Buffet Hotel...where are the songs?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

phinhead
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 0

Buffet Hotel...where are the songs?

Post by phinhead »

I'm really surprised that he is now down to just 2 songs from the new cd....and that none of the songs have made it to the encore. While I love hearing the old stuff...I would love to hear some of the songs from Buffet Hotel...the title track would be cool. I was sure we would have gotten Learned to Be Cool From You, Beautiful Swimmers, or Life Short Call Now for an encore, or one of those songs somewhere in the setlist. Wish he would've skipped Brown Eyed Girl tonight in STL and played a song we haven't heard from the new cd, or another song that doesn't see much road play. Oh well...at least he is still playing and we are still enjoying it...despite our gripes....it's still a damn good time!
Just my humble opinion...
Have fun!!!
Phin :pirate:
Bring me the hot sauce, bring me a beer. Going to be the last man standing, but where do you go from here?
Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Re: Buffet Hotel...where are the songs?

Post by Lightning Bolt »

well said..agree completely [smilie=nod.gif]
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Post by aeroparrot »

Guess that was last year's tour. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

He played the hell outta many of those songs last tour, so I'm not very surprised. OTOH, I'd love to hear Learned to be Cool and Rhumba Man when he comes to Great Woods
ImageImage

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

C-Dawg wrote:He played the hell outta many of those songs last tour, so I'm not very surprised. OTOH, I'd love to hear Learned to be Cool and Rhumba Man when he comes to Great Woods
He can replace "POW" (or POS if you will) with either of those. I hope he gets that opener out of his system before he gets to New England. Other than that though no one can say he's not changing it up.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
changingchannels
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by changingchannels »

ScarletB wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:He played the hell outta many of those songs last tour, so I'm not very surprised. OTOH, I'd love to hear Learned to be Cool and Rhumba Man when he comes to Great Woods
He can replace "POW" (or POS if you will) with either of those. I hope he gets that opener out of his system before he gets to New England. Other than that though no one can say he's not changing it up.

not a fan of piece of work either.. although he has been "changing it up" its the same batch of songs he pulls from.so if he wants to play something from banana wind its either school boy heart or jamaica mistaica,etc. im really not impressed. all of these songs have been played to death over the last several tours. the only changes to this show is the name and the fact that the reefers get to sing a few songs. i hate to sound negative but its a matter of fact. and as a far as him not playing many songs from buffet hotel, im not surprised. if he doesnt play most of his material live why would he play anything from the newest album?
"I enjoy this life as a jester
Seems to keep me moving around
Like the wind that blows, tides that flow
I have my ups and downs"
HurricaneSeason
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 299

Post by HurricaneSeason »

I would be very disappointed if I went to this tour and only heard 2 new songs, one of which sucks (Big Top). He should be playing at least half the new record. Otherwise, he's resting on his usual laurels - too many familiars and too many covers.

Thankfully, I'm not going to see this tour so there you go. I'll just play the new album anyway.