Toyota Park, Bridgeview 7/26 *update for cell info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

golfparrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Hurry

Post by golfparrothead »

Golfparrothead, Busstop Parrotthead, and Hammerheadparrothead gonna be making the trek next Friday...anyone else gonna be going from the Kansas City area?? Looking for a tailgate where we can hang and enjoy what surely will be a monumentos occasion.... 12:42 pm Sirius Satellite Song playing on Margaritaville----FINS!!!!! We will be glad to bring Margaritas and Landshark if there is anyone who wants three Ricky Ricardos who love to party!! See you or hear from you soon.

Golfparrothead :pirate:
Just Tryin to Get By
Southeast of disorder

Post by Just Tryin to Get By »

I copied this off a different site. Hope some of the info can help someone

-----------------
The Orange Line on the El train runs to Midway airport and then either a bus or cab would be needed to get to the stadium. It is about 5 miles away from the airport. I'm not sure about the bus situation, but I think the PACE bus has one that runs straight to the stadium.

Hotels:
Not many in the area, but there are decent options by the airport and the Hyatt in Oak Lawn. The motels that are in the area aren't in the best shape...

Tailgating:
The gates open early (around 9 or 10 am) and rumor has it that vendors for margaritas will even be in the parking lot for a price. Come early since the street leading into the stadium can get backed up just like Tinley Park. They are used to tailgaters with the soccer games and Dave Matthews, etc being there.

Seating:
Toyota Park is a great venue for watching concerts. It is similar to an outdoor version of Allstate Arena or UIC Pavillion. The floor seating is not GA and if you do get floor seats, take note of where the closest restrooms are, etc. If you are closer to the stage, there are portable toilets to the right and behind the stage along with concessions and drinks. If you are towards the back of the venue on the floor, just head up the stair for the quickest trip to the potty...

I work at the stadium and am helping organize things for the show. If anyone has any questions before the big day I would be happy to answer them.

I was also wondering what Parrotheads drink most of when they go to a show? Beer, margaritas, water? I want to make sure that we are properly stocked with the right stuff...

Later!"
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Thanks for that info from the inside... I always want to know where the potties are :wink:
rkoener
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Captain and the Kid
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain and Coke

Post by rkoener »

Still got my two tickets for sale. I am willing to let them go for less than what I paid for them. They are great seats in sec 130 row 5. Let me know if anyone is interested. I am going to take them with me to Alpine and see if I can sell them there.
Growing older but not up!
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Snowparrot »

8 days!

:D :D :D
narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by narnianelf »

Snowparrot wrote:88888888888888888888888

8 days!

:D :D :D

!!!!!!!!

I don't think I quite realized we were that close!!!! :D :D
Image Image
parrotthd4evr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, Pina Colada

Post by parrotthd4evr »

Where is everyone??? Maybe I am the only one with no plans this Firday night! I am having a couple of boat drinks and getting my Total Recorder set back up so I can record tomorrow nights show since my wife will be singing at her gig! It is cool being married to a rock star!! Well at least in our minds!

Anyone else around tonight? :cry:
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Snowparrot »

Well, I'm just chillin' here with my rockstar brother, whom some of you met last summer....
He & his son are heading home tomorrow and he's not coming with me on the Buffett roadtrip this year, after all he has a gig to play ...

He says hi to all the BNers he met last year.
cecoleman
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: In the Shelter
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas w/salt

Post by cecoleman »

Hey I'm going to the show and ended up with four tickets in sec 103 that are not being used. They are right up against the stage, if you are interested in them let me know, I'll move them for face value...$150 a ticket. I'll even ship them for free in time for the show.
Favorite Buffett Song: In the Shelter
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas w/salt

Post by cecoleman »

Hey I'm going to the show and ended up with four tickets in sec 103 that are not being used. They are right up against the stage, if you are interested in them let me know, I'll move them for face value...$150 a ticket. I'll even ship them for free in time for the show. Email me at chadc@goshen.edu.

Post by chippewa »

We're planning on getting over there early afternoon, pretty flexible depending on what everybody else is doing. I reserve the right to adjust that time depending on what happens Friday night. :D

Maybe the Midway area Mac goers can make sure to get in touch sometime late Friday afternoon (after the ballgame) to hook up rides for that show too? Mac's at 10:00 so we should have time find each other. I'll be on the cell list, I think I have most of your numbers already.
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

chippewa wrote:We're planning on getting over there early afternoon, pretty flexible depending on what everybody else is doing. I reserve the right to adjust that time depending on what happens Friday night. :D

Maybe the Midway area Mac goers can make sure to get in touch sometime late Friday afternoon (after the ballgame) to hook up rides for that show too? Mac's at 10:00 so we should have time find each other. I'll be on the cell list, I think I have most of your numbers already.
and we are sitting not too far away from each other at Wrigley :D :D :D
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

ejr wrote:
chippewa wrote:We're planning on getting over there early afternoon, pretty flexible depending on what everybody else is doing. I reserve the right to adjust that time depending on what happens Friday night. :D

Gosh, maybe I'll run into you before the game. :wink: :lol:
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S »

Snowparrot wrote:Well, I'm just chillin' here with my rockstar brother, whom some of you met last summer....
He & his son are heading home tomorrow and he's not coming with me on the Buffett roadtrip this year, after all he has a gig to play ...

He says hi to all the BNers he met last year.
Be sure to tell Sno Bro Al says "hey!"
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

chippewa wrote:
ejr wrote:

Same time, same place :D :wink:
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S »

Youngest Keet's big question still remains: "Is Big Jimmie coming or not?"
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

ejr wrote:
chippewa wrote:
ejr wrote:

Sounds like a plan. Hope to get into town a little earlier this year, we'll see how that goes. Sometimes the best-laid plans go astray the way of road construction.
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:Youngest Keet's big question still remains: "Is Big Jimmie coming or not?"
He emailed me this morning--definitely won't be at Mac since he will be flying back from Vegas. Concert is a day of the event decision. and if he comes, he will not be alone.
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

chippewa wrote:
ejr wrote:
chippewa wrote:
ejr wrote:

Sounds like a plan. Hope to get into town a little earlier this year, we'll see how that goes. Sometimes the best-laid plans go astray the way of road construction.
and basically every road is under construction this year!
gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Hey Snake, we need more wine!