"Hard tickets" vs "Ticketfast e-tickets"

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

parrothd_mark
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Lattitudes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita (what else?)

"Hard tickets" vs "Ticketfast e-tickets"

Post by parrothd_mark »

Okay, so I have an extra set of tickets, put them on ebay, and a guy buys them. He says he asked if they are "hard tickets" or e-fast tickets. I don't recall getting any emails from him with this question (I have no other items on ebay so I would remember). Since I don't think he asked, I obviously don't remember my answer (how could I)? He said I replied that they were in hand only.

He bids, wins the tickets, and pays promptly. I ship them out. I get an email tonight where he says he's disappointed. He thought he was getting "real" tickets, whatever those are.

My question to the gathered masses here: since I seriously doubt he asked the question, and since my auction didn't mention that they were not e-fast tickets, does he have a legitimate complaint? He wants his money back.
I don't know and I don't care.
Big Jimmy
User banned 30 days
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Big Jimmy »

sure does.. With e-fast tickets who knows how many times you can sell that same ticket. With hard tickets-- its sorta hard to duplicate unless you have the right software and ticketmaster blanks.

I AM AN AMERICAN
USA COMES FIRST
THE REST COME LAST

LEARN IT
LOVE IT
LONG LIVE THE USA OR DIE
parrothd_mark
I have found me a home

Post by parrothd_mark »

So, does that mean that e-fast tickets cannot be sold once we have them? that sounds wrong. I can understand the concern, but aren't more and more tickets coming from ticketmaster e-fast tickets? If everyone is leary of buying an e-fast tickets, there could be lots of empty seats.
Big Jimmy
User banned 30 days

Post by Big Jimmy »

They can be sold.... But remember you can't trust anyone. How does he know your not gonna keep a copy of that ticket, and get in line early so you get in, and when he tries to get his "ticket" scanned to get in--- He can't because the ticket has already been used.

Im not sayin your a thief---- but he may think you are--- thats why its always best to get a hard ticket and you should have no real worries.

I AM AN AMERICAN
USA COMES FIRST
THE REST COME LAST

LEARN IT
LOVE IT
LONG LIVE THE USA OR DIE
parrothd_mark
I have found me a home

Post by parrothd_mark »

What's the best way of selling these tickets, then? I need to sell, but if nobody wants them, will I have to end up eating my money?
Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Just about anything, as long it's in a blue cup.

Post by Tropic_Al »

parrothd_mark wrote:What's the best way of selling these tickets, then? I need to sell, but if nobody wants them, will I have to end up eating my money?
Try to sell 'em to a friend or somebody you know. If they aren't the reason you're stuck w/them. I've had people bail before.
Michael "Tank" Listowski 05.14.54-09.24.08 RIP
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

<---- Totally don't know the answer here, but can he take the tickets to a TM outlet and ask them to issue hard tickets??
Last edited by SMLCHNG on April 10, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parrothd_mark
I have found me a home

Post by parrothd_mark »

Seems like we're being penalized for Ticketmaster's decision.
Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

It is actually your choice to get "hard" tickets or Etickets....You just have to pay attention when buying them. I have bought Etickets before but only from the ticket exchange...from someone who has more than 10 postings on BN.....worked out fine! BUT I always get hard tickets....if for no other reason than to have the ticket for my ever growin' collection of tickets....
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
yes i am a
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by yes i am a »

would not refund money he can make a copy of them before he ships them back to you. if gets to the show before you he gets in for free and you are out the money, and on the outside looking in
If your walkin on thin ice you might as well dance
parrothd_mark
I have found me a home

Post by parrothd_mark »

The points I am trying to make in my original post are these:

1) My auction didn't clearly state that they were Ticketfast tickets. An oversight on my part, perhaps, but I didn't think anyone would really care (I've used these in the past.). I didn't make him buy the tickets.
2) He never received confirmation from me that the tickets were not Ticketfast tickets. He said he emailed me, but I am 100% certain that he did not.
3) My auction says "Sale is final."

With all that having been said, NOW does he have a complaint? I didn't make him buy the tickets.
green1
Hoot!

Post by green1 »

parrothd_mark wrote:The points I am trying to make in my original post are these:

1) My auction didn't clearly state that they were Ticketfast tickets. An oversight on my part, perhaps, but I didn't think anyone would really care (I've used these in the past.). I didn't make him buy the tickets.
2) He never received confirmation from me that the tickets were not Ticketfast tickets. He said he emailed me, but I am 100% certain that he did not.
3) My auction says "Sale is final."

With all that having been said, NOW does he have a complaint? I didn't make him buy the tickets.
In my view, he has no complaint. If he has an email chain from you have him forward it to you. That shouldn't be a problem. But if everything is as you state it is then there is no reason for you to send the money back. Plus, as someone said he could photocopy the tickets and then you would be SOL. Two lesson here, don't get E-tickets, and if you have to sell a pair, don't sell them on Ebay. I am sure that there are a few people on this board who would have pruchased your extra seats for face value.
ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

yes i am a wrote:would not refund money he can make a copy of them before he ships them back to you. if gets to the show before you he gets in for free and you are out the money, and on the outside looking in
That was my first thought.

I have sold tix @ face on ebay. They were all paper e tickets. I told that in the ad. I took a pic of them.... blacking out the UPC code on the pic.... there are crafty people out there. No problems.
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII
~Hippolyte~
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by ~Hippolyte~ »

Is the buyer claiming that he e-mailed you directly? Is your e-mail address in the auction? If not, then he would have to contact you through ebay. When that happens, you get an e-mail (from ebay) and a message is listed on ebay, under My Account.

I'm always getting questions via e-mail, then I have to delete them on ebay too...sheesh, it's like I have to work at it.

Anyway, if he contacted you through ebay, then you'd have two paper trails, which it sounds like you don't have either.

I'd bet that ebay can research to see if he sent you a message, or maybe it was someone else.

Again, I'd ask the buyer to forward you the e-mail string, if he didn't keep it, then that's his bad. You or he should be able to ask ebay to check for a trail.

It is too bad that you didn't list that they were e-tickets....hind sight, well, you know.
Frisco Feeding Frenzies I-V (+16 other shows)

hollysmom

Post by hollysmom »

The one great thing about e-tickets is the transferability if you cannot use the tickets. We were stuck in Boston during the latest big snow storm and could not get home to use our hard ZZTOP Houston Rodeo tickets. I called TM and they agreed to switch them to e-tickets so I could email them to a friend.

SSM
mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Just one? . . . Bastards!
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer and things with Sailor Jerry

Post by mjeischen »

Now you are in a cath 22 see . . . He and you both have copies of the same tickets. He asks for his money back and you honor it . . . he still has copies of those tickets anyway and now he's going for free. Sp who can trust who here?

E-tickets are risky on Ebay. I mention whether they are Hard or E Tickets. Let the buyer decide. I'm honest and if others don't want to believe that then let them buy someone elses tickets.
The Parrot Dice Lounge kinda like a mirage. Here today and gone tomorrow. You should stop by and say hello when visiting Chicago on tour.
coachk34
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by coachk34 »

Recently while bidding on tickets on ebay for riverbend, if it was not a "hard" ticket i immediately left the auction.
WISHNIWASFISHN
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by WISHNIWASFISHN »

I bought 4 TicketFast tickets for Frisco and later e-mailed Ticketmaster and asked them to convert them to hard tickets. They will do that for the original purchaser. They canceled the TicketFast tickets and mailed the new ones. I didn't specify the shipping method, so it took about ten days to get them and I only had a week to sell them. Luckily, a local saw my ticket ad and picked them up today. Only two more days!
12vmanRick
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by 12vmanRick »

He doesn't have a legitimate complaint but it may cause him to give you negative feedback but that is not the end of the world.

I am sure at the concert he can find some drunks ticket on the ground as a souvenier.
Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde

Post by Dezdmona »

Any ticket can be cancelled as a lost ticket...the first ticket scanned into the show is the one that is honored.

We like hard tickets because we save our tickets...maybe this guy does too.

You should have a copy of your correspondence with this guy in your e-bay summary mailbox to verify exactly how he worded the question.

But I agree with the above poster...he's got the tickets now and they are legitimate...how can you verify that he won't use them?
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog