2012 - Frisco, Texas - Pizza Hut Park

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

rmillings
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

2012 - Frisco, Texas - Pizza Hut Park

Post by rmillings »

Just wanted to get a thread going for this concert. In the past, it has been in mid-May. Need to get my hotel room booked! :pirate:
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Re: 2013 - Frisco, Texas - Pizza Hut Park

Post by ScarletB »

Well if you're waiting for a 2013 date you really ARE early!
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Tonight I Just Need My Guitar *and* Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by East Texas Parrothead »

wSs. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.
My love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.
Tough75002
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a sailor
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by Tough75002 »

It is no longer Pizza Hut Park. It is back to FC Dallas Field. There are a lot of hotels in the area but none are walk able.
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

ScarletB wrote:Well if you're waiting for a 2013 date you really ARE early!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Tough75002 wrote:It is no longer Pizza Hut Park. It is back to FC Dallas Field. There are a lot of hotels in the area but none are walk able.

Comfort Suites in Frisco is certainly walkable........unless your bottle of tequila is empty...... :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

tigzoe wrote:
ScarletB wrote:Well if you're waiting for a 2013 date you really ARE early!

Debbie
phfromprospertx
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: ... & rum

Post by phfromprospertx »

Although Pizza Hut is stepping away from the naming rights, FC Dallas is still using the pizzahutpark website for some updates/communications, etc. This, too, will eventually get re-branded. In the meantime, the folks maintaining the website's Concert Events page have, within the last week, pulled down the 2011 dates and info. Let's hope they are making progress and will soon be posting 2012 dates (Doubt they are ready to post any 2013 dates. :D ), including that of JB and the CRB.

[smilie=coolup.gif]
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Re: 2012 - Frisco, Texas - Pizza Hut Park

Post by phjrsaunt »

since I REEEEEEALLY think this is talking about 2012, I edited the title. If I am wrong, please let me know. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.
phfromprospertx
Southeast of disorder

A little cross-pollintaion here... From another resource (buffettw.rld):
"A friend who gets a room every year at the hotel right next to the park got an email over the weekend saying it has been narrowed down to 2 dates, 4/28 or 5/5. 5/12 is open too, but there is some kind of marathon/race in Frisco that day, so it's unlikely to be that day. The GM of the hotel said in the email that his money is strongly on 4/28, but he didn't say why.

Also interesting in the email was a blurb about rules changing this year due to some incidents last year. I feel like I hear this every year, but for some reason this blurb sounded stronger. As far as that goes, I'm not sure if it was just me (maybe I'm just getting older), but last year I felt there were a lot of younger kids there floating around the RV lots. We had beer stolen out of our cooler and witnessed 2 different fights between the younger group. Fights at a JB concert???? Who does that??? Up until last year, we always felt the RV lot had such great atmosphere Friday and Saturday nights. I hope it's not a trend! Anybody else feel the same way?"
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

phfromprospertx wrote:A little cross-pollintaion here... From another resource (buffettw.rld):
"A friend who gets a room every year at the hotel right next to the park got an email over the weekend saying it has been narrowed down to 2 dates, 4/28 or 5/5. 5/12 is open too, but there is some kind of marathon/race in Frisco that day, so it's unlikely to be that day. The GM of the hotel said in the email that his money is strongly on 4/28, but he didn't say why.

Also interesting in the email was a blurb about rules changing this year due to some incidents last year. I feel like I hear this every year, but for some reason this blurb sounded stronger. As far as that goes, I'm not sure if it was just me (maybe I'm just getting older), but last year I felt there were a lot of younger kids there floating around the RV lots. We had beer stolen out of our cooler and witnessed 2 different fights between the younger group. Fights at a JB concert???? Who does that??? Up until last year, we always felt the RV lot had such great atmosphere Friday and Saturday nights. I hope it's not a trend! Anybody else feel the same way?"

That makes sense as I went to make reservations about a month ago, and they have the end of April through May blacked out. Can't wait!!
txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

I love reading possible dates. It means the announcements should be soon.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
spadilly
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason...
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Ginger Beer!

Post by spadilly »

:D
Houston 4/21/08, 5/20/10, 12/6/10, 5/5/11, 5/29/14, 5/28/15, 6/4/16, 6/8/17, 6/1/19, 6/4/22
Tampa 4/25/09
Frisco 5/21/11, 5/4/13
adstumac
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Knee Deep
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by adstumac »

I just checked the Hilton Garden Inn where I usually stay, and on the 28th of April rooms are $84. On the 5th of May rooms are $199! Somethings up I would think!
phfromprospertx
Southeast of disorder

adstumac wrote:I just checked the Hilton Garden Inn where I usually stay, and on the 28th of April rooms are $84. On the 5th of May rooms are $199! Somethings up I would think!
Ay, caramba!
bsooner75
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by bsooner75 »

Cinco De Mayo in TX with JB Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... I like the sound of that.
parrottheadbaby
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers-Miss you so Badly- Pierrer Blues- BoatDrinks-
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Breakfast Mojitos!!
Location: On the deck of a Cruise Ship..surrounded by Blue-Blue water!!

Post by parrottheadbaby »

Yeah Baby!!
As long as its NOT 5/26 (the GrandKeet's 1st Birthday) then We're Good!!!!
WooHoo!!!
[smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
~PHBaby
-Kandy (& Doreen)
" I'll take the Deck of a Ship anytime! "
**Loving Life ~ in 3/4 Time!**

clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

adstumac wrote:I just checked the Hilton Garden Inn where I usually stay, and on the 28th of April rooms are $84. On the 5th of May rooms are $199! Somethings up I would think!
all other hotels are normal price
PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

phfromprospertx wrote:A little cross-pollintaion here... From another resource (buffettw.rld):

Yes I've noticed that also! I believe there are LOTS of kids from the DFW area who just come out for the party, they are not PH's, have no PH connections, and have no desire to go to the concert, they are just there to party. I personally know of two of my friends whose kids have done that. I also hope it's not a trend and I sure hope they don't ruin it for the rest of us. :-?
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

PHarmGirl wrote:

Yes I've noticed that also! I believe there are LOTS of kids from the DFW area who just come out for the party, they are not PH's, have no PH connections, and have no desire to go to the concert, they are just there to party. I personally know of two of my friends whose kids have done that. I also hope it's not a trend and I sure hope they don't ruin it for the rest of us. :-?
That was the lot by Comfort Inn with the girls from Neb U with the stripper pole on top of their RV. I know Mr. Play and a few others remember that group! :wink: