
Life is just a tire swing
margaritamixer

Newbies not all bad

Post by margaritamixer »

Like some of the others, I have been a long time reader on Buffettnews, just have never posted anything until this year when I had some extra tickets to the Pittsburgh show... Just looking to get what I paid for them, so us newbies aren't all bad!
dave the parrothead
Location: Winston, Georgia - but my heart belongs in Cincinnati

Post by dave the parrothead »

I am very new to the board and not bad.....
I found the site because my brother follows the site and turned me onto it when tour dates started getting announced.

Have been lurking awhile and joined up last week because I was going to ask everyone a question about going to TM in person. Never got to ask the question and luckily got tickets to Cincinnati online - so did my brother and a friend. In the end we will probably have extra that I plan to put on TE - I'd reather sell them to you guys - I figure the people here are more dedicated than the ocassional E-bayer.

:D
moeron
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks.
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita's with good Tequila

Post by moeron »

I have an extra ticket. I will try to get a phriend to go with us. If not I will sell it in the lot.
I'd rather die while I'm Living, Than live while I'm dead!
ImageImage
IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

I recently posted on TE that I was looking for tix to AC after being shutout by TM. I've been approached by a couple of BN'rs, w/ low post count, selling at F&F's. My question is how do I know they are legit? One contacted me thru my personal e-mail, not pm. Any info appreciated :wench:
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

IrishPirate wrote:I recently posted on TE that I was looking for tix to AC after being shutout by TM. I've been approached by a couple of BN'rs, w/ low post count, selling at F&F's. My question is how do I know they are legit? One contacted me thru my personal e-mail, not pm. Any info appreciated :wench:
The personal email is cause you have that listed in your profile, and they can click on that icon to send you an email. :)

No one really knows FOR SURE, but 90% of the time most folks here have had good results using the TE. :)
silverbetty
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Beautiful Swimmers
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Anything

Post by silverbetty »

I was contacted by a non-member of BN via email about tickets for the Nissan show this year after posting in the TE area. I was a little skeptical at first, but everything worked out. I have the tickets in hand at face value for the show.
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On