10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Set lists from the 2011 tour
User avatar
SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 170623
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby SMLCHNG » October 15, 2011 5:07 pm

MGM Grand Garden Arena – Las Vegas, NV
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
Welcome to Fin Land Tour
Saturday October 22, 2011

Ilo Opening
Call My Name
Home Again
Let Me Love You

HOT HOT HOT

01 Viva Las Vegas
02 Brown Eyed Girl
03 License To Chill
04 Pencil Thin Mustache
05 Off To See The Lizard (Aussie Lyrics)
06 It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
07 School Boy Heart
08 Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
09 Life Is Just A Tire Swing
10 Come Monday
11 Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw
12 Cheeseburger In Paradise
13 One Particular Harbour
14 Use Me (Featuring Nadirah)
15 Bama Breeze
16 Volcano
17 Grapefruit Juicy Fruit
18 Margaritaville (with the not-so-lost verse)
19 Gypsies In The Palace
20 A Pirate Looks At Forty
21 Back Where I Come From
22 Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
23 Fins

First Encore
24 Knee Deep

Band Intros: Miss Tina Gullickson, Miss Nadirah Shakoor, Mr. Eric Darken, Peter Mayer, Mac McAnally, Doyle Grisham, Mr. Roger Guth, Uncle Jim Mayer, "Cool Man from Trinidad" Robert Greenidge, "Dancin'" Johnny Lovell (1942 Don Julio), Mr. Michael Utley

25 Southern Cross
26 Glory Days

Second Encore
27 Defying Gravity

User avatar
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11265
Joined: June 5, 2010 9:32 am
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol
Location: Maine

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby tigzoe » October 15, 2011 7:43 pm

I am thinking Penny is just a weeeeee bit excited, but that is MHO!
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
Image ImageImage.

User avatar
dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 32158
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby dnw » October 22, 2011 8:40 am

See everyone tonight on the set list!

Happy Vegas Buffett Day, set listers!!! :D
Image


Debbie

User avatar
dewyduster
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5537
Joined: November 16, 2006 8:13 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: UCONN and Boston Bruin Territory!
Contact:

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby dewyduster » October 22, 2011 10:54 am

MGM Grand Garden Arena – Las Vegas, NV
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
Welcome to Fin Land Tour
Saturday October 22, 2011
~Len
Been stuck here so long down on zero, I'd just like to make it to one
Image Image
Image

User avatar
KruzinParrots
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3551
Joined: September 3, 2007 12:50 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Pirates Punch
Location: PA and NYC and the Deep Blue Ocean

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby KruzinParrots » October 22, 2011 11:30 am

HAPPY BUFFETT DAY!

FINS UP^
Find Your Passion and Make It Happen

User avatar
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 13767
Joined: May 31, 2001 8:00 pm

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby ejr » October 22, 2011 1:57 pm

I'll be here (as long as I can stay awake).
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

User avatar
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 56995
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby LIPH » October 22, 2011 4:37 pm

I forgot about the Phoenix show Thursday, I'll see if I can remember to listen tonight.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

FinnsU.P.
Hoot!
Posts: 2398
Joined: August 26, 2009 1:07 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I'm listening to...
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: single malt scotch, neat
Location: On the beach of Lake Superior or AMI

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby FinnsU.P. » October 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Mixed feelings about being here tonight. I'm supposed to be at our cabin where there's no internet this evening, but I rolled my ankle this afternoon while running through the woods at my sons cross country running finals/ :-? It looks like a black and blue balloon and hurts like crazy. Sigh...
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?
"We can't control the wave, but we can learn to surf."

User avatar
rmissbrook
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1870
Joined: November 25, 2009 6:49 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I just heard
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Spiced Rum & Orange Juice
Location: In the center of Normal

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby rmissbrook » October 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Where is everyone? Where's the party? I had to miss Denver and Phoenix because I am still a working girl (Sigh.. but only for 62 more days) so thought I would get here early and get a front row seat. Even took a nap so I can be sure and stay awake. I've got seats blocked for the rest of you. :wink:
Image

Chicago - June 28, 2014 (bringing 2 Buffett virgins!)

Hugs, Kay

Life is just a water ballet...

Image

User avatar
rmissbrook
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1870
Joined: November 25, 2009 6:49 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I just heard
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Spiced Rum & Orange Juice
Location: In the center of Normal

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby rmissbrook » October 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Based on the photos from Denver and Phoenix I suppose some people would say that Jimmy needs a hair cut but I like it when it is longer and curly in back. Brings out the HOG in me. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Image

Chicago - June 28, 2014 (bringing 2 Buffett virgins!)

Hugs, Kay

Life is just a water ballet...

Image

User avatar
The Five O'clock Parrott
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6391
Joined: February 10, 2007 8:53 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Man Standing has a lot meaning right now.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice
Location: I wish I was somewhere other than here
Contact:

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby The Five O'clock Parrott » October 22, 2011 8:02 pm

hmmmmmmmmm
Mitch

Image

Beach House on the Mountain, Stowe VT, August 6th, 2011

User avatar
The Five O'clock Parrott
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6391
Joined: February 10, 2007 8:53 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Man Standing has a lot meaning right now.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice
Location: I wish I was somewhere other than here
Contact:

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby The Five O'clock Parrott » October 22, 2011 8:03 pm

FinnsU.P. wrote:Mixed feelings about being here tonight. I'm supposed to be at our cabin where there's no internet this evening, but I rolled my ankle this afternoon while running through the woods at my sons cross country running finals/ :-? It looks like a black and blue balloon and hurts like crazy. Sigh...


ouch. how did your son do??
Mitch

Image

Beach House on the Mountain, Stowe VT, August 6th, 2011

User avatar
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21110
Joined: February 5, 2002 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 77
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita w/salt salt salt
Location: Plowin' straight ahead, come what may

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby Wino you know » October 22, 2011 8:16 pm

LIPH wrote:I forgot about the Phoenix show Thursday, I'll see if I can remember to listen tonight.

I had an appointment with a bartender on Thursday night, but, since I'm at work, tonight I have nothing but free time.

FinnsU.P.
Hoot!
Posts: 2398
Joined: August 26, 2009 1:07 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I'm listening to...
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: single malt scotch, neat
Location: On the beach of Lake Superior or AMI

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby FinnsU.P. » October 22, 2011 8:28 pm

The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:Mixed feelings about being here tonight. I'm supposed to be at our cabin where there's no internet this evening, but I rolled my ankle this afternoon while running through the woods at my sons cross country running finals/ :-? It looks like a black and blue balloon and hurts like crazy. Sigh...


ouch. how did your son do??

Hi, Mitch. He did just ok. I was actually running around watching his girlfriend who ran first when I rolled it. The stubborn Finn in me kept going through her race (she did great - third place). By the time Michael ran it was hurting pretty bad but I limped through it. When his race was over he thankfully asked one of his coaches to pick me up in a golf cart and bring me back to our vehicle. It really doesn't look very good. :(
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?
"We can't control the wave, but we can learn to surf."

FinnsU.P.
Hoot!
Posts: 2398
Joined: August 26, 2009 1:07 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I'm listening to...
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: single malt scotch, neat
Location: On the beach of Lake Superior or AMI

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby FinnsU.P. » October 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Wino you know wrote:
LIPH wrote:I forgot about the Phoenix show Thursday, I'll see if I can remember to listen tonight.

I had an appointment with a bartender on Thursday night, but, since I'm at work, tonight I have nothing but free time.

Hi Garry, glad you'll be around.
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?
"We can't control the wave, but we can learn to surf."

User avatar
The Five O'clock Parrott
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6391
Joined: February 10, 2007 8:53 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Man Standing has a lot meaning right now.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice
Location: I wish I was somewhere other than here
Contact:

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby The Five O'clock Parrott » October 22, 2011 8:31 pm

FinnsU.P. wrote:
The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:Mixed feelings about being here tonight. I'm supposed to be at our cabin where there's no internet this evening, but I rolled my ankle this afternoon while running through the woods at my sons cross country running finals/ :-? It looks like a black and blue balloon and hurts like crazy. Sigh...


ouch. how did your son do??

Hi, Mitch. He did just ok. I was actually running around watching his girlfriend who ran first when I rolled it. The stubborn Finn in me kept going through her race (she did great - third place). By the time Michael ran it was hurting pretty bad but I limped through it. When his race was over he thankfully asked one of his coaches to pick me up in a golf cart and bring me back to our vehicle. It really doesn't look very good. :(


damn. yay for the g/f. get it checked. bum ankles s***!!
Mitch

Image

Beach House on the Mountain, Stowe VT, August 6th, 2011

FinnsU.P.
Hoot!
Posts: 2398
Joined: August 26, 2009 1:07 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I'm listening to...
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: single malt scotch, neat
Location: On the beach of Lake Superior or AMI

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby FinnsU.P. » October 22, 2011 8:39 pm

The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:
The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:Mixed feelings about being here tonight. I'm supposed to be at our cabin where there's no internet this evening, but I rolled my ankle this afternoon while running through the woods at my sons cross country running finals/ :-? It looks like a black and blue balloon and hurts like crazy. Sigh...


ouch. how did your son do??

Hi, Mitch. He did just ok. I was actually running around watching his girlfriend who ran first when I rolled it. The stubborn Finn in me kept going through her race (she did great - third place). By the time Michael ran it was hurting pretty bad but I limped through it. When his race was over he thankfully asked one of his coaches to pick me up in a golf cart and bring me back to our vehicle. It really doesn't look very good. :(


damn. yay for the g/f. get it checked. bum ankles s***!!

She really needed this. Today pretty much cemented her place on the college team she wants. Her mother is also battling cancer (and it's getting harder to beat each time, unfortunately) so this was a very bright spot in her life right now. I have a doctor appt. Monday morning so I'll have her take a look at my ankle then. Just laying low with a lot of ice and Advil right now.
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?
"We can't control the wave, but we can learn to surf."

User avatar
The Five O'clock Parrott
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6391
Joined: February 10, 2007 8:53 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Man Standing has a lot meaning right now.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice
Location: I wish I was somewhere other than here
Contact:

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby The Five O'clock Parrott » October 22, 2011 8:42 pm

FinnsU.P. wrote:
The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:
The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:Mixed feelings about being here tonight. I'm supposed to be at our cabin where there's no internet this evening, but I rolled my ankle this afternoon while running through the woods at my sons cross country running finals/ :-? It looks like a black and blue balloon and hurts like crazy. Sigh...


ouch. how did your son do??

Hi, Mitch. He did just ok. I was actually running around watching his girlfriend who ran first when I rolled it. The stubborn Finn in me kept going through her race (she did great - third place). By the time Michael ran it was hurting pretty bad but I limped through it. When his race was over he thankfully asked one of his coaches to pick me up in a golf cart and bring me back to our vehicle. It really doesn't look very good. :(


damn. yay for the g/f. get it checked. bum ankles s***!!

She really needed this. Today pretty much cemented her place on the college team she wants. Her mother is also battling cancer (and it's getting harder to beat each time, unfortunately) so this was a very bright spot in her life right now. I have a doctor appt. Monday morning so I'll have her take a look at my ankle then. Just laying low with a lot of ice and Advil right now.


tequila cures ankles. :wink: just sayin..........
Mitch

Image

Beach House on the Mountain, Stowe VT, August 6th, 2011

User avatar
dewyduster
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5537
Joined: November 16, 2006 8:13 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: UCONN and Boston Bruin Territory!
Contact:

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby dewyduster » October 22, 2011 8:46 pm

The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:
The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:
The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:Mixed feelings about being here tonight. I'm supposed to be at our cabin where there's no internet this evening, but I rolled my ankle this afternoon while running through the woods at my sons cross country running finals/ :-? It looks like a black and blue balloon and hurts like crazy. Sigh...


ouch. how did your son do??

Hi, Mitch. He did just ok. I was actually running around watching his girlfriend who ran first when I rolled it. The stubborn Finn in me kept going through her race (she did great - third place). By the time Michael ran it was hurting pretty bad but I limped through it. When his race was over he thankfully asked one of his coaches to pick me up in a golf cart and bring me back to our vehicle. It really doesn't look very good. :(


damn. yay for the g/f. get it checked. bum ankles s***!!

She really needed this. Today pretty much cemented her place on the college team she wants. Her mother is also battling cancer (and it's getting harder to beat each time, unfortunately) so this was a very bright spot in her life right now. I have a doctor appt. Monday morning so I'll have her take a look at my ankle then. Just laying low with a lot of ice and Advil right now.


tequila cures ankles. :wink: just sayin..........


wMs... hope you feel better Tina.
~Len
Been stuck here so long down on zero, I'd just like to make it to one
Image Image
Image

FinnsU.P.
Hoot!
Posts: 2398
Joined: August 26, 2009 1:07 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I'm listening to...
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: single malt scotch, neat
Location: On the beach of Lake Superior or AMI

Re: 10.22.11 - Las Vegas, NV

Postby FinnsU.P. » October 22, 2011 8:47 pm

:lol: I've been trying to figure out how I'd get me AND a margarita back up the stairs on crutches!
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?
"We can't control the wave, but we can learn to surf."


Return to “Set Lists 2011”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests