Toyota Park, Bridgeview 7/26 *update for cell info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S »

ejr wrote:
Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:Youngest Keet's big question still remains: "Is Big Jimmie coming or not?"
He emailed me this morning--definitely won't be at Mac since he will be flying back from Vegas. Concert is a day of the event decision. and if he comes, he will not be alone.
But will he have the marinated cherries?
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:
ejr wrote:
Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:Youngest Keet's big question still remains: "Is Big Jimmie coming or not?"
He emailed me this morning--definitely won't be at Mac since he will be flying back from Vegas. Concert is a day of the event decision. and if he comes, he will not be alone.
Boy, I somehow doubt it, but I will send him a message requesting them!
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S »

I'm telling Y'all I really have this formerly known as being holed thing going for me!
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years
mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Just one? . . . Bastards!
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer and things with Sailor Jerry

Post by mjeischen »

ejr wrote:
He can stay away from me . . . I'll be better off . . . sorry just not a person I care to be around.
The Parrot Dice Lounge kinda like a mirage. Here today and gone tomorrow. You should stop by and say hello when visiting Chicago on tour.
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Good morning---I'm the first one here :roll:
Got up early to see my brother (Sno Bro :wink: ) off homewards in the mist at 6 am... I think I may have a nap soon, since it certainly doesn't feel like a beach day yet!

I have to go home Thursday evening to pack for the Chicago trip--- some beads and trinkets and feathers and fins..... we'll be there a week from now!

Don't forget that Mac started his show last year either right on time or a little early... I hope I don't miss any moments of it this year!
narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by narnianelf »

Snowparrot wrote:Good morning---I'm the first one here :roll:
Got up early to see my brother (Sno Bro :wink: ) off homewards in the mist at 6 am... I think I may have a nap soon, since it certainly doesn't feel like a beach day yet!

I have to go home Thursday evening to pack for the Chicago trip--- some beads and trinkets and feathers and fins..... we'll be there a week from now!

Don't forget that Mac started his show last year either right on time or a little early... I hope I don't miss any moments of it this year!
Good morning. I'm here with you now. Unfortunately, that means I'm stuck at work this morning. And it looks like it's going to be rainy by the time I get off at 1:00.

But hey! At this time next week, we'll all be in Chicago!!! :D
Image Image
gypsygirl60565
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: I know it's not his originally, but I love Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything that gets me drunk is my favorite!

Post by gypsygirl60565 »

Snowparrot wrote:Thanks for that info from the inside... I always want to know where the potties are :wink:
Very good point...have we confirmed that they have potties in the parking lot? If not, we might need a few 5 gallon buckets!!!
[smilie=blush.gif]
gypsygirl60565
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: I know it's not his originally, but I love Southern Cross

Re: Hurry

Post by gypsygirl60565 »

golfparrothead wrote:Golfparrothead, Busstop Parrotthead, and Hammerheadparrothead gonna be making the trek next Friday...anyone else gonna be going from the Kansas City area?? Looking for a tailgate where we can hang and enjoy what surely will be a monumentos occasion.... 12:42 pm Sirius Satellite Song playing on Margaritaville----FINS!!!!! We will be glad to bring Margaritas and Landshark if there is anyone who wants three Ricky Ricardos who love to party!! See you or hear from you soon.

Golfparrothead :pirate:
If you PM me your contact info, I'll add you to the cell phone list and you can get into the caravan to the concert. Should be lots of fun!
irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by irishcajunphan »

gypsygirl60565 wrote:
Snowparrot wrote:Thanks for that info from the inside... I always want to know where the potties are :wink:
Very good point...have we confirmed that they have potties in the parking lot? If not, we might need a few 5 gallon buckets!!!
[smilie=blush.gif]
I agree potty info is important. If there aren't potties in the parking lot, someone needs to put a port a potty in the back of a truck. We did that at Mardi Gras one year. It's a pretty profitable enterprise if it is cleaner than the public ones. :D
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Snowparrot wrote:Good morning---I'm the first one here :roll:

Uhhh, your driver will have you there on time!
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
gypsygirl60565
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Rain gods

Post by gypsygirl60565 »

If you are in the Chicago area today, you must agree it's a completely miserable day. Hopefully this is a good sign that all the rain will have come and gone by next week's concerts! I don't think it's rained for a Buffett show in Chicago in 5 years.
mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Just one? . . . Bastards!
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer and things with Sailor Jerry

Re: Rain gods

Post by mjeischen »

gypsygirl60565 wrote:If you are in the Chicago area today, you must agree it's a completely miserable day. Hopefully this is a good sign that all the rain will have come and gone by next week's concerts! I don't think it's rained for a Buffett show in Chicago in 5 years.
According to Weather.com:
Sat July 26th -
85 - Partly Cloudy 20% chance of Precip . . . That there is an awesome day.
The Parrot Dice Lounge kinda like a mirage. Here today and gone tomorrow. You should stop by and say hello when visiting Chicago on tour.
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Re: Rain gods

Post by ejr »

mjeischen wrote:
gypsygirl60565 wrote:If you are in the Chicago area today, you must agree it's a completely miserable day. Hopefully this is a good sign that all the rain will have come and gone by next week's concerts! I don't think it's rained for a Buffett show in Chicago in 5 years.
According to Weather.com:
Sat July 26th -
85 - Partly Cloudy 20% chance of Precip . . . That there is an awesome day.
Hey, Matt-did you decide which concert you are going to on Friday night? Or should I say which photo opportunity?
STL PARROTHEAD
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Location: packing up 'Louie's Backyard' and heading to a concert near you!

Post by STL PARROTHEAD »

WOW.... I've been working the last few days..... :x

Ellen, to answer your q: yes, we will have the shade canopy! :D

gonna bbq with the folks today.... will check in later!!
ImageImage
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: Purple Rain...anything with tequila or rum!

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Hey everyone!! This time next saturday I hope to be in the lot sharing a spirit or two with those I can find or who find me. Took boys to drive-in last night and saw new Batman and Get Smart. Had a great time even though we got slightly rained on. Gotta get my check list going for the show. I am the ultimate procrastinator! :wench:
"Barefoot children in the rain
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato
smedley12
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Pre-Party/Shuttle?

Post by smedley12 »

Does anyone know if one of the bars downtown or up in the north-side neighborhoods is going to have a pre-party/shuttle thing? Some of the bars here used to do it when he played at Tinley but I haven't found any yet this year.... they were perfect for Chicago residents who don't want to imbibe and drive. Public trans is an option but I am leery of trying to get back to the orange line after the show (could be a mess).
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

STL PARROTHEAD wrote:WOW.... I've been working the last few days..... :x

Ellen, to answer your q: yes, we will have the shade canopy! :D

gonna bbq with the folks today.... will check in later!!
Thanks, Vicki-I'm hanging out with you then! Let me know if you want me to pick up any stuff at the grocery store since snowparrot and I are headed to Jewel Saturday morning, I think!
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

Post by Migration Michelle »

It is SOOOOOOOO close...can't wait!!! We leave Wednesday!!! :D :D
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

For Michelle:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Have a great time everyone!!!!!
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:
ejr wrote:
Talked to him earlier today and confirmed that there will be no marinated cherries this year.