Toyota Park, Bridgeview 7/26 *update for cell info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:Diane's father sailed on today.
We no longer will be attending the concert.
Our four tickets are available at any reasonable price if anybody would like them.
They were $86 each, I won't put them on the exchange until tomorrow night .
See Y'all in '09!
Oh dear, you people have had a very tough year!
My condolences and wishes for strength.
Lots of hugs,
Barb
Nicki
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Nicki »

So very sorry to hear this sad news . . . my condolences, too
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Al-please give our condolences to Diane. We will miss all of you.

Meanwhile, I got an email from Ticketmaster, reminding me that apparently I have tickets for a Jimmy Buffett concert on Saturday---who knew :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

ejr wrote:Meanwhile, I got an email from Ticketmaster, reminding me that apparently I have tickets for a Jimmy Buffett concert on Saturday---who knew :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
me, too, after the yesterday's reminder for Mac's show!

Now, I wonder if my Neil Diamond ticket will be waiting for me at home, before I leave for Chicago. :roll:
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Re: when you guys flying out??

Post by ejr »

golfparrothead wrote:
finsupnorth wrote:almost forgot..... we have LOTS of jello shots :D
Remember me from a few years ago before the Tinley show...We are leaving out at 6:00 a.m. friday morning....whew early....let me know where the party is taking place on Saturday....I'd love to come by and tailgate a little with the Buffet news crew.... We are going to Murphys before the game, then to Joe's Bar friday night...planning on heading to Toyota at noon or so Saturday...would love to meet up and meet you guys so we can stay in touch in Kansas City.... Fins UP!!!! Zach
Getting on the cell phone list is the easiest way to find the group on Saturday-see page 1. And there will be a few of us at Murphys on Friday-probably all the way in the back, which is where we gathered last year.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Just one? . . . Bastards!
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer and things with Sailor Jerry

Post by mjeischen »

finsupnorth wrote:
golfparrothead wrote:
Remember me from a few years ago before the Tinley show...We are leaving out at 6:00 a.m. friday morning....whew early....let me know where the party is taking place on Saturday....I'd love to come by and tailgate a little with the Buffet news crew.... We are going to Murphys before the game, then to Joe's Bar friday night...planning on heading to Toyota at noon or so Saturday...would love to meet up and meet you guys so we can stay in touch in Kansas City.... Fins UP!!!! Zach
Yes, I remember... sending you a PM... We are hoping to leave KC around 8 am Friday
I better be seeing you kookie kids! I never got invested time while we were in Vegas. The Parrot-Dice Lounge could use your drunken pyramid skills!
The Parrot Dice Lounge kinda like a mirage. Here today and gone tomorrow. You should stop by and say hello when visiting Chicago on tour.
Candyman
License to Chill

Post by Candyman »

mjeischen wrote:
finsupnorth wrote:
golfparrothead wrote:
Yes, I remember... sending you a PM... We are hoping to leave KC around 8 am Friday
I better be seeing you kookie kids! I never got invested time while we were in Vegas. The Parrot-Dice Lounge could use your drunken pyramid skills!
You have way too much spare time :lol: Nice job!!!
Life is Sweet!
crazyhair
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: the one that is playing-I can never decide!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: pina colada

I need info on parties and parking PLEASE

Post by crazyhair »

Hello to one and ALL!

I am traveling to Chicago (from Buffalo NY) for the Saturday concert can anyone help me with parking info for the show. If we don't have a car (don't ask yet) what would be the best way to get there? We are staying at the Chicago Hilton on South Michigan, is a taxi a good idea? Or is there a better way?
Second question....WHERE IS THE PARTY??? I know other cities have parties hosted by the local Parrotheads. Is there anything like that going on? Being from Buffalo I do know how to tailgate...anyone have a party we can join? Will bring refreshements to share :P
irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Re: I need info on parties and parking PLEASE

Post by irishcajunphan »

crazyhair wrote:Hello to one and ALL!

I am traveling to Chicago (from Buffalo NY) for the Saturday concert can anyone help me with parking info for the show. If we don't have a car (don't ask yet) what would be the best way to get there? We are staying at the Chicago Hilton on South Michigan, is a taxi a good idea? Or is there a better way?
Second question....WHERE IS THE PARTY??? I know other cities have parties hosted by the local Parrotheads. Is there anything like that going on? Being from Buffalo I do know how to tailgate...anyone have a party we can join? Will bring refreshements to share :P
The easiest and cheapest method is to take the Orange Line "eL" to Midway and catch the shuttle. Taxi is going to be expensive from that location to the venue and getting one back could be interesting. A bunch of us are meeting at the Hampton Inn near Midway Saturday around 11-12 to caravan and tailgate. Hope this helps. The midwesterners will be more help. I'm Southern with several Chicago trips under my belt. :D
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: Purple Rain...anything with tequila or rum!

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Our four tickets are available at any reasonable price if anybody would like them.
See Y'all in '09!
So sorry to hear. Much prayer and hugs to all of you! :wench:
"Barefoot children in the rain
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato
STL PARROTHEAD
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Location: packing up 'Louie's Backyard' and heading to a concert near you!

Post by STL PARROTHEAD »

See Y'all in '09!
:cry: :cry: :cry: OH! I am sorry to hear of your loss.......
You and Diane will be in my prayers......

We will miss you!
ImageImage
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Ok, heard an ad on the radio this morning-one of the ticket brokers is selling concert tickets at $30 below face, or so the ad says. :o
finsupnorth
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Margaritaville (haha-JK)...When the Coast is Clear
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: I gotta littl' Captn' in me!

Post by finsupnorth »

mjeischen wrote:
finsupnorth wrote:
golfparrothead wrote:
Pyramid.... oh boy.... we'll see what we can do 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Need more energy? Need your appetite suppressed?
Great product to help you lose weight naturally...
http://www.seedietmagic.com

Meet you in Margaritaville:
Alpine 2012??
gypsygirl60565
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: I know it's not his originally, but I love Southern Cross
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything that gets me drunk is my favorite!

Last call for Saturday Cell Phone List

Post by gypsygirl60565 »

HI All...I'll be sending out the Saturday cell phone list tomorrow. Please send me your contact information if you wish to be added to the list.

It's getting so close now, it finally seems real!! I can't wait to meet everyone.

Colleen
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S »

Thanks everybody,
and Diane thanks you too.

Very slight chance that the Keets and I will make it, but Diane will stay in FL with her Mom.
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years
STL PARROTHEAD

Post by STL PARROTHEAD »

mjeischen wrote:So I scouted the area . . .
1) Toyota Park is going to be a bit overwhelmed. Their concessions areas in the lots consist of 10x10 canopies.
2) I did see lots of Potties
3) The easiest place for a drive-by merger for Hampton Inn folks is a vacant Krispy Kreme on Harlem/ 5640 S Harlem Ave Summit, IL 60501 about a 1/2 block South of Archer on the West side of the St.
Directions from Hampton Inn:
Cicero North to 63rd. Left on 63rd to Harlem. Right on Harlem to the Krispy Kreme.
Another Option for ease of use:
Ciceroo North to Archer. Left on Archer to Harlem. LEft on Harlem. Right hand turn into vacant lot. Harlem is a busy st and making a left on Harlem during this time could be a tough one.
K, so which is easier for the "outtatowners"??? Sounds to me like a right merger would be better. But what do I know... :lol:
ImageImage
STL PARROTHEAD

Post by STL PARROTHEAD »

Hey Colleen......
you sending the list by pm??? cuz I don't remember if I sent you my email addy.... :oops:
ImageImage
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

STL PARROTHEAD wrote:
1) Toyota Park is going to be a bit overwhelmed. Their concessions areas in the lots consist of 10x10 canopies.
3) The easiest place for a drive-by merger for Hampton Inn folks is a vacant Krispy Kreme on Harlem/ 5640 S Harlem Ave Summit, IL 60501 about a 1/2 block South of Archer on the West side of the St.
Cicero North to 63rd. Left on 63rd to Harlem. Right on Harlem to the Krispy Kreme.
Ciceroo North to Archer. Left on Archer to Harlem. LEft on Harlem. Right hand turn into vacant lot. Harlem is a busy st and making a left on Harlem during this time could be a tough one.
K, so which is easier for the "outtatowners"??? Sounds to me like a right merger would be better. But what do I know... :lol:
we're going to try it out on Thursday.
STL PARROTHEAD

Post by STL PARROTHEAD »

ejr wrote:
STL PARROTHEAD wrote:
:wench: :wench:
ImageImage
INeverGoAnywhere
Party at the End of the World

Post by INeverGoAnywhere »

STL PARROTHEAD wrote:
ejr wrote:
STL PARROTHEAD wrote:
:wench: :wench:
:P :P :P
Hello posters and lurkers....... want to get that out of the way.....