meet and greet passes

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

jbc199
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor, Lats/Atts
Number of Concerts: 15

meet and greet passes

Post by jbc199 »

how do you sign up for or try and get meet and greet passes with jimmy and his band before the shows?
I gotta go where its warm...
ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: meet and greet passes

Post by ragtopW »

jbc199 wrote:how do you sign up for or try and get meet and greet passes with jimmy and his band before the shows?
Honest??
A become a Promoter
B get a job selling Beer.. Landshark.. lot's of it..
C. get a job within the Enterprise..
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

ragtopW wrote:
jbc199 wrote:how do you sign up for or try and get meet and greet passes with jimmy and his band before the shows?
Honest??
A become a Promoter
B get a job selling Beer.. Landshark.. lot's of it..
C. get a job within the Enterprise..
:oops: :oops:
win a contest
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

You don't sign up for passes, you have to know someone to get them. And Jimmy is never in the pre-show hospitality area. You probably only get to see him if you're a personal friend of his or a corporate sponsor.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

LIPH wrote:You don't sign up for passes, you have to know someone to get them. And Jimmy is never in the pre-show hospitality area. You probably only get to see him if you're a personal friend of his or a corporate sponsor.
My Ideas won't work???
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

ragtopW wrote:
LIPH wrote:You don't sign up for passes, you have to know someone to get them. And Jimmy is never in the pre-show hospitality area. You probably only get to see him if you're a personal friend of his or a corporate sponsor.
My Ideas won't work???
:roll: Right.. not to meet (not Meat) Jimmy..
but to get VIP...
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

It seems pretty consistent that a handful of band members do a meet and greet or two out in the parking lots before the shows. For an 8 oclock show, Nadirah Shakoor, Peter and Jim Mayer, Mike Utley, and Doyle Grisham are typically at the Margaritaville Shrimp bus in the parking lot around 5pm, and then sometimes another tent with a local club or group around 5:45 or 6:00pm. (it would vary for different show times). Those are all open to everyone in the area who are willing to get in line and go say hi. They visit, sell cd's, and sign stuff.

Some of the greatest, most genuine people that you'll ever meet.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Tiki Bar wrote:It seems pretty consistent that a handful of band members do a meet and greet or two out in the parking lots before the shows. For an 8 oclock show, Nadirah Shakoor, Peter and Jim Mayer, Mike Utley, and Doyle Grisham are typically at the Margaritaville Shrimp bus in the parking lot around 5pm, and then sometimes another tent with a local club or group around 5:45 or 6:00pm. (it would vary for different show times). Those are all open to everyone in the area who are willing to get in line and go say hi. They visit, sell cd's, and sign stuff.

Some of the greatest, most genuine people that you'll ever meet.

Yes, they are. :D

Debbie
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Simple answer - you don't.
There are lots of opportunities to meet the band - many times they do a show the night before at a local spot near the venue and they always have a meet and greet afterwards and they are all super nice people. Forget about meeting Jimmy unless you get lucky and see his caravan drive into the show and he rolls the window down to wave.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

ScarletB wrote:

Simple answer - you don't.
There are lots of opportunities to meet the band - many times they do a show the night before at a local spot near the venue and they always have a meet and greet afterwards and they are all super nice people. Forget about meeting Jimmy unless you get lucky and see his caravan drive into the show and he rolls the window down to wave.

It can happen. :D

Debbie
frozen bird
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by frozen bird »

ScarletB wrote:

Forget about meeting Jimmy unless you get lucky and see his caravan drive into the show and he rolls the window down to wave.
Or unless he tries to trample your little patch of dune grass 8)
"Rose' wine is a vegetable!"
Jimmy Buffett, March 23 2007
Anguilla, BWI

I could probably handle Gardner McKay, but I'm pretty sure Popeye would kick my ass
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

frozen bird wrote:
ScarletB wrote:

Forget about meeting Jimmy unless you get lucky and see his caravan drive into the show and he rolls the window down to wave.
Or unless he tries to trample your little patch of dune grass 8)

I know people who have run into him on some island or other and chatted with him at the bar but those aren't things you can plan for.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
alaura1974
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day!
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum, Pama in diet squirt

Post by alaura1974 »

I was lucky enough to see the show at the MVL in Niagara Falls, and he DID
point at me and HulaMoe !! Does that count??

oh, and

Boobies

Oh, and I forgot.... my husband got to shake his hand..... :evil:
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

alaura1974 wrote:I was lucky enough to see the show at the MVL in Niagara Falls, and he DID
point at me and HulaMoe !! Does that count??

oh, and

Boobies

Oh, and I forgot.... my husband got to shake his hand..... :evil:
i shook his hand many years ago....was lucky enough to get front row ( paid 25.00 for another section , but they moved us)...after the show , how he usually goes down the stage high fiving or shaking hands...i was one of the lucky ones ...also got his wrist band.
looking4OPH
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita (frozen, salt); drink, repeat

Post by looking4OPH »

TommyBahama wrote:...also got his wrist band.
Always been curious. I imagine the wrist bands/flip flops/etc. have to get a little....um.....smelly.....by the end of the show. Assuming you saved it as keepsake, did you wash it? [smilie=huh-ani.gif]
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

looking4OPH wrote:
Always been curious. I imagine the wrist bands/flip flops/etc. have to get a little....um.....smelly.....by the end of the show. Assuming you saved it as keepsake, did you wash it? [smilie=huh-ani.gif]

I always joke that if I got one I'd never wash it and use the DNA in the sweat to try to build my very own Jimmy! Except I wouldn't likely live long enough for him to be legal age for the uses I'd have for such a thing! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

looking4OPH wrote:
the wrist band i actually gave to a couple that own a Tropical Clothing store on Cape Cod....they have a lot of Buffet stuff decorating the store...last knew, it was still in the register...it was a yellow one...this is going back to 1993 0r 1994...when i got it.....also i did get a Flip Flop a couple of years ago, when he played Newport .....sad thing, it wasn't signed....and, it doesn't smell.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

ScarletB wrote:
looking4OPH wrote:

I always joke that if I got one I'd never wash it and use the DNA in the sweat to try to build my very own Jimmy! Except I wouldn't likely live long enough for him to be legal age for the uses I'd have for such a thing! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

child labor laws get circumvented as early as six. your very own JB duster. (and on the bright side, at least he can reach the shelves. unlike the Kenny Cheeeseney model...)
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

RinglingRingling wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
looking4OPH wrote:

child labor laws get circumvented as early as six. your very own JB duster. (and on the bright side, at least he can reach the shelves. unlike the Kenny Cheeeseney model...)
are you saying Jimmy is tall???...
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

TommyBahama wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
ScarletB wrote:
looking4OPH wrote:

are you saying Jimmy is tall???...
tall enough to reach the lower shelves at least. :D