Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Who's Going to 20th MOTM 2011 Nov. 3-6? new list info pg 1

Post by TommyBahama »

CreolaInMySoul-a wrote:Our MOTM experience was amazing..there were so many highlights I can't possibly name them all. Spending the week with great friends and everday there were gut splitting laughs, tears generated by the beautiful songs delivered by the singer/songwriters, and the crazy late night antics. I loved it all. We didn't have any problems at streetfest but when you are surrounded by Chris, Tommy, Jack and Matt your pretty much safe. Thank you everyone for a fabulous week.
The hired help!!!...Charlston has nothing on us......ok,maybe he's taller and a lot more muscle!!!
MacPhin
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything BUT Cheeseburger
Favorite Boat Drink: PainKiller

Post by MacPhin »

we had a great time. where did all the time go because i would like some of it back, please?? i want to thank all of our housemates for some great memories. walking home our last night there i was so depressed thinking it had to come to an end.
back at work today...my back and neck are killing me and it's almost completely dark out now at 4:11 pm..WTF???
i wanna go back..i hear my little red bike calling my name.

thanks to all, too many to name.
Image Image
JB on Anguilla 3/24/07 St.Barth's 11/7/09

Lately,newspaper mentioned cheap airfare.
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere.
I'm close to bodily harm.
TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Post by TropicalTroubador »

Well...*that* was fun. :)

Still getting unpacked and finding everything at home. Almost didn't bother coming home - was seriously considering calling someone to pack my car and bring it out to me. :)

Just a wonderful, wonderful time, meeting people I've known online, seeing people I only get to see once a year, listening to great music, making great music. :)

I tried to stay out of the Street Fest scrum. Went past the stage twice, once on each side, during Mr. Myers' set. Found friends with a second-floor balcony room at the La Concha, so I was up there when Hisself arrived. Got a couple of aerial shots of him to post to Facebook. :) Couldn't hear the concert worth beans, so I'll just have to make time to watch everyone's YouTube videos. So it goes.

Yes, I've encountered fuggheads at Buffett shows before. Fortunately, they've been in the minority, and I've always got enough friends nearby to discourage anything major. Didn't see any of the f-headed behavior at Street Fest, but then again, I wasn't out in front of the stage. I just can't handle the crowds and noise. Funny for a musician, eh?

Can't wait 'til next year...though it looks like I'll be getting back to the Keys in June, and other parts of FL at least once and possibly twice next year. :)
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com
NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 106
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

Just a couple from the Bubba show:
There are lots more on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 505&type=1

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

I did want to share what we did on Sunday.............what we learned and pass it along.

We went on the Yankee Freedom out to the Dry Tortugas. You have to call to get the parrothead rate and it did save us a bunch of money! You have to show up at the dock at 7:15 AM (which was kinda rough) and we boarded about 7:45 AM. While we were waiting a very nice young lady named Chelsea said it was pretty windy out and we might need Dramamine. We had seen the weather report and got some the night before so we were all set but many folks didn't pay a whole lot of attention. When you board, they have a really nice buffet breakfast for everyone and off you go.......for 2 1/2 hours. You head out in pretty shallow water for the first 1 1/2 hrs until you pass the deep channel which has much rougher water. Well.....we had 20-25 knot winds (we found out later they cancel at 30) and all those folks that pigged out at breakfast......saw it again. There were folks hanging over the rail, puking in the trash and in barf bags. I was a little queasy and Bob was fine. By the time we got there and were in shallow water, everyone had recovered. It was a very beautiful place with tons of history and beautiful beaches........I felt like I was going to see Cpt Barbosa, Davey Jones and Cpt Jack Sparrow walk up on the beach at any moment. They supply water, food & snorkeling stuff. They have 3 heads and a place to change clothes and you can even rinse off the salt water. The water was kinda churned up so the snorkeling was not the best.......hence one of the reasons I was so tan leaving KW. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
They feed you lunch between 11 and 1 and everyone needs to be back on the boat by 3.......for the 2 1/2 hr. trip back. I was still really windy so I took another Dramamine. It was like a 1 1/2 hr roller coaster ride. At one point I looked at Bob and said "What's the crab count?" I have the utmost respect for ANYONE who fishes in the Bering Sea!
We did see the Seaplane you can take out and we both thought we would take that (even though it's a little pricey) to go out again. We got back about 5:30. Even one on the Yankee Freedom was extremely nice and very professional.
We did enjoy it, glad we did it and now were done with 3 hr boat rides........ :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

An appropriate quote from a fitting man.

"Never go on trips with anyone you do not love." ~Ernest Hemingway

I love you all. Thank you for an amazing week. Thank you all for welcoming into the fold this last year. Thank you for being you. Until the next time.

Love.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.
WinchWench
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark n Stormy

Post by WinchWench »

I have to say MOTM was pretty damn awesome this year too, but that could have something to do with being the very proud mom of the 10 year old who played at the Rum Barrel. :wink: :lol:

We didn't make it to the street fest because I figured I wouldn't want to drag a kid into that craziness and from the reports here, it sounds like that was the right call to make. Traveling with a kid makes for a different experience for sure, but there was still lots of fun to be had. I remember traveling a lot with my folks when I was a kid and those memories stuck with me so I want to pass that on to my kid too. In fact I'd say that has a lot to do with the reason I enjoy traveling so much now and why I chose to celebrate turning 30 by sitting in the Chart Room, sharing drinks with my dad, BSing about life and enjoying the hell out of the time we get to spend together once a year. :D
"It is as hard to describe the fascination of the sea as to explain the beauty of a woman, for, to each man, either it is self-evident, or no argument can help him see it."
Ambition At Bay
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by Ambition At Bay »

MacPhin wrote:we had a great time. where did all the time go because i would like some of it back, please?? i want to thank all of our housemates for some great memories. walking home our last night there i was so depressed thinking it had to come to an end.
back at work today...my back and neck are killing me and it's almost completely dark out now at 4:11 pm..WTF???

Good to see you guys again, fun, fun!
Summerlover
Fruitcake
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Post by Summerlover »

Ambition At Bay wrote:
MacPhin wrote:we had a great time. where did all the time go because i would like some of it back, please?? i want to thank all of our housemates for some great memories. walking home our last night there i was so depressed thinking it had to come to an end.

I would add it was nice to meet ya Russ. What a great dinner at Cafe Sole!! What no tuna??

I almost forgot Jim got the full pat down at Fort Lauderdale and I got my carry on searched. When I said something about our extra bags the TSA asked "you with him" pointing at my Jim..........uh maybe not?? LOL

I told Jim it was his Smokin Tuna shirt that got us the extra special attention. lol

It was my first look baby that's all it took
Ambition At Bay
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by Ambition At Bay »

Summerlover wrote:
Ambition At Bay wrote:

I would add it was nice to meet ya Russ. What a great dinner at Cafe Sole!! What no tuna??

I almost forgot Jim got the full pat down at Fort Lauderdale and I got my carry on searched. When I said something about our extra bags the TSA asked "you with him" pointing at my Jim..........uh maybe not?? LOL

I told Jim it was his Smokin Tuna shirt that got us the extra special attention. lol
Great to meet you guys for sure, we'll have to do that again! I forgot about the tuna at Cafe Sole, WTH!! I'll be back to KW in about 2 weeks, maybe I'll stop in and have another tuna fit :o
MacPhin
Behind Door #3

Post by MacPhin »

Ambition At Bay wrote:

I'm still waiting for Woody's autograph! [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] :lol:

Great to see you also, let's not make it so long for the next get together.
sorry we didn't get to say good bye. :(
Image Image

TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

TommyBahama wrote:I hope the injury isn't to severe...good luck with the x-rays...i hope it's a break and not a severe sprain..it will heal quicker...you forgot being dunked..haha!!!...love ya

ah yes, being dunked over and over and over again by you, Matt and Pam! ahaha.. I tell ya tho, that was a lot of fun and thanks to all of you who supported the dunk tank charity! Us Buffett Girls appreciate it!

ankle is doing ok.. got follow up x-rays and scans and such early next week. fun fun... but it does leave for some GREAT stories! hehe... including making Jack carry my luggage into the airport for me (thank you!!!!). I'm a lucky girl to have such awesome friends!
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!
TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

Our house pretty much rocked huh!? Between the roomies, couch surfers and our regular visitors like Jack, Stacie, Lesley, Corey (two of the couch surfers even!)... wow! Now.. think they'll let us back there next year?! hahaha...
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!
MacPhin
Behind Door #3

Post by MacPhin »

TongaTam wrote:

Our house pretty much rocked huh!? Between the roomies, couch surfers and our regular visitors like Jack, Stacie, Lesley, Corey (two of the couch surfers even!)... wow! Now.. think they'll let us back there next year?! hahaha...
yes! :lol:
i wonder how long it took for the cooler of beers we left outside was snatched up?
Image Image

maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

TongaTam wrote: ah yes, being dunked over and over and over again by you, Matt and Pam! ahaha.. I tell ya tho, that was a lot of fun and thanks to all of you who supported the dunk tank charity! Us Buffett Girls appreciate it!

ankle is doing ok.. got follow up x-rays and scans and such early next week. fun fun... but it does leave for some GREAT stories! hehe... including making Jack carry my luggage into the airport for me (thank you!!!!). I'm a lucky girl to have such awesome friends!

Hope everything is ok. I hope ankle injuries don't become a regular occurrence for our crew.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

TongaTam wrote:

I miss everyone already. We're going to need a mid-winter get-together to keep our sanity......

MOTM rocked.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

As for StreetFest, I saw some of the worst and some of the best. The worst, to my dismay, was often displayed by PHs. Pushing, shoving, nearly causing a stampede in one case. Refusing to move when KWPD yelled MOVE after people tried to arrive at 3:45 and park themselves along the walkways beside the stage. I was behind the stage and to the right (stage right) over near Starbucks, up against the barriers beside the white equipment truck. After initially trying to get back around to some of the rest of the BN crew and failing to get through the crowd, I stayed where I was, standing with a small group of locals. One a** shoved his way in, literally elbowing others aside. He had the right to do so, he said, because he was an important guy in the (Big East Coast City) PH Club. (I'll spare the other members of his club the embarrassment and not name the club). One woman demanded to be let into the backstage area because she just had knee surgery (uh, no, said security). My new friend (and long time KW resident) Martha told her she really should have thought twice before she waded into such a crowd so soon after surgery. To my great embarrassment, the PHs around me actually demanded that the locals step back out of the way and let the PHs to the front (they, just having arrived at 3:45 and the locals standing there for well over an hour) because THEY (the PHs) had PAID for the right to be at StreetFest (ah, no, not happening. Public event, anyone??). When Martha asked if I was one of the Parrotheads I didn't know quite how to respond..... Well, yeah, but...... The locals decided I was okay and at one point physically defended me when one of my PH brethren(?) tried to shove me out of the way. I'm not exactly petite, and the whole thing got a little scary. Jimmy did 15 songs? Loved it, but I would have guessed half that, as distracted as we were by the bedlam.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
alaura1974
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day!
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum, Pama in diet squirt

Post by alaura1974 »

dnw wrote:
Summerlover wrote:Back from our first MOTM and we had a blast. We met many from the forum and big thanks for including us in the group. :D

We got to partake in some tonga juice which was delicious. Tam I do hope your ankle will heal fast and if your gonna have something happen like this at least it was the last day.

I am still recovering and look forward to having a long weekend coming up. My tolerance to night after night of drinking and standing proved I just can't do it. LOL

Dave and Carol, hope your flights went well ((hugs))

Pam, didn't even get a text or a goodbye?? :(

Hope our paths cross again soon. We won't make it next year, need to get to the panhandle next spring. We haven't been back for many years and it is time. Then again maybe a Tampa and then just roll on over to the panhandle??

Have a great holiday season everyone!!

:( :( :(

Met everyone but you and laura1974. Maybe next year.

I missed meeting a lot of you :( We didnt get there till late Wednesday night, and then it was just crazy from there on. This was out first, will NOT be the last!!! We had such a great time, with such great people. I did not want to come home! Except maybe to get my dogs, and some more of our stuff !!!

Witnessed a couple of unfriendly things, but 99% of the time was absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!
alaura1974
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day!
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum, Pama in diet squirt

Post by alaura1974 »

I have a ton of pictures on my facebook page.... trying to organize them a little better though..... uploader is giving me a hard time ! [smilie=hate.gif]

http://facebook.com/​alaura1974
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:As for StreetFest, I saw some of the worst and some of the best. The worst, to my dismay, was often displayed by PHs. Pushing, shoving, nearly causing a stampede in one case. Refusing to move when KWPD yelled MOVE after people tried to arrive at 3:45 and park themselves along the walkways beside the stage. I was behind the stage and to the right (stage right) over near Starbucks, up against the barriers beside the white equipment truck. After initially trying to get back around to some of the rest of the BN crew and failing to get through the crowd, I stayed where I was, standing with a small group of locals. One a** shoved his way in, literally elbowing others aside. He had the right to do so, he said, because he was an important guy in the (Big East Coast City) PH Club. (I'll spare the other members of his club the embarrassment and not name the club). One woman demanded to be let into the backstage area because she just had knee surgery (uh, no, said security). My new friend (and long time KW resident) Martha told her she really should have thought twice before she waded into such a crowd so soon after surgery. To my great embarrassment, the PHs around me actually demanded that the locals step back out of the way and let the PHs to the front (they, just having arrived at 3:45 and the locals standing there for well over an hour) because THEY (the PHs) had PAID for the right to be at StreetFest (ah, no, not happening. Public event, anyone??). When Martha asked if I was one of the Parrotheads I didn't know quite how to respond..... Well, yeah, but...... The locals decided I was okay and at one point physically defended me when one of my PH brethren(?) tried to shove me out of the way. I'm not exactly petite, and the whole thing got a little scary. Jimmy did 15 songs? Loved it, but I would have guessed half that, as distracted as we were by the bedlam.

Sorry Jen, that you had to put up with that un-Buffetty behavior. Hopefully JB will play at the Casa next time.

Debbie