Parrothead Weddings

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Re: Parrothead Weddings

Post by gunthermoose »

Hi Renee...

While not a wedding per se.. (Pic below is from the night)
We renewed our vows on our 25th anniversary..(Man..we're old)
The ceremony was performed on the Beach in Naples..just the 2 of us
I found a JP who performed the ceremony, took some photos, etc...

I think I was charged about $250...

Barb & I enjoyed it more than the original wedding..
So much less stress...

pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

I have been doing weddings for a number of years now. I've always tailored the price somewhat according to the circumstances of the Bride and Groom ie what they can afford, how far do I have to travel, is one of them a relative or a really good friend etc. Probably not much help there I know but I have a number of ceremonies I can send you. I usually show the Bride and Groom what I have and they pick and choose different parts to create their own.

I had thought that I would branch out and offer other things as well like photographer, music etc but never really got around to it.
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

pair8head wrote:I have been doing weddings for a number of years now. I've always tailored the price somewhat according to the circumstances of the Bride and Groom ie what they can afford, how far do I have to travel, is one of them a relative or a really good friend etc. Probably not much help there I know but I have a number of ceremonies I can send you. I usually show the Bride and Groom what I have and they pick and choose different parts to create their own.

I had thought that I would branch out and offer other things as well like photographer, music etc but never really got around to it.
Don.. they pay for the Wedding pictures..

not the Honeymoon Pictures :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

RinglingRingling wrote:
ragtopW wrote:STOP

all this wedding talk is making Santa Askered :o :o
well, Barry will be in Cinci... ;)
And there was a wedding there last year, I can film this year's wedding too. 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

ragtopW wrote:
pair8head wrote:I have been doing weddings for a number of years now. I've always tailored the price somewhat according to the circumstances of the Bride and Groom ie what they can afford, how far do I have to travel, is one of them a relative or a really good friend etc. Probably not much help there I know but I have a number of ceremonies I can send you. I usually show the Bride and Groom what I have and they pick and choose different parts to create their own.

Don.. they pay for the Wedding pictures..

not the Honeymoon Pictures :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trust me on this one Wayne, you get the right honeymoon pictures, they pay well. :wink:

:pirate:
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.
srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

I did not have a beach wedding per say, but I had a tropical wedding on the shore of a lake. We actually got married underwater by a minister who we had certified to dive. We just paid him a thank you of something like $100..

But we did have a couple of neet things......Banana Wind played instead of the wedding march and with permission from the park, we planted a palm tree at the end of the ceramony.
The cake was coverd with Godiva sea shells and the decor was tropical flowers, ferns and palm trees.

The ministered explained to everyone above the water what hand signs he would be using etc before we went down and then when he pronounced us Man and Wife underwater a white heart shape balloon was let go to the top...........you could here people cheering underwater when the balloon popped up........pretty neat.
Another little funny story...the place we were married is scuba training park, so there were classes going on........the minister wanted everyone that partisipated in the underwater ceramony to form a circle swim around us and kiss the bride shake the grooms hand. When we got out of the water some other divers said 'how cool.... we got to kiss a bride underwater' .........we obviously ended up with some additional guest in our area :o
habourgirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Habour
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by habourgirl »

I'm actually getting married on the beach in Florida in less than 2 months. I was looking for officiants and the prices ranged from $100 on up. But we have a friend who is an ordained minister and able to marry us so he's doing the ceremony for us free of charge. We're keeping everything small and simple. And it's soooo much less stressful. I paid less for my own wedding that what I spent on my kid sister's wedding last summer... And I wasn't even the one getting married.

So far all the planning has gone relatively smooth. And we seem to have everything, even down to beach buckets for the floral arrangements. We have a friend who is a photographer (given my fiance's line of business, not to hard to find a videographer or photographer) so he's shooting the wedding. And my flowers... coming from publix.. I just can't rationalize spending thousands and thousdands of dollars on an arrangement I can do myself for much less. So keep your fingers crossed that my DIY wedding works out!
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

habourgirl wrote:I'm actually getting married on the beach in Florida in less than 2 months. I was looking for officiants and the prices ranged from $100 on up. But we have a friend who is an ordained minister and able to marry us so he's doing the ceremony for us free of charge. We're keeping everything small and simple. And it's soooo much less stressful. I paid less for my own wedding that what I spent on my kid sister's wedding last summer... And I wasn't even the one getting married.

So far all the planning has gone relatively smooth. And we seem to have everything, even down to beach buckets for the floral arrangements. We have a friend who is a photographer (given my fiance's line of business, not to hard to find a videographer or photographer) so he's shooting the wedding. And my flowers... coming from publix.. I just can't rationalize spending thousands and thousdands of dollars on an arrangement I can do myself for much less. So keep your fingers crossed that my DIY wedding works out!

Congrats on your wedding Tracy! best of luck hope you have a great wedding day! :D
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain