Toyota Park, Bridgeview 7/26 *update for cell info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

maufro wrote: yes, mau & i are in. not sure about 10:30 though.

we're planning a bike ride or beach that morning. kinda depends or tomorrow night.

has any one rec'd the cell list?
Keep your eye peeled for Jimmy. You can never be sure when they'll be out shooting new video of him biking the city. :wink:
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

To those of you staying at the Hampton--print out your confirmation and bring it with you. When I checked in, the rate showing was $179 and she had no record of my lower rate. They were very nice about it, but come prepared!!!

Oh, and I am here!!!!

7th inning stretch on Friday............................Len Kasper :o

Ok, that's all I know!
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: Purple Rain...anything with tequila or rum!

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Anyone read the article from the paper.....it says no charcoal grills anywhere allowed. Seems they are concerned we could bump into a hot grill of coals.......much better to be lighting propane? :o
"Barefoot children in the rain
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato
golfparrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

damnit

Post by golfparrothead »

Can this day get any longer??? I think im gonna have to skip out early and double check my bags and have a Landshark....Gonna listen to the show tonight on Sirius with the boys and get more pumped up!!!! lol Looking forward to seeing all of you at the show or Murphys tommorow. Everyone travel safe and We will be airborne at 6:35 a.m. tommorow!! Got the phone list so I'll find the party!!! Finsupnorth and boozeintheblender drive safely and call me when you get into Chicago.

FINS UP!!!!!
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

ejr wrote:To those of you staying at the Hampton--print out your confirmation and bring it with you. When I checked in, the rate showing was $179 and she had no record of my lower rate. They were very nice about it, but come prepared!!!

Oh, and I am here!!!!

7th inning stretch on Friday............................Len Kasper :o

Ok, that's all I know!
Len Kasper? That's pretty funny that they would just plug in his name, when we all know it'll be changed at the last minute. 8)

Found this online about the guest singers. Guy says you should need to score 8 of 10 to even be eligible. Can't say I disagree.
1. What is the name of the building in which you are singing the seventh inning stretch?

2. Since 2000, how many World Series have the Cubs won?

3. Name two players currently on the Chicago Cubs’ 25-man roster.

4. Write out the lyrics to the 7th inning stretch.

5. List one thing you plan on talking about in the broadcast booth, other than your career.

6. How many outs are there in a half- inning?

7. What do you call a “point” in baseball?

8. What is the name of the position located in the center of the outfield?

9. What job does that older gentlemen in the Cubs dugout have, the man wearing the uniform with the name “Piniella” on the back?

10. List one thing that you have done to improve the city of Chicago, unrelated to your use of the city as a source of income.
mdk77
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by mdk77 »

OK I searched for this but couldn't find it, so I'll just ask. Has anyone been to this venue for a concert before and if so, can anyone speak to the quality of seats in section C1?

Thanks!
I have been drunk now for over two weeks,
Passed out and I rallied and I sprung a few leaks...
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S »

Hope everyone's having a good time this evening whether at the concert or listening on RM.

I sold our Sat tickets to Pirat200yrs2L8, (Bill, his wife, and two kids).
Youngest is 10.
Hope he stops by the ParrotDice lounge with his family, that will sort of count as the LB family presence.

He answered the ad in the ticket exchange, and has been checking out the thread, so it was real nice to be able to sell them to a BN person.

Y'all make sure he does a Flamingo beer bong for LB and family!
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years
STL PARROTHEAD
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Location: packing up 'Louie's Backyard' and heading to a concert near you!

Post by STL PARROTHEAD »

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:Hope everyone's having a good time this evening whether at the concert or listening on RM.

Youngest is 10.
Hope he stops by the ParrotDice lounge with his family, that will sort of count as the LB family presence.

He answered the ad in the ticket exchange, and has been checking out the thread, so it was real nice to be able to sell them to a BN person.

WE WILL MISS YOU!!!!!!

luv and hug to you and your family...... :cry:
ImageImage
gypsygirl60565
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: I know it's not his originally, but I love Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything that gets me drunk is my favorite!

Sirius

Post by gypsygirl60565 »

The concert sounds great! Jimmy was interviewed before the broadcast of tonight's concert and he said that there will be a RockBand tournament taking place in the parking lot. He said he sucks at it!!!!
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

anyone planning to record saturday's show? can I get a copy?

how was the tailgate tonight? were there people using charcoal grills? I have a small propane one but it is extremely dirty at the moment and I am a little afraid of using the propane. but if I have to bring it I guess I will hose it off in the daylight.

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] :wench:
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Okay 8) , I leave in less than 12 hours!!!!
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Safe travels Snowparrot! Hope to meet you around the lots somewhere and share a drink or 2. :wench:
Got no need to explain"

Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:Hope everyone's having a good time this evening whether at the concert or listening on RM.

Youngest is 10.

You will all be here with us in our hearts. I will be representing for sbl..lol.
Much Phinpower and (((((((((to all of you))))))))))) :wench:
Got no need to explain"

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

OK, Nicki and I are back at the hotel after the concert so let me try to provide some info.

The lot was very slow to fill-we got there about 1:30 and there really were very few cars there. Lots of folks directing traffic; garbage cans everywhere, and, on the map, where you see indications of porto-johns, each location has about 15 or so!!! There is also a concession stand, though I understand a bag of ice was selling for $10 there.

The staff at this place all seem very friendly, very much about their business, but very eager to make things work. You are supposed to enter at a specific gate-ours was printed on our self-printed tickets, and they would only let us enter at that gate. And, if you hate stairs, as I did, we had to walk up to the top of the section only to walk down to the second row. Not sure how the field folks got to their seats tho I am sure someone will post.When we took our seats in the stands and looked out on the field, at 7:15, there were more ushers than concertgoers. And they were checking tickets so that if you were in the C's you could not move up to the B's etc. They were even organized enough that some official came around with glasses of water for all of the ushers which we thought was really nice.

Now, as for logistics getting there. Yes, we could definitely caravan, either from the hotels, or Krispy Kreme but there is one problem--lots of stoplights which separated two of us from the other 5 cars. So, what I think we suggest is this: Stlparrothead and mjeischen decide on a time and everyone meet up in the Krispy Kreme parking lot. Then we all leave together heading south on Harlem to the venue. We will get separated by the traffic lights so...drive on Harlem to the south end of the venue which is 71st street (stoplight). Turn right on 71st and then take an immediate right into the parking lot. If we all do this leaving Krispy Kreme at the same time, there won't be a lot of separation-we should all be fairly close together.

Not sure if there were charcoal grills or not-our grillers were using gas grills.

And we thought the sound system was really good-understood every word which I couldn't at Tinley.

It was a great concert and a great tune-up for Saturday night!
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Wonderful!
Thanks, Ellen.

Yes, I'm supposed to be sleeping, but still packing, doing laundry was slow, and there was dinner, and now, trying to get all the last-minute stuff---and beads and trinkets--- together, without forgetting anything important. Passport, boarding passes, concert tickets. Got them.

My Neil Diamond ticket is not getting here in time, so I will have to pick it up at the venue, which would have been fine as a first option, but you know TM...

Looking forward to this adventure. See you soon [smilie=hiya.gif] !!
mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Just one? . . . Bastards!
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer and things with Sailor Jerry

Post by mjeischen »

ejr wrote: Now, as for logistics getting there. Yes, we could definitely caravan, either from the hotels, or Krispy Kreme but there is one problem--lots of stoplights which separated two of us from the other 5 cars. So, what I think we suggest is this: Stlparrothead and mjeischen decide on a time and everyone meet up in the Krispy Kreme parking lot. Then we all leave together heading south on Harlem to the venue. We will get separated by the traffic lights so...drive on Harlem to the south end of the venue which is 71st street (stoplight). Turn right on 71st and then take an immediate right into the parking lot. If we all do this leaving Krispy Kreme at the same time, there won't be a lot of separation-we should all be fairly close together.
OK - SO - Clear as mud . . . I'm kidding. My plan was to call into the group as we approached Krispy Kreme - Getting off 55. I will come down HArlem and Yield letting everyone out in front of me.(People are so gonna love us) SO THAT SAID . . . someone knowing where we are going INTO the venue lots should lead the way.
The Parrot Dice Lounge kinda like a mirage. Here today and gone tomorrow. You should stop by and say hello when visiting Chicago on tour.
magnus & Mr Moon
Behind Door #3

Post by magnus & Mr Moon »

Thanks EJR for the update. SP - ditto - but bags are almost to the car (dang - where did those batteries go?) :wink:
And raccoons brought wine and the mice they brought cheese...
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Thanks for all the info ellen! :D

Less than 48 hours to go!!!! Can we get a MAJOR WOOOO HOOOOO!
Got no need to explain"

narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by narnianelf »

Morning everyone! We're headed out as soon as we all get up, showered, dressed & pack the cars.

See ya'll in the Krispy Kreme lot manana!!! 8)
Image Image
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

Wow, I feel like I've already been there! Thanks, Ellen!

Heading out! We'll be thinking of ya, Al. Diane, too.

See y'all soon! Hope he doesn't play any clams! :lol: