For Hank

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderator: SMLCHNG

JustDucky
I Love the Now!

For Hank

Post by JustDucky »

mason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: For Hank

Post by mason »

i like hank jr just as much as anybody else. but mods i am curious. doesn't this belong elswhere? some body needs to push away from the buffet table for a while.

member of the parrothead nation
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

mason wrote: but mods i am curious. doesn't this belong elsewhere?
Moved from JB discussion to Related Artists.
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Ahhhh, I see a feather was ruffled. Well, no different really than how people get totally off the thread subject - but this was specific.

I put it on the Buffett page because of his cover of Hey Good Lookin'.
a1aara
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 75

Post by a1aara »

Hank 3 has a great song out right now about this very subject. It's called "the Grand Ole' Opry Ain't So Grand Anymore". Hank 3 speaks the truth about Nashville. Tricephus.
a1aara
Hoot!

Post by a1aara »

mason wrote:i like hank jr just as much as anybody else. but mods i am curious. doesn't this belong elswhere? some body needs to push away from the buffet table for a while.

Who's talking about Hank Jr.?
jimolliemom
I Love the Now!

Post by jimolliemom »

I gotta say, knowing Hank II myself, he would appreciate the fact anyone cares enough to post this thread at all!

(He lives in my town. NO, not MY town in FLA but the town I happen to have a home in now!)

And he's got a lot on his plate with Mary Jane (HIS WIFE!!) and everything else going on with him, and his!!
"Mommy, when is Jimmy Buffett coming to OUR house? We go see him ALL THE TIME??" (Actual quote from my 5 y/o keet)
mason
Hoot!

Post by mason »

jimolliemom wrote:I gotta say, knowing Hank II myself, he would appreciate the fact anyone cares enough to post this thread at all!

(He lives in my town. NO, not MY town in FLA but the town I happen to have a home in now!)

And he's got a lot on his plate with Mary Jane (HIS WIFE!!) and everything else going on with him, and his!!
i thought hank jr lived in montana? and some time in the recent past, i thought i read something that hank jr was going to divorce his current wife? and you have met him a few times, or you are lucky enough to know him personally?

JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Ummm...this is about Hank III.

Don't know anything about the II as far as what's been said here.
jimolliemom
I Love the Now!

Post by jimolliemom »

mason wrote:
jimolliemom wrote:I gotta say, knowing Hank II myself, he would appreciate the fact anyone cares enough to post this thread at all!

i thought hank jr lived in montana? and some time in the recent past, i thought i read something that hank jr was going to divorce his current wife? and you have met him a few times, or you are lucky enough to know him personally?

He may have homes all over, like Mr. Buffett, but Hank II lives in Springville TN...a suburb of Paris. He and Mary Jane, his current wife are trying to reconcile. My Uncle Jerry was Hank II's manager from the late 70's til 1990 when Jerry died of a heart attack. I've seen Hank many times and most recently, he was at my aunt's home when I stopped by. He was giving her some venison. He is a very nice man. (Although I've heard lots of people say otherwise. To me, he's a great guy and he keeps an eye out for my elderly aunt) I know nothing about III, other than what the public knows. Jr. is around here a lot.
"Mommy, when is Jimmy Buffett coming to OUR house? We go see him ALL THE TIME??" (Actual quote from my 5 y/o keet)
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

There's a Hank III ? Well you learn something new every day !! Anybody got a pic ?
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
a1aara
Hoot!

Post by a1aara »

citcat wrote:There's a Hank III ? Well you learn something new every day !! Anybody got a pic ?
Here is his web site:

http://www.hank3.com/
mason
Hoot!

Post by mason »

JustDucky wrote:Ummm...this is about Hank III.

Don't know anything about the II as far as what's been said here.
ok, i made a mistake. i did not read that link you posted. i assumed it was about hank jr, because i thought at some point in time, he had been fired from the opry. then i started thinking about that song he sang, and now i think it was about hank sr getting fired.