Frisco 2011

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

piratenurse
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor (today, anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!!!!!!!

Re: Frisco 2011

Post by piratenurse »

Interesting...Holiday Inn Express has jacked up their price $40/night on the weekend of May 20th-22nd. Could just be because it was that weekend last year, or...? I have made some backup hotel reservations for that weekend and the one prior, just in case. Doubting Memorial Day Weekend. We shall see. Still hoping for a date and an RV.
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!
Real Parrotheads Ride the Pole!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

piratenurse wrote:Interesting...Holiday Inn Express has jacked up their price $40/night on the weekend of May 20th-22nd. Could just be because it was that weekend last year, or...? I have made some backup hotel reservations for that weekend and the one prior, just in case. Doubting Memorial Day Weekend. We shall see. Still hoping for a date and an RV.
That's called hedging
SquawkingPHan
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark

Post by SquawkingPHan »

I have been to 22 concerts in multiple states. For me Frisco has the best parking lot. Allowing people to get there two days in advance of a concert and being able to drive around in golf carts or coolers, can't be matched. If Jerry persuaded JB to go to Arilington, would any of this be allowed? I would still go (regardless of the date and what I had scheduled that day, JB comes first) and would have a blast.
East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Tonight I Just Need My Guitar *and* Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by East Texas Parrothead »

SquawkingPHan wrote:I have been to 22 concerts in multiple states. For me Frisco has the best parking lot. Allowing people to get there two days in advance of a concert and being able to drive around in golf carts or coolers, can't be matched. If Jerry persuaded JB to go to Arilington, would any of this be allowed? I would still go (regardless of the date and what I had scheduled that day, JB comes first) and would have a blast.
Nothing ... not even Jimmy Buffett ... could get to me another concert at Jerry's house. The sound blows and the parking lots are manned by people who had glass for breakfast.
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.
My love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.
brznbeaches
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Carnival World
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by brznbeaches »

SquawkingPHan wrote:I have been to 22 concerts in multiple states. For me Frisco has the best parking lot. Allowing people to get there two days in advance of a concert and being able to drive around in golf carts or coolers, can't be matched. If Jerry persuaded JB to go to Arilington, would any of this be allowed? I would still go (regardless of the date and what I had scheduled that day, JB comes first) and would have a blast.
The 2 day tailgate- and the fins guys- are why I want to come this year~ SO hope the timing works out...
Bristow 09.09 LAS 10.09 Camden 08.07.10 PGH0 8.12.10 Bristow 09.04.10 LAS 10.23.10 EYW 11.1-7.10 TPA 04.16.11 Frisco 05.21.11 PGH 06.21.11 BristowBOYCOTT/HURRICANE Paris 09.26.11 EYW 11.4.11 TPA 3.30.12 PGH 6.28.12 Bristow 9.1.12 ...??? Bristow 8.16.14 Bristow 6.20.15 Camden 8.17.17
JustShari
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade

Post by JustShari »

East Texas Parrothead wrote:
Nothing ... not even Jimmy Buffett ... could get to me another concert at Jerry's house. The sound blows and the parking lots are manned by people who had glass for breakfast.
I agree with ETPH on this one....
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!!

GARNETBIMBO & BIG DAD
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross
Favorite Boat Drink: Icy cold beer

Post by GARNETBIMBO & BIG DAD »

JustShari wrote:
East Texas Parrothead wrote:
I agree with ETPH on this one....
ditto..we won't do Jerry World either no matter who plays there..bad deal all around
Buffett, Beer & Brisket..
Now that's how we play in TEXAS!!!
FinheadGuy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by FinheadGuy »

Alright, now that we know JB is healing well and the show is still a go let’s get this thread cranked back up. Calling all fellow Fins – we need Frisco to happen. We need to start a feeding frenzy. We need everyone to email, call, write and crawl to any contact close to Jimmy. Start email blasting Margaritaville, Radio Margaritaville, Pizza Hut Park or any back channel someone may have. Frisco is the best party and show. We can do this…
ozzy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Almost all of them
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by ozzy »

FinheadGuy wrote:Alright, now that we know JB is healing well and the show is still a go let’s get this thread cranked back up. Calling all fellow Fins – we need Frisco to happen. We need to start a feeding frenzy. We need everyone to email, call, write and crawl to any contact close to Jimmy. Start email blasting Margaritaville, Radio Margaritaville, Pizza Hut Park or any back channel someone may have. Frisco is the best party and show. We can do this…
This morning I listened to the message from Jimmy on Margaritaville.com (http://www.margaritaville.com/videos.html?mc_id=489) It sounded like he was going to take a break after the Jazz fest, so maybe just maybe it will be the last weekend in May.
piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

ozzy wrote:
FinheadGuy wrote:Alright, now that we know JB is healing well and the show is still a go let’s get this thread cranked back up. Calling all fellow Fins – we need Frisco to happen. We need to start a feeding frenzy. We need everyone to email, call, write and crawl to any contact close to Jimmy. Start email blasting Margaritaville, Radio Margaritaville, Pizza Hut Park or any back channel someone may have. Frisco is the best party and show. We can do this…
This morning I listened to the message from Jimmy on Margaritaville.com (http://www.margaritaville.com/videos.html?mc_id=489) It sounded like he was going to take a break after the Jazz fest, so maybe just maybe it will be the last weekend in May.
If it is, I'm out. Hubby working at dialysis clinic, holiday weekends are all ****ed up, never gonna have one together. And it's our anniversary that weekend, double ****. It's weird and I don't want to jinx it, but I just have a funny feeling it may not happen this year....hope I'm wrong.
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

Hmmmm.... Hmmmmm.... Hmmmm.... Now that we actually have product in the stores, I'm thinkin' we may be another step closer to doing some kinda tailgate in Frisco.......Hmmmmmmm.... :o :o :o :D
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

Dutch Harbor PH wrote:Hmmmm.... Hmmmmm.... Hmmmm.... Now that we actually have product in the stores, I'm thinkin' we may be another step closer to doing some kinda tailgate in Frisco.......Hmmmmmmm.... :o :o :o :D
Hmmm Hmmm Hmmmm :P

Better come back to Houston and do JazzFest ;)
blonde_strangerOK
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Why don't we get drunk
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Incommunicado

Post by blonde_strangerOK »

Well.......... We are snowed in for the 3rd day in a row and a concert announcement sure would be nice...................
"I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!!"
Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams »

blonde_strangerOK wrote:Well.......... We are snowed in for the 3rd day in a row and a concert announcement sure would be nice...................
I wondered how you guys were doing up there... You really got hit!! I wish he would announce Frisco before Houston tickets go on sale Sat. Might make a difference on price... Are you thinking Houston at all??
JustShari
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade

Post by JustShari »

I know last year the Frisco date wasn't announced until Mid February, but I'm getting a little worried. Or is it a patience issue possibly?
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!!

piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

blonde_strangerOK wrote:Well.......... We are snowed in for the 3rd day in a row and a concert announcement sure would be nice...................
Ok, it's only for a day here, but stuck with an ice storm. Hope there is a concert announcement at all!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

piratenurse wrote:
Ok, it's only for a day here, but stuck with an ice storm. Hope there is a concert announcement at all!
I've still got students stuck in Waco. They can't get to Stephenville. The only university in the System that is open is WT. Even the one in Laredo is closed.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
Phreckled Phruitcake
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes, Southern Cross, Volcano and Changes in Latitudes
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria

Post by Phreckled Phruitcake »

We got 15" of snow on Tuesday and another 3.5" so far today. :roll: More snow is forecast for Sunday and another 4" to 6" next Wednesday. I'm starting to think someone transported me back to Nebraska! I know that it isn't true because Nebraska would have had the roads cleared by now. The roads in Tulsa are abysmal--bumpy and snow-covered with lots of deep ruts. A concert date for Frisco would go a long ways toward curing my winter blues! :D :D :D
parsandcigars
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at Forty
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Patron and Grand Marnier Marg

Post by parsandcigars »

Phreckled Phruitcake wrote:We got 15" of snow on Tuesday and another 3.5" so far today. :roll: More snow is forecast for Sunday and another 4" to 6" next Wednesday. I'm starting to think someone transported me back to Nebraska! I know that it isn't true because Nebraska would have had the roads cleared by now. The roads in Tulsa are abysmal--bumpy and snow-covered with lots of deep ruts. A concert date for Frisco would go a long ways toward curing my winter blues! :D :D :D
Tulsa Rocks! :D They just s*** at removing snow for us!!!! Come on FRISCO!!!!!!!
JB, Kenny C and ZBB!!! The Father, the son and a summer of fun!!!
okparrott
Southeast of disorder

Post by okparrott »

Tulsa definitely lacks in cleanup of snow...I've had enough !!!!! Come on Frisco...
I gotta go where it's warm