Questions about New Bern North Carolina?

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

seanr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango In Paris, Carnival World, The Pascagoula Run
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Sampling various rums,Pendelton Whiskey

Questions about New Bern North Carolina?

Post by seanr »

The agency I work for is about to advertise a job in New Bern NC and I am thinking about putting my name in the hat for it. I have never been there but have recently looked at some websites and it seems like a nice place to live. Can anyone tell me good, bad or other about this area? Thanks
ImageImage

I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead..
mason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by mason »

a topic related to north carolina in general has come up recently in the ;ast few weeks. if you do a search, you might find it. some one had a link to a north carolina message board. good luck

member of the parrothead nation
Y-NO-9-O
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 60
Location: Wish I was: 24:33:38.905N 81:48:22.910W (but getting closer)

Re: Questions about New Bern North Carolina?

Post by Y-NO-9-O »

seanr wrote:The agency I work for is about to advertise a job in New Bern NC and I am thinking about putting my name in the hat for it. I have never been there but have recently looked at some websites and it seems like a nice place to live. Can anyone tell me good, bad or other about this area? Thanks
I visited it once, seemed like a nice little town. It's the birthplace of Pepsi, has a tourist trolley, very convenient to visit the Outer Banks. Here is a website: http://www.visitnewbern.com
Good luck!
PackPhanGirl
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Survive
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: anything with RUM!

Post by PackPhanGirl »

Come on to NC!! We have some good BN'ers here!!! We'd love to have ya'!

I have been through New Bern but don't know enough to help you...sorry! There was a thread here just recently from someone else looking to move as well....do search it.....
Survive... stay alive
Till I see you again
unclejohn
Hoot!

Post by unclejohn »

I live in New Bern NC, just moved here a year ago. (actually a year ago today) Incoming PM.
I am no longer fighting my inner demons. We are on the same side now.
pema
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by pema »

It’s a really beautiful place to visit. But it is Eastern North Carolina, not that that’s a bad thing. Most folks that live there have always lived there. So, it’s a distinct culture and atmosphere. Would say that the only way to know if you’ll like it there is to visit and experience it for yourself. Either you will feel comfortable there or you won’t.
Erin Image

"Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair"
bravedave
At the Bama Breeze

Post by bravedave »

“Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.”
- Kaiser Welhelm

"The call is a loud wulli-wulli, and there is much twittering at the drinking holes."
sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: That's what living is to me
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Mostly water these days

Post by sunseeker »

New Bern

On the Intercoastal waterway...great place if you have a boat...high military population (near Havelock, NC)...very small town....you may have a walmart...but that's about it. Not far from Raleigh though
There's this one particular harbor.....
unclejohn
Hoot!

Post by unclejohn »

sunseeker wrote:New Bern

On the Intercoastal waterway...great place if you have a boat...high military population (near Havelock, NC)...very small town....you may have a walmart...but that's about it. Not far from Raleigh though
Walmart, Target, Sears, Penneys, Lowes, Staples, 3 different grocery stores, several of the "chain" restaurants, and the better stuff is in the historic district. I think they all even have indoor plumbing. :roll: Its not like we are in the sticks or something. I have lived in New Bern for the past year, moved here from Ohio, and love it here!
I am no longer fighting my inner demons. We are on the same side now.
blackjack
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor or Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by blackjack »

unclejohn wrote:
sunseeker wrote:New Bern

Walmart, Target, Sears, Penneys, Lowes, Staples, 3 different grocery stores, several of the "chain" restaurants, and the better stuff is in the historic district. I think they all even have indoor plumbing. :roll: Its not like we are in the sticks or something. I have lived in New Bern for the past year, moved here from Ohio, and love it here!

...well compared to Ohio... :pirate:
PartofthePhlock
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day and time.
Number of Concerts: 67

Post by PartofthePhlock »

pema wrote:It’s a really beautiful place to visit. But it is Eastern North Carolina, not that that’s a bad thing. Most folks that live there have always lived there. So, it’s a distinct culture and atmosphere. Would say that the only way to know if you’ll like it there is to visit and experience it for yourself. Either you will feel comfortable there or you won’t.

so there are moonshine stills and fueds?? :lol:
Tarheel Tail-Gator
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40, Migration, Cowboy in the Jungle,,,,,,
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Zaya, with Lime and 1 ice cube

Post by Tarheel Tail-Gator »

PartofthePhlock wrote:
pema wrote:It’s a really beautiful place to visit. But it is Eastern North Carolina, not that that’s a bad thing. Most folks that live there have always lived there. So, it’s a distinct culture and atmosphere. Would say that the only way to know if you’ll like it there is to visit and experience it for yourself. Either you will feel comfortable there or you won’t.

so there are moonshine stills and fueds?? :lol:
Gotta go west for the stills

Been through New Bern a few times and was impressed. Does have a small town atmosphere downtown. It's actually one of the coastal NC towns right now that is experiencing some housing growth.

You are two to three hours away from Raleigh and Wilmington, which offer the bigger city amenities.