I'm Gonna Live My Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

I'm Gonna Live My Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song

Post by catsway »

I just ran across this book on B&N and Amazon. No copies at our local store. Before I order it, would anyone have a personal review of the book?

Overview
Jack Danielson always thought he was happy. After all, he had a serious career, a tall, skinny blonde girlfriend, and a condo chock full of Ikea furniture. But then one day an icy Minnesota freeway and an overly close encounter with a Peterbilt truck make him rethink his lifestyle, and he sets out to escape from the ordinary and to live his life like a Jimmy Buffett song. As contemplative as it is fun, this light and breezy book is seasoned with a healthy peppering of Buffetteria, and is the perfect tale for anyone who ever dreamed of chucking it all to lie on a beach and drink margaritas all day.
And don't forget to check out "Jack And Di Rum Song", also available here on Amazon in paperback and Kindle, the sequel to "I'm Gonna Live My Life Like A Jimmy Buffett Song" and the second book in The Island Series.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley

The Lost Manatee
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: I'm Gonna Live My Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song

Post by The Lost Manatee »

I don't know anything about that one. Sorry. I did just finish reading Cayman Escape by L. Neyl Rietcheck. It has some elements that are Buffett related/inspired. It is a nice page turner, with lots of twists and turns.
Captain Jack's Bar & Grill, Home to the Lost Manatee.

Livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.

cmpete
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Love N Luck
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by cmpete »

Have it - and the sequel - Jack and Di Rum Song.

Gotta tell you - it is WONDERFUL!
The story sweeps you past any tiny hiccups in the writing. It is a print version of why I like Buffett - down to earth dreaming with a side of smart a$$. You'll be humming songs as you read it, and longing to join Jack - if you aren't already a Jack clone.

It (sadly) won't win awards. But it has a place on my bookshelf - right beside the vodoo doll and three pink flamingos.....
[smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Best served on a snowy winter night with a frozen concoction - or at least some red wine!
clear as celophane

pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

Sounds familiar.........

SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.