The Return of Tailgating to Bristow???

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

The Return of Tailgating to Bristow???

Post by FunkHouse9 »

The Boycott Jiffy Lube Live Tailgating Policy Facebook page is reporting that there may be a return of tailgating at Jiffy Lube Live in 2012. Anyone holding their breath?
Just heard some great news.... Now its time for Jiffy Lube Live to come out and confirm it! Keep your fingers crossed folks! We might have Tailgating back!
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Re: The Return of Tailgating to Bristow???

Post by phjrsaunt »

Worth keeping an eye on...

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

I will not be turning blue over this......but it will be interesting to see how tailgating is suddenly a safe sport in Bristow...... :-?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by tryin' to reason »

They're no doubt doing it NOT because it's the right thing to do, but because they want to once again sell out tickets and fill the seats with folks who will buy their overpriced beers.

Why would you want to encourage this type of consumer-unfriendly behavior by buying their tickets and helping them line their pockets with profits?????
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

And I see the new round of debates will begin. If they reverse their decision, they look greedy because ticket sales took a hit and they are backpeddling. If they don't, then acts might not come. Lose, lose in my book. Regardless, if they do allow tailgating it will be a win for the fans who do like to tailgate.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I hope they keep the policy in place. Not because I don't want tailgating, but because I'd really like to see how it pans out. I bet the seats would start filling back up this year regardless. People will have accepted it by now. Last year was the hurdle. This year it's par for the course. Changing the policy now would show it really was or is just about the money and that would be worse in my book.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

No Bristow for us this year. We aren't willing to take a chance that it will turn into yet another cluster. We were just glad the concert was rescheduled due to Hurricane Irene and we got our $$ back.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cli ... _blog.html

Jiffy Lube Live lifts tailgating ban

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

No tents or canopies though. Man that could be BRUTAL in August. I see a fight for the trees in 2012. :lol: :lol:
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.
Carolinadreamin'

No canopies/tents.......hope JB doesn't play in August. It's going to be butts to nuts in the Grove.

Driving aisles must be kept clear of chairs and tables.....no pirate ships or volcanos? Or strippper pole? :o

Jiffy Lube Live parking lots are reserved for concert patrons only.....ticket checks I bet.

Tailgating will shut down 20 minutes after the start of the advertised show time. Guests will be asked to enter the show or leave the parking lot.....actually it's the best time to leave if you're not going to the show. :wink:

Tailgating is not allowed after the concert. All parking lots will be closed at the conclusion of egress.....I'd like to see how they're going to empty those lots in less than 2 hours.

We'll see how this goes before we commit any money on tickets.........
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:Tailgating will shut down 20 minutes after the start of the advertised show time. Guests will be asked to enter the show or leave the parking lot.....actually it's the best time to leave if you're not going to the show. :wink:
I understand their reasoning but sometimes people tag along who are willing to stay in the lot, listen on Sirius/XM, and keep the vandals/thieves away......
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:Tailgating will shut down 20 minutes after the start of the advertised show time. Guests will be asked to enter the show or leave the parking lot.....actually it's the best time to leave if you're not going to the show. :wink:
I understand their reasoning but sometimes people tag along who are willing to stay in the lot, listen on Sirius/XM, and keep the vandals/thieves away......
Never thought of it that way.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
Carolinadreamin'

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Totally agree Jen! We had a few folks that packed up but stayed in the lot because of theft at Bristow. We've also heard of folks having stuff removed from the back of their pickups....... :roll:
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Totally agree Jen! We had a few folks that packed up but stayed in the lot because of theft at Bristow. We've also heard of folks having stuff removed from the back of their pickups....... :roll:
Yep, that was our friends Randy's and Tracy's pickup in 2009... Stole stuff out of the back and vandalized the truck.... GRRRRRRRR........ :evil: :evil:

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: "I Have Found Me a Home"
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark 'n Stormy

Post by Bfan53again »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Yep, that was our friends Randy's and Tracy's pickup in 2009... Stole stuff out of the back and vandalized the truck.... GRRRRRRRR........ :evil: :evil:
I guess the massive police presence disappears when the shows start......... :evil:
On most days I say: "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...."
Sometimes I can only say: "There is no dumbass vaccine......"

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
That is sooooo wrong!
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Not so sure I'm ready to jump right back in to JLL. After watching the tactics from afar last year still not sure I want to give them my money this year even with the return of tailgating... No tents? In August or September heat? Asking for trouble; people need shade. No one left in the lots? Asking for thievery and vandalism. Still really leery...... Besides, does anyone REALLY think this is all because the patrons were disgruntled? Oh no, HELL no. It's ALL about the money. Without tailgating, shows would not sell out this year. Maybe bands would choose other venues as a result. No, JLL does NOT want tailgating but they need it to fill seats. I still think they'll make it as difficult as possible.....

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Bfan53again »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:Not so sure I'm ready to jump right back in to JLL. After watching the tactics from afar last year still not sure I want to give them my money this year even with the return of tailgating... No tents? In August or September heat? Asking for trouble; people need shade. No one left in the lots? Asking for thievery and vandalism. Still really leery...... Besides, does anyone REALLY think this is all because the patrons were disgruntled? Oh no, HELL no. It's ALL about the money. Without tailgating, shows would not sell out this year. Maybe bands would choose other venues as a result. No, JLL does NOT want tailgating but they need it to fill seats. I still think they'll make it as difficult as possible.....
I agree, Jen. [smilie=coolup.gif]

It will be interesting to see if JB returns to JLL this year assuming, of course, he hadn't already signed some kind of long term deal previously....but then again, at age 65, just how long term would that be??????? :roll:

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Bfan53again wrote:It will be interesting to see if JB returns to JLL this year assuming, of course, he hadn't already signed some kind of long term deal previously....but then again, at age 65, just how long term would that be??????? :roll:
At age 100, Bob Hope was still cracking wise occasionally. And George Burns was making appearances in his 90s and had been booked to perform at the Palladium in London for his 100th birthday.

I think Bubba will be playing for quite a while yet, although once he hits 80 or so he might cut back on the touring a little bit. :)
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Bfan53again »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Bfan53again wrote:It will be interesting to see if JB returns to JLL this year assuming, of course, he hadn't already signed some kind of long term deal previously....but then again, at age 65, just how long term would that be??????? :roll:
At age 100, Bob Hope was still cracking wise occasionally. And George Burns was making appearances in his 90s and had been booked to perform at the Palladium in London for his 100th birthday.

I think Bubba will be playing for quite a while yet, although once he hits 80 or so he might cut back on the touring a little bit. :)
-"BB"-
Only time will tell......... :o :roll: :wink: