Who's going to Bristow, VA September 1?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

angelb123
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Coastal Confession is the song of the moment
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas

Re: Who's going to Bristow, VA September 1?

Post by angelb123 »

Tickets bought for my crew of eight. I'm feeling very lukewarm about going back. Last year was utterly depressing. We just got back from the mind-blowing experience that is Tampa. And I'm just not feeling it this year. I'm hoping my feelings will change as the summer progresses. It's hard to pass up a show so close to home.
Poconoparrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to reason''''''
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by Poconoparrothead »

Well,we have our tics in hand,this cant be worse than camden,it wil be a new venue for us,we are going to tailgate at the hotel, any suggestions on closest clean hotels?,not farmiliar with area thanks,
Visions of good times make me want to go back again!!!!
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

Orchestra 3 row h, I know we are near the front, has anybody ever sat in this section?
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

jbfinscj wrote:Orchestra 3 row h, I know we are near the front, has anybody ever sat in this section?
You are in the left orchestra (facing the stage).
Left Orchestra is "3", Center orchestra is "2", and Right Orchestra is "1".

Row H isn't bad. At JLL row A isn't much better than rows B-H,
because "front row A" is already 10 feet away from the stage.

Except for bragging rights, Row H is every bit as good (IMHO)
as front row B (orch 1 and 3 have no row A, rows run from B through T).

You're close .... you'll have a great time. Enjoy.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead

Post by jbfinscj »

Thanks SP, are you going to the show?

cabanaboy1
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: tin cup
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: mojito

Post by cabanaboy1 »

I live down by the venue. Jimmy finally came back after they fined him sitffly for a sound ordinance infraction, if that gives you any idea. Also, I refuse to go to any shows there because it feels like the security and cops are always "looking" for something. If you have any experience at with a true Buffett tailgate (like Manassass was) you will not be impressed and pleased. Small hibachi's and red solo cups will be your afternoon. If they intend to loosen up this year, and he even comes back this year, I do hope the most of fun for you though. Good luck.
FunkHouse9 wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:Well.... I'll probably be there. I can't really justify traveling elsewhere for a show, so this is the only option I'll give myself.
Just wondering...is Virgina Beach a better venue? My cousin just moved down there and I would consider crashing with her if it's a good tailgate and show there.
I've never been to a show down there so I couldn't tell you. Much better town than Bristow for sure though.
SkoolGrl<3
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: today: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: if it's got rum or tequila, gimme it!!!

Post by SkoolGrl<3 »

Just thought I'd pop in and say HI. I'm not singing "See You in September". That MegaMillions jackpot didn't pan out for me. :cry: I haven't completely ruled out coming up for there for the show, but last year and this year, tickets went on sale at the suckiest time of the year for me (my keets' birthdays are two days apart in April). And last year, I ended up being glad I didn't resort to beans and weanies for a month in order to get tickets. Yeah, yeah... i know I can show up and get lawn seats, but SP can confirm that I'm a little bit of a ticket snob. :wink: I've never done Buffett from the lawn (heh heh, done Buffett)

The only thing that keeps me from making a solid "I'm not going" decision right now is I missed my BN Phamily last year. Even with all the "no tailgating" enforcement! You could have seen me posting pathetic parking lot pics like the ones from HockeyMon and Funkhouse9 (and we're still wondering what happened to 1-8). [smilie=asa.gif]

So who knows... maybe this year to start a chapter in my Book of Bristow, I'll "just show up" and search for a ticket. I don't know if I can go two years without Buffetting and missing out on quality time with Phamily!!!
"She's cute when she drunk dials - odd combination of cute, sappy sweet, and curse like a sailor all in one." -Surfpirate

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

SkoolGrl<3 wrote:Just thought I'd pop in and say HI. I'm not singing "See You in September". That MegaMillions jackpot didn't pan out for me. :cry: I haven't completely ruled out coming up for there for the show, but last year and this year, tickets went on sale at the suckiest time of the year for me (my keets' birthdays are two days apart in April). And last year, I ended up being glad I didn't resort to beans and weanies for a month in order to get tickets. Yeah, yeah... i know I can show up and get lawn seats, but SP can confirm that I'm a little bit of a ticket snob. :wink: I've never done Buffett from the lawn (heh heh, done Buffett)

The only thing that keeps me from making a solid "I'm not going" decision right now is I missed my BN Phamily last year. Even with all the "no tailgating" enforcement! You could have seen me posting pathetic parking lot pics like the ones from HockeyMon and Funkhouse9 (and we're still wondering what happened to 1-8). [smilie=asa.gif]

So who knows... maybe this year to start a chapter in my Book of Bristow, I'll "just show up" and search for a ticket. I don't know if I can go two years without Buffetting and missing out on quality time with Phamily!!!
Just for "kicks and giggles" I went to the Ticketmaster site last night to see if tix were still available. If I understood their chart right, there are still a bajillion seats available. If you decide to catch a wild hare, Skoolie, let me know. Me and my pink Converse All Stars may just have to join ya!

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.
surfpirate
Here We Are

Post by surfpirate »

phjrsaunt wrote:
SkoolGrl<3 wrote:Just thought I'd pop in and say HI. I'm not singing "See You in September". That MegaMillions jackpot didn't pan out for me. :cry: I haven't completely ruled out coming up for there for the show, but last year and this year, tickets went on sale at the suckiest time of the year for me (my keets' birthdays are two days apart in April). And last year, I ended up being glad I didn't resort to beans and weanies for a month in order to get tickets. Yeah, yeah... i know I can show up and get lawn seats, but SP can confirm that I'm a little bit of a ticket snob. :wink: I've never done Buffett from the lawn (heh heh, done Buffett)

Just for "kicks and giggles" I went to the Ticketmaster site last night to see if tix were still available. If I understood their chart right, there are still a bajillion seats available. If you decide to catch a wild hare, Skoolie, let me know. Me and my pink Converse All Stars may just have to join ya!
Oh hell .... if Skoolie and Auntie were to go
of course I'd show up too ....
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly

Post by phjrsaunt »

surfpirate wrote:
phjrsaunt wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester

Post by jbfinscj »

phjrsaunt wrote:
surfpirate wrote:
phjrsaunt wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Come on folks, let's forget about 2011 and relive how much fun 2010 was. I was just as mad as everybody else last year and returned my tickets too, but truth be told I would love to see everybody return to Bristow. If I am willing to give it another shot, I would hope you would all consider it also. PLEASE :pirate:

Otis Gudlyfe
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: "A Pirate Looks at 40"...'cuz I did a bit of smugglin'
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: I Love 'em All

Post by Otis Gudlyfe »

.....well, if SP and Skoolie gooooo...... [smilie=giggle.gif]
It has been a while since I've made my Margarita Jello Shots....
You've only got two options - having fun or freaking out.

I LOVE BOOBIES!!!
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly

Post by phjrsaunt »

Otis Gudlyfe wrote:.....well, if SP and Skoolie gooooo...... [smilie=giggle.gif]
It has been a while since I've made my Margarita Jello Shots....
Please note-we didn't say we were going...I know that I can't make that call until MUCH later in the summer [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester

Post by jbfinscj »

Rumor has it that surf pirate may in fact show up at bristow this year

surfpirate
Here We Are

Post by surfpirate »

jbfinscj wrote:Rumor has it that surf pirate may in fact show up at bristow this year
Upon advice of counsel
I will neither confirm
nor deny this discussion.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

surfpirate wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:Rumor has it that surf pirate may in fact show up at bristow this year
Upon advice of counsel
I will neither confirm

...but will you send the pole?
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester

Post by jbfinscj »

surfpirate wrote:
Upon advice of counsel
I will neither confirm

But I read it on Buffettnews under the "rumored Surf Pirate Tour Dates" link. Doesn't that make it official?

Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: "I Have Found Me a Home"
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark 'n Stormy

Post by Bfan53again »

Just for fun I checked the TM site for Bristow tickets last night.

I was amazed when the site came back with a link to "Choose your own seats"????? Never saw that before for a JB show, ever..... :roll:

Lots of seats in the 200 & 300 sections at face value ($157) still available........ :o

Still, with the "new" tailgating rules (especially no canopies for shade in the late summer Virginia heat) I think I'll pass on Bristow......again. [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]
On most days I say: "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...."
Sometimes I can only say: "There is no dumbass vaccine......"

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."
TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

alright.. so I'll be in the area that weekend.. up in Leesburg. I heard theres a group going to party over at the fairgrounds again then head over to the show in buses. Any one know anything about that? I can get more info... I doubt I'll step foot in the lot, but if I'm in the area I may try and meet up wtih y'all at some point!

plus.. its so fun walking thru Loews with a cup of tonga in hand! :-P
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

We should just call this thread "Who's not going to Bristow, VA September 1." It's basically that anyway.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.