Who is going to Camden 6/18/09?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Just about anything, as long it's in a blue cup.

Re: Who is going to Camden 6/18/09?

Post by Tropic_Al »

Born to Rum wrote:I'm back! That was, without a doubt, the best show I have ever seen. Amazing set list, great energy, and 7th row pit!!!

Tailgate highlights:
-Seeing the BN crew again
-Rum Jumbie shot luge
-Great ribs
-A little rain didn't hurt us with the Mega-Porta-TailgataBrella

Worst but strangest part of the night was when a rent-a-cop in the pit confiscated my all access pass after thoroughly checking it out. I went back for it later and he turned it into Buffett's crew as a counterfeit. Al, do you have any more?
Did you get Jimmy to sign it? :D I have extra, you coming Saturday too? ( I know you told me before but for some reason, I don't remember the answer...) If not, shoot me you address, I'll send you 1. 8)
Michael "Tank" Listowski 05.14.54-09.24.08 RIP
thebeachbumm33
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by thebeachbumm33 »

Tropic_Al wrote:
Born to Rum wrote:I'm back! That was, without a doubt, the best show I have ever seen. Amazing set list, great energy, and 7th row pit!!!

Tailgate highlights:
-Rum Jumbie shot luge
-Great ribs

Worst but strangest part of the night was when a rent-a-cop in the pit confiscated my all access pass after thoroughly checking it out. I went back for it later and he turned it into Buffett's crew as a counterfeit. Al, do you have any more?
Did you get Jimmy to sign it? :D I have extra, you coming Saturday too? ( I know you told me before but for some reason, I don't remember the answer...) If not, shoot me you address, I'll send you 1. 8)
He will be there Sat., it was the funniest thing I'm standing right next to Tom when he get's it taken away by security as my keet is wearing his right in front of the same security guard :o :lol:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do So throw off the bowlines Sail away from the safe harbor Catch the trade winds in your sails Explore Dream Discover
Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Tropic_Al »

thebeachbumm33 wrote:
Tropic_Al wrote:

Tailgate highlights:
-Rum Jumbie shot luge
-Great ribs

He will be there Sat., it was the funniest thing I'm standing right next to Tom when he get's it taken away by security as my keet is wearing his right in front of the same security guard :o :lol:
Thanks! I thought he said he was.
Maybe I'll make a few hundred this time and give 'em to everyone! 8)
fabduo
Behind Door #3

Post by fabduo »

can I have one for the Jones Beach concert???? (pretty please [smilie=battingeyes.gif] )
ImageImageImageImage

backstreets77
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate\Redemption Song
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Steel Bottom
Location: I left NEPA for the sweetest place on earth Hershey

Post by backstreets77 »

If anyone sees their drunk neighbor kid come home with a 4 ft plywood shark fin, kick 'em in the nuts for me.
Sorry to hear what happened to you. But thanks for making my day with that line. Now thats funny.

Fins Up!
UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

I got me a setlist :D :D :D

Oh and B2R, that would explain why one of the security guys in the PIT tried to take my BN nametag away. I got pretty angry when he told me that I cant have any fake all-access passes. Let's just say I corrected him and we exchanged some words :D
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>
Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Tropic_Al »

fabduo wrote:can I have one for the Jones Beach concert???? (pretty please [smilie=battingeyes.gif] )

maaayybeeee...See me @ JB 8)

Gee, I'd think if you tried to get access somewhere special, they'd give you a hard time. Not just wearing the silly thing. 8)
UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

Sorry I missed you all at the tailgate, but it took me forever to get down there (my GPS decided to take me through downtown Philly, and I already live in Jersey). And when I got there, I was forced by Camden Police to park in the parking garage. Told I had to park there and could not turn around. Not much of a tailgate atmosphere.... :evil:

So I was nowhere near Victor's.
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>
MrBill64
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold and Free

Post by MrBill64 »

baadbobby wrote:serve at home. :pirate:
If anyone sees their drunk neighbor kid come home with a 4 ft plywood shark fin, kick 'em in the nuts for me.
Sorry about your fin getting stolen, but that last line made me laugh.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
Seas in my veins
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a Son
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer

Post by Seas in my veins »

WOW...what a day. Dispite the rain, we all had a great time. And a few hours before show time the sun decided to peak it's head out if for only 5 mins. Chef and I discovered why our PIT seats were taken by Ticketmaster.....they were dead center infront of Jimmy. We made it to the front row and were there until showtime until the other people with the resold tickets showed up. it happened to be Jimmy's production managers friend and 3 nice looking ladies, more like little girls if you ask me. We were all taken to security but because they had hard tickets and we had the print outs ours were deemed fake. While they were checking them out at security they took my license and creditcard used to purchase the tickets. Chef and I alos had legtimate 3rd row PIT seats so we bolted those seats. Then I went for beer and remembered that they still had my credit card and license!!! i went back to get and was directed to leave the building even though I had a legit ticket. I left collected my license and credit card, moved 2 gates down and reentered the show. :wink:
Cane Garden Bay
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Cane Garden Bay »

Only 3 hours for our train from NYC to Philly. I am so excited to see everyone at the tailgating tomorrow. I wanted to ask, did anyone have any problems bringing their cameras? I don't want to try & bring it in with me to the show if they are not allowing it. Thanks & see evryone tomorrow!!!
Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Tropic_Al »

Seas in my veins wrote:WOW...what a day. Dispite the rain, we all had a great time. And a few hours before show time the sun decided to peak it's head out if for only 5 mins. Chef and I discovered why our PIT seats were taken by Ticketmaster.....they were dead center infront of Jimmy. We made it to the front row and were there until showtime until the other people with the resold tickets showed up. it happened to be Jimmy's production managers friend and 3 nice looking ladies, more like little girls if you ask me. We were all taken to security but because they had hard tickets and we had the print outs ours were deemed fake. While they were checking them out at security they took my license and creditcard used to purchase the tickets. Chef and I alos had legtimate 3rd row PIT seats so we bolted those seats. Then I went for beer and remembered that they still had my credit card and license!!! i went back to get and was directed to leave the building even though I had a legit ticket. I left collected my license and credit card, moved 2 gates down and reentered the show. :wink:
What were the seat numbers dead center? We have pit 102, row 2, seats 8, 9 & 10 for Saturday. Got 'em from Livenation. 8) I'm thinking they're pretty close to center.
Seas in my veins
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a Son
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer

Post by Seas in my veins »

Tropic_Al wrote:
Seas in my veins wrote:WOW...what a day. Dispite the rain, we all had a great time. And a few hours before show time the sun decided to peak it's head out if for only 5 mins. Chef and I discovered why our PIT seats were taken by Ticketmaster.....they were dead center infront of Jimmy. We made it to the front row and were there until showtime until the other people with the resold tickets showed up. it happened to be Jimmy's production managers friend and 3 nice looking ladies, more like little girls if you ask me. We were all taken to security but because they had hard tickets and we had the print outs ours were deemed fake. While they were checking them out at security they took my license and creditcard used to purchase the tickets. Chef and I alos had legtimate 3rd row PIT seats so we bolted those seats. Then I went for beer and remembered that they still had my credit card and license!!! i went back to get and was directed to leave the building even though I had a legit ticket. I left collected my license and credit card, moved 2 gates down and reentered the show. :wink:
What were the seat numbers dead center? We have pit 102, row 2, seats 8, 9 & 10 for Saturday. Got 'em from Livenation. 8) I'm thinking they're pretty close to center.
They are the seats. We were PIT 102 P1 seats 9 and 10.
gottagofishin
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalise and A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with RUM!!

Post by gottagofishin »

Great time yesterday despite the few showers. THe BNers definately know how to tailgate. Shot luge, crab cake sliders, beer boobies: what a party!!!

The speakers on the lawn didn't seem to be working so the sound wasn't great out there. We ended up with 3 seats inside and were able to get 8 of us down there with them. Quite a few empty seats.

At the end ot the night I actually got a Landshark sign and as I was walking out through the gate, it was taken by a security guard. He said he needed it for the Sat. show. I tried talking him into letting me keep it, but in the end, he was a JE*K OFF like the other guys. (taking the "ALL ACCESS PASSES)

Now it s time to recover, reload and repack for tomorrow night. Thanks to everyone for a good time.
But I've gotta stop wishin, gotta go fishin

Camden 8/28/12

Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Tropic_Al »

Seas in my veins wrote:
Tropic_Al wrote:
They are the seats. We were PIT 102 P1 seats 9 and 10.
Sweet! If we could only get 1 row closer, then we'd never have to go again. Cuz it couldn't get any better than that. 8)
Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Tropic_Al »

gottagofishin wrote:Great time yesterday despite the few showers. THe BNers definately know how to tailgate. Shot luge, crab cake sliders, beer boobies: what a party!!!

The speakers on the lawn didn't seem to be working so the sound wasn't great out there. We ended up with 3 seats inside and were able to get 8 of us down there with them. Quite a few empty seats.

At the end ot the night I actually got a Landshark sign and as I was walking out through the gate, it was taken by a security guard. He said he needed it for the Sat. show. I tried talking him into letting me keep it, but in the end, he was a JE*K OFF like the other guys. (taking the "ALL ACCESS PASSES)

Now it s time to recover, reload and repack for tomorrow night. Thanks to everyone for a good time.
hmmmmm. I may have an extra Landhark sign, somewhere....For a couple of boat drinks & a burger, we might have a deal.... :wink:
UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

Yeah, security was terrible. They were taking all the beach balls that came up front and were deflating them and putting them behind the railing. Wouldnt even let us dance in the aisles. Lame.
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>
PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

I gave away my all access pass to some hot chick, better than giving it up to security! :D

The lawn was a misnomer, they should be called "mud seats", HA.

But it was a great show! I got caught off guard, the interemission was really short, almost missed MHH,MFS, AIDLJ.

See everyone on Saturday!
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!
Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Tropic_Al »

PA PAR8 HED wrote:I gave away my all access pass to some hot chick, better than giving it up to security! :D

The lawn was a misnomer, they should be called "mud seats", HA.

But it was a great show! I got caught off guard, the interemission was really short, almost missed MHH,MFS, AIDLJ.

See everyone on Saturday!
Did she at least give you a little "access" ? 8)
Last edited by Tropic_Al on June 19, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBill64
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold and Free

Post by MrBill64 »

For those that want a copy of last night's concert, jokelben has it up on his ftp site. I just downloaded and will have it on my ipod shortly. Here is the link http://buffett.jokelben.us/2009.06.18%2 ... den,%20NJ/ . He has a bunch of shows and it is easy to download.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.