Toyota Park, Bridgeview 7/26 *update for cell info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Just one? . . . Bastards!
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer and things with Sailor Jerry

Post by mjeischen »

Theooo2 wrote:What's the best way to get from downtown to Toyota?
Staying at Hilton Palmer House and have never been to Chicago before.
I totally agree with the public transportation in this case . . . .

You may wish to place a call though about the shuttle. It would seem with Lot gates opening at 9am they may be able to begin busing sooner.

THOSE OF YOU STAYING IN THE MIDWAY AREA
. . . IF THERE ARE A FEW OF YOU STAYING AT A PARTICULAR HOTEL, like The Hampton Inn, and within proximity of a few other BNr's you may want to call on that hotels private shuttle. Most of those hotels have vans or mini-buses available. With a large enough group they accommodate.
The Parrot Dice Lounge kinda like a mirage. Here today and gone tomorrow. You should stop by and say hello when visiting Chicago on tour.
irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by irishcajunphan »

I was also wondering if the shuttle would start sooner due to the gates opening earlier.
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!
mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm

Post by mjeischen »

irishcajunphan wrote:I was also wondering if the shuttle would start sooner due to the gates opening earlier.
That shuttle is managed through Toyota Park - meaning it only runs on game days/event days . . . . they may be able to provide insight.
The Parrot Dice Lounge kinda like a mirage. Here today and gone tomorrow. You should stop by and say hello when visiting Chicago on tour.
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

mjeischen wrote:

You may wish to place a call though about the shuttle. It would seem with Lot gates opening at 9am they may be able to begin busing sooner.

. . . IF THERE ARE A FEW OF YOU STAYING AT A PARTICULAR HOTEL, like The Hampton Inn, and within proximity of a few other BNr's you may want to call on that hotels private shuttle. Most of those hotels have vans or mini-buses available. With a large enough group they accommodate.
Good thought, Matt-there certainly are lots of BNers at the Hampton, though I would be more concerned about a shuttle being able to get into the place to get us afterwards-that would need some planning.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

ejr wrote:
mjeischen wrote:

Good thought, Matt-there certainly are lots of BNers at the Hampton, though I would be more concerned about a shuttle being able to get into the place to get us afterwards-that would need some planning.
I was more concerned about what I would do with a cooler full of beer. Do you think the shuttle would hang around in the lot for a little while.........say 5 or 6 hours? :lol:
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: Purple Rain...anything with tequila or rum!

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:
Barefoot Gypsy wrote:just saying hello......."hello" :wench:
Hello!

Two weeks today.

I can't wait to hit the ParrotDice Lounge!
Hey there! Been awhile. The next 2 weeks will fly by!! I am looking forward to the lounge as well. I need to hit the sbl board and add a post. Had a great time in florida with my bro and family. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Did you ever get the avatar down? (LOL):wench:
"Barefoot children in the rain
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Hi all,
I've been offline a few days, flying with my daughter, hanging out with my mother.... we had bad weather that delayed our return home by a day, VFR pilots do not do heavy cloud cover and possible storms! But she did a great job in todayu's borken clouds and slight mistiness.

I see it's only 2 weeks away now! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S »

Barefoot Gypsy wrote:
Did you ever get the avatar down? (LOL):wench:
After first viewing the avatar and joking about it, I had full intentions of practicing balancing Diane in that position for a few seconds so that we could at least PRETEND that we were about to do the spin.
That would have been good for a few moments of anticipation if I had posted that we had perfected the move!

A week or so later Diane's knee blew out, and following arthroscopic surgery she still isn't fully recovered.
A month ago I tore my calf muscle longboarding uphill, and saw the surgeon yesterday.
What better to do on my birthday?
Of course I went to the up-scale orthopedic surgery office barefoot, I just didn't bring the longboard.
No surgery neccesary. I just have a new look and new stiffness to my right calf as a result, and will slowly rehab to LB status.
The Avatar is probably out for this lifetime for both of us!

I hope to longboard the TP lot in two weeks even if it means a stop at the PD lounge might have to include something stronger than a Miller Light!
Anybody know what the lot surface at the venue is like apart from the sandy lounge?
As a longboarder/barefooter, it's always good to plan ahead!
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Snowparrot wrote:Hi all,
I've been offline a few days, flying with my daughter, hanging out with my mother.... we had bad weather that delayed our return home by a day, VFR pilots do not do heavy cloud cover and possible storms! But she did a great job in todayu's borken clouds and slight mistiness.

I see it's only 2 weeks away now! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
That's why I sent my son to flight school, instead of just a co-pilot, soon I'll have an instrument rated multi-engine commercial pilot flying next to me.
Now I just need to get a plane that can handle his skills!
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Barefoot Gypsy wrote:
After first viewing the avatar and joking about it, I had full intentions of practicing balancing Diane in that position for a few seconds so that we could at least PRETEND that we were about to do the spin.
That would have been good for a few moments of anticipation if I had posted that we had perfected the move!

A week or so later Diane's knee blew out, and following arthroscopic surgery she still isn't fully recovered.
A month ago I tore my calf muscle longboarding uphill, and saw the surgeon yesterday.
Of course I went to the up-scale orthopedic surgery office barefoot, I just didn't bring the longboard.
No surgery neccesary. I just have a new look and new stiffness to my right calf as a result, and will slowly rehab to LB status.

I hope to longboard the TP lot in two weeks even if it means a stop at the PD lounge might have to include something stronger than a Miller Light!
Anybody know what the lot surface at the venue is like apart from the sandy lounge?
Sorry to hear all of that. I am having problems with the achilles tendon of my driving foot, so I am really uncomfortable after driving, but I guess a drink or two in the parking lot will help!

OK-just talked to Customer Service-they said that some of the lot is gravel and some is paved. and they are anticipating a fun weekend and looking forward to it!
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm

Post by mjeischen »

ejr wrote:
mjeischen wrote:

You'll likely need to drop off somewhere outside and wander in . . . that would be the same meeting spot.
mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm

Post by mjeischen »

Chewed up asphalt aka post road construction waste is the gravel lot. Gravel is the largest portion of the lot naturally.
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

mjeischen wrote:Chewed up asphalt aka post road construction waste is the gravel lot. Gravel is the largest portion of the lot naturally.
I'll pack my largest diameter wheels.
ParrotHeadInThe Making
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Tides
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: The drink that is in my hand

Post by ParrotHeadInThe Making »

I'm going to both Chicago shows. Woooooh hooooh! Plus we are going to see Club Trini Friday night. If you include the July 24 show 12 days and counting.
Liz Ulrich and guide dog Princess Hope
http://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.ulrich1

Here we are, maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do
It's the child in us we really value
Here we are, with our fins up and our feathers flashing
Here we are, with our coconut shell brassieres chanting
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

ParrotHeadInThe Making wrote:I'm going to both Chicago shows. Woooooh hooooh! Plus we are going to see Club Trini Friday night. If you include the July 24 show 12 days and counting.
Be sure to get on the cellphone list for each concert if you want to track down other BNers. You can PM the info to me for the Thursday concert list if you want.
Glorfindel7
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer, but I also like Margaritas :)

Post by Glorfindel7 »

Who's running the cellphone list for the Saturday Concert?
Tinley Park - June 30, Alpine - ???, Vegas -???
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Glorfindel7 wrote:Who's running the cellphone list for the Saturday Concert?
gypsygirl60565.
maufro
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: Life Is Just a Tire Swing
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: K1

Post by maufro »

ejr wrote:
gypsygirl60565.
she's not asking for email addresses so I'm not sure how she plans on distributing the list. It seems to me from her post, that she will collect the list and give her # out to everyone so they call her to get the other #'s.
"Integrity is the essence of everything successful"
R. Buckminster Fuller
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: Purple Rain...anything with tequila or rum!

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Barefoot Gypsy wrote:

Well, first...HAPPY BIRTHDAY...alittle late. Hope you had some good times after the doc. Sorry to hear about the injuries for both of you. I remember you telling me about Diane's before. Even so...you got way farther in planning for the avatar than I ever have..lol. Looking forward to seeing all the lot activities in full swing and making my "virgin" voyage to the parrot dice lounge. less than 2 weeks to go now....major WOO HOO!! Guess I should get on that phone list soon! :wench:
"Barefoot children in the rain
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

maufro wrote:
ejr wrote:
gypsygirl60565.
she's not asking for email addresses so I'm not sure how she plans on distributing the list. It seems to me from her post, that she will collect the list and give her # out to everyone so they call her to get the other #'s.
She and I PM'd and I advised her against posting her cell # on the boards so I think she is doing what I am doing which is PM'ing the list to those who are on it or who ask for it. That's how I got the list last year and it seemed to work fine.