Gulf Coast Concert, no real relief for the Gulf.

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Wildh2oskier
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: There is no way to pick just one.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with whiskey in it
Location: Central Alabama, center of the state middle of nowhere

Re: Gulf Coast Concert, no real relief for the Gulf.

Post by Wildh2oskier »

Time for an effin group hug.
sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: That's what living is to me
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Mostly water these days

Post by sunseeker »

and of course you have to throw in your 2 cents don't you GBM? Penny said NOTHING about MM attacking R2. She just said DON'T BICKER. Of course we initially figured you would come swooping in here with an hour or two to point out how unfair the mods are being....we were wrong...it only took about 10 minutes.....

R2- back off of MM.

MM - just stop taking his bait.

AND ALL - just stop bickering. And for the record....there are bigger things to worry about other than who got tickets to what and who's selling them on ebay. Just my point of view on the subject.
There's this one particular harbor.....
msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by msu#1 »

I think it all comes down to someone's deep crush on Kenny Chesney that he cant admit to, its ok no one here will judge you, turn your hatred into love and come out of the closet.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

msu#1 wrote:I think it all comes down to someone's deep crush on Kenny Chesney that he cant admit to, its ok no one here will judge you, turn your hatred into love and come out of the closet.
I hate it that Flock won't just face up to his love for a fellow cueball.. :D
MammaBear
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by MammaBear »

I was just trying to get someone to pick me up a teeshirt... [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] 8)
capnbobby
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Bacardi 8 anos

Post by capnbobby »

Why can't we all just get along? :roll:

capnbobby

Or, let's stop fighting, and let's go sailing! 8)
HurricaneSeason
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 299

Post by HurricaneSeason »

Good grief, what a joke.

Go ahead and bicker about this show that is going to cause a lot of pollution on its own as it is (for those of you that go, look at all the recyclable things that will be thrown away and tossed on the beach/roads/etc. I'm sure the local businesses will appreciate it financially - silently. But after the weekend it will go back to the way it's been lately - empty and hot.

All this promotion to show how clean the beaches are? The wind changes direction and the beaches are oiled/clean for a day, a week. Wind changes direction again the beaches are oiled/clean for a day, a week.

It just is what it is. It will be hot, yes. It will be oily. It won't be oily. Nothing else to add to that.
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

Post by Migration Michelle »

sunseeker wrote:and of course you have to throw in your 2 cents don't you GBM? Penny said NOTHING about MM attacking R2. She just said DON'T BICKER. Of course we initially figured you would come swooping in here with an hour or two to point out how unfair the mods are being....we were wrong...it only took about 10 minutes.....

R2- back off of MM.

AND ALL - just stop bickering. And for the record....there are bigger things to worry about other than who got tickets to what and who's selling them on ebay. Just my point of view on the subject.
Thanks Shannon...I never intended ill will with my comment. and of course Dave was just tryng to help because R2 comments were way out of line.
I am thankful to have friends like Dave who will defend me. I didn't do or say anything mean and it was really twisted.

I have a question...If someone like R2 continues to cause issues and make people "take bait", why do we allow them here at all?

As you can see over the years I have been here, I am here because I love JB and the CRB...I am not here for any other reason. I have been kind to every one that asks of me and I am NOT here for my own benefit.
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

Post by Migration Michelle »

capnbobby wrote:Why can't we all just get along? :roll:

capnbobby

Or, let's stop fighting, and let's go sailing! 8)
Sailing is good!!! And I will bring the rum! :wink:
Cuervo
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: ACE
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricanes

Post by Cuervo »

Hummm.... onlu 3 hrs away and I can't go.......... :(

Sure not like days of Ole....... when I would a givien.

Oh how times have changed......... :o :o :roll: :roll:

I guess everyone has to grow up at sometime...... 8) 8)
MOTM 2006
When did you get here?
Double shot of rum...
~~ Splash~~ of Coke,
4am, Green Parrot, I lost everyone....
The Curse continues

sunseeker

Post by sunseeker »

Migration Michelle wrote:
sunseeker wrote:and of course you have to throw in your 2 cents don't you GBM? Penny said NOTHING about MM attacking R2. She just said DON'T BICKER. Of course we initially figured you would come swooping in here with an hour or two to point out how unfair the mods are being....we were wrong...it only took about 10 minutes.....

R2- back off of MM.

Thanks Shannon...I never intended ill will with my comment. and of course Dave was just tryng to help because R2 comments were way out of line.
I am thankful to have friends like Dave who will defend me. I didn't do or say anything mean and it was really twisted.

I have a question...If someone like R2 continues to cause issues and make people "take bait", why do we allow them here at all?

As you can see over the years I have been here, I am here because I love JB and the CRB...I am not here for any other reason. I have been kind to every one that asks of me and I am NOT here for my own benefit.
I didn't read your comment as ill will.....I also understand Dave wanting to defend his friend but it is frustrating when it is always a slam to the mods...
ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.
pietaster
I have found me a home

Post by pietaster »

ph4ever wrote:Image
Image Image
gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

pietaster wrote:
ph4ever wrote:Image
Image Image
Hi Larry! You have been missed!

The poster formerly known as LIPH... :wink:
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

Of course I had to throw my 2 cents in! It would be morally wrong and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I didn't!

Of course "Penny said NOTHING about MM attacking R2", because MM didn't attack R2! It was the other way around!!!! All I was trying to point out was that by SMLCHNG saying "DON'T BICKER" that thereby condoned the personal attacks upon MM. Is that "a slam" on the mods? I suppose it is for you but I sure don't think so!

And then we have ph4ever and now LIPH popping corn... :roll: :roll: :roll:

sunseeker

Post by sunseeker »

How in the world do you contrive "don't bicker" to mean ANYTHING more than...."don't bicker". I thought I had a pretty good grasp of the english language.

And you misread my statement. I did not mean that MM attacked R2- I meant that Penny didn't say MM attacked R2.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

gingerbreadman wrote:Hi Larry! You have been missed!

The poster formerly known as LIPH... :wink:
This is not Larry.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

gingerbreadman wrote:Of course I had to throw my 2 cents in! It would be morally wrong and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I didn't! Funny, you seem to be able to sleep other nights when there's BS going on around here.

Of course "Penny said NOTHING about MM attacking R2", because MM didn't attack R2! It was the other way around!!!! All I was trying to point out was that by SMLCHNG saying "DON'T BICKER" that thereby condoned the personal attacks upon MM. Is that "a slam" on the mods? I suppose it is for you but I sure don't think so! BOTH RR and MM had jabs at each other. Neither are posting angels. Both have different opinions and both see themselves as in the right. I did NOT condone the personal attacks of either. And it is insulting that you see it otherwise. I am personally sick and tired of your insinuations and left handed comments about my moderating style.

And then we have ph4ever and now LIPH popping corn... :roll: :roll: :roll: I repeat, it's not LIPH. And ph4ever isn't breaking any rules by posting popcorn.

Honestly, why do you post here anymore? You don't seem to like anything anyone posts.

And the :lol: :lol: :lol: sarcasm is growing old.

Good day.
gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

sunseeker wrote: How in the world do you contrive "don't bicker" to mean ANYTHING more than...."don't bicker". I thought I had a pretty good grasp of the english language..
I am sure you have a good grasp of of the english language. But when one person in authority says "don't bicker" when you have one person attacking another and the person being attacked is defending themselves... Then you have a problem... or maybe a "slam"! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sunseeker wrote:And you misread my statement. I did not mean that MM attacked R2- I meant that Penny didn't say MM attacked R2.
I did not misread. I agree that "Penny didn't say MM attacked R2" but Penny clearly never ever did not say that R2 attacked MM. So what's your point?

SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

gingerbreadman wrote:
sunseeker wrote: How in the world do you contrive "don't bicker" to mean ANYTHING more than...."don't bicker". I thought I had a pretty good grasp of the english language..
I am sure you have a good grasp of of the english language. But when one person in authority says "don't bicker" when you have one person attacking another and the person being attacked is defending themselves... Then you have a problem... or maybe a "slam"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me repeat myself. I said DON'T BICKER to TWO people. Simple as that. Period.

Now maybe we can cease and desist this crap and worry about the folks affected by the oil disaster and not this nonsense.