NFL 2012 Season

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: NFL 2012 Season

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Gotta pull for San Fran. They built a fine team out there and the Kaepernick story reminds me of Brady about a decade ago (although I doubt he will be as good long term).

Speaking of the Patriots, all I can say is that people who think 12 win seasons and trips to the AFC Championship are a failure are about on the same level of retaaahdedness as the who still bring up spy gate. Someone in this thread asked "where are the Patriots fans?" I ask where are all the:

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
Saint Louis Rams
San Diego Chargers
Seattle Seahawks
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins

fan? :lol:

Patriots, as I have posted before, have a 75 win 20 loss record since the supposed spy gate.

They have won more playoff games then most teams in the last 15 years since that accusation.

Bellichick won 11 games one season WITHOUT Tom Brady after the accusation. How did the Colts do when Manning went down? How do most teams do without their # 1 QB (unless it is someone like Alex Smith and then the only way any team could go it up).

They have the only 16 game undefeated season . . .

They have set scoring records . . .

Hold consecutive win records . . .

No failures here. Another massively successful season. And ya'all know it.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Post by aeroparrot »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
Speaking of the Patriots, all I can say is that people who think 12 win seasons and trips to the AFC Championship are a failure are about on the same level of retaaahdedness as the who still bring up spy gate. Someone in this thread asked "where are the Patriots fans?" I ask where are all the:

Washington Redskins

I've been here. Obviously. :wink:
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Post by aeroparrot »

LIPH wrote:Colin Kaepernick is the man. :lol:

Wow, he even got you to be envious. :lol: :lol:
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

aeroparrot wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:

Washington Redskins

Ditto. 8)
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
bravedave
At the Bama Breeze

Post by bravedave »

surfpirate wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:

Washington Redskins

Ditto. 8)
Check.
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
They have won more playoff games then most teams in the last 15 years since that accusation.
Umm...it's only been 5 years, not 15.

drunkpirate66 wrote: Bellichick won 11 games one season WITHOUT Tom Brady after the accusation. How did the Colts do when Manning went down? How do most teams do without their # 1 QB (unless it is someone like Alex Smith and then the only way any team could go it up).
Thus proving Brady is a "system QB"... :pirate:

drunkpirate66 wrote:
They have the only 16 game undefeated season . . .
Yes. During the season of Spygate.
drunkpirate66 wrote:
They have set scoring records . . .
drunkpirate66 wrote:
Hold consecutive win records . . .
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Yup . . . 75 wins and 20 losses in 6 years (not 5, P - learn to count. Subtraction doesn't work when you are counting . . .) and more playoff wins in that span of time then most teams over the past 15 (try to read more carefully, P) . . . and your dates on the accusation are incorrect - all them wins happened after - including the 11 win season without Tom Brady that you so carefully edited out and the win streaks and scoring records. 75 wins. 20 losses. About as good as winning percentage as any coach in almost any sport would be proud of. The fact remains spygate was a flopped story that holds no relevance and through winning in the regular season more than anyone else (without Tom Brady for 20% of the time since the accusation) and winning in the post season whereas 80% + of the league hasn't even made it there over the past 5 years speaks volumes.) Ya'all are just grasping at straws . . . and the 4 fans who have been here - :lol: - wow . . . your loser teams must be proud of ya too. I mean, really? People? Come on.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Yup . . . 75 wins and 20 losses in 6 years (not 5, P - learn to count. Subtraction doesn't work when you are counting . . .) and more playoff wins in that span of time then most teams over the past 15 (try to read more carefully, P) . . . and your dates on the accusation are incorrect - all them wins happened after - including the 11 win season without Tom Brady that you so carefully edited out and the win streaks and scoring records. 75 wins. 20 losses. About as good as winning percentage as any coach in almost any sport would be proud of. The fact remains spygate was a flopped story that holds no relevance and through winning in the regular season more than anyone else (without Tom Brady for 20% of the time since the accusation) and winning in the post season whereas 80% + of the league hasn't even made it there over the past 5 years speaks volumes.) Ya'all are just grasping at straws . . . and the 4 fans who have been here - :lol: - wow . . . your loser teams must be proud of ya too. I mean, really? People? Come on.

By the way . . . The Patriots are one of three teams to make the playoffs in four consecutive seasons (2009-12). The only other teams to accomplish the feat are the Baltimore Ravens and the Green Bay Packers. How many other teams have won 5 playoff games in the last 6 years (not 5, P . . . remember we are counting here - try to keep up)? Of the 30 + teams in the NFL I am guessing that number is real small.

Its actually 76 - 20 since the accusation. Didn't want to to rub it in too much. There are Redskins fans here.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote:more playoff wins in that span of time then most teams over the past 15 (try to read more carefully, P) . . .
Since spygate, the Patriots have won 5 playoff games. Just in that span, I won't bother going back the full 15 years, the Ravens and Giants have won 8 playoff games, the Packers have won 6 and the Steelers have matched the Patriots with 5. Even the Jests have come close, winning 4.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:more playoff wins in that span of time then most teams over the past 15 (try to read more carefully, P) . . .
Since spygate, the Patriots have won 5 playoff games. Just in that span, I won't bother going back the full 15 years, the Ravens and Giants have won 8 playoff games, the Packers have won 6 and the Steelers have matched the Patriots with 5. Even the Jests have come close, winning 4.
Going to paste this entire thing so people don't conveniently take make a couple sentences fit misplaced context:

Yup . . . 75 wins and 20 losses in 6 years (not 5, P - learn to count. Subtraction doesn't work when you are counting . . .) and more playoff wins in that span of time then most teams over the past 15 (try to read more carefully, P) . . . and your dates on the accusation are incorrect - all them wins happened after - including the 11 win season without Tom Brady that you so carefully edited out and the win streaks and scoring records. 75 wins. 20 losses. About as good as winning percentage as any coach in almost any sport would be proud of. The fact remains spygate was a flopped story that holds no relevance and through winning in the regular season more than anyone else (without Tom Brady for 20% of the time since the accusation) and winning in the post season whereas 80% + of the league hasn't even made it there over the past 5 years speaks volumes.) Ya'all are just grasping at straws . . . and the 4 fans who have been here - - wow . . . your loser teams must be proud of ya too. I mean, really? People? Come on.

By the way . . . The Patriots are one of three teams to make the playoffs in four consecutive seasons (2009-12). The only other teams to accomplish the feat are the Baltimore Ravens and the Green Bay Packers. How many other teams have won 5 playoff games in the last 6 years (not 5, P . . . remember we are counting here - try to keep up)? Of the 30 + teams in the NFL I am guessing that number is real small.

Its actually 76 - 20 since the accusation. Didn't want to to rub it in too much. There are Redskins fans here.

But, yeah, Larry . . . so less than 8% of the entire NFL has won as many playoff games or more than New England in the past 6 years (not 5, P)? :lol: That is my point, exactly! Thank you.

Since you are in the researching kind of mood, how many teams have won 76 games or more in that same span of time? Prove my point again . . . please.
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Can we selectively pick any 5 or 6 or 10 year span?
'cause .... I can make a case for my team ...
and few others .... maybe I can spot pick years
between 1982 and 1997 ...

... or are we just talking this millennium?

'cause that won't work ... you know ... the whole Dan Snyder/Jim Zorn era and all ....
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

surfpirate wrote:Can we selectively pick any 5 or 6 or 10 year span?
'cause .... I can make a case for my team ...
and few others .... maybe I can spot pick years
between 1982 and 1997 ...

... or are we just talking this millennium?

'cause that won't work ... you know ... the whole Dan Snyder/Jim Zorn era and all ....
Since 2007.

The Patriots have gone 76 - 20 with 5 playoff wins since they were accused of cheating before Week 1 of the 2007 NFL season.

Ironically (to me anyways) the Patriots went 70 - 26 in the 6 years leading up to the accusation in 2007.

The point being . . . they (by "they" mostly Brady and Bellichick) have proved to be quite dominant despite implications made by those who feel they wouldn't have been without spygate.

The only "gift" the Patriots get is that they play in the AFC East. :lol: Thank you Miami, Buffalo, and the Jests for taking off the last decade so the Patriots can wrack up record setting wins.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote:But, yeah, Larry . . . so less than 8% of the entire NFL has won as many playoff games or more than New England in the past 6 years (not 5, P)? :lol: That is my point, exactly! Thank you.

Since you are in the researching kind of mood, how many teams have won 76 games or more in that same span of time? Prove my point again . . . please.
I would venture a guess that no team has won 76 games in that span. But I always thought the object of a team sport was to win championships, not just put up a lot of flashy stats. To make an analogy with another sport, all those fantasy football numbers the Patriots have given us since 2007 are kind of like Ken Griffey, Jr. hitting a lot of meaningless home runs. They look good on the stat sheet but they don't win championships. The bottom line is only 1 team goes home happy at the end of the season and this is the 8th straight year it hasn't been the Patriots. You can quote all the stats you want, that's the only one that really counts.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

drunkpirate66 wrote:I ask where are all the:
Denver Broncos
I'm here, too... and our team had another massively successful season. And you know it, too.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:But, yeah, Larry . . . so less than 8% of the entire NFL has won as many playoff games or more than New England in the past 6 years (not 5, P)? :lol: That is my point, exactly! Thank you.

I would venture a guess that no team has won 76 games in that span. But I always thought the object of a team sport was to win championships, not just put up a lot of flashy stats. To make an analogy with another sport, all those fantasy football numbers the Patriots have given us since 2007 are kind of like Ken Griffey, Jr. hitting a lot of meaningless home runs. They look good on the stat sheet but they don't win championships. The bottom line is only 1 team goes home happy at the end of the season and this is the 8th straight year it hasn't been the Patriots. You can quote all the stats you want, that's the only one that really counts.
I couldn't agree more - except the last line. The only stat that really counts, sadly but accurately, is Robert Kraft's wallet. The Patriots have built a system (along with the help of getting to play the three AFC East teams every year) where the win tremendous amounts of games which creates tremendous amounts of interest - both in New England and throughout the world. Would I rather a 10 win season and a Super Bowl? Absolutely. But on the same train of thought a 12 win season with a playoff win resulting in a chance to play in the AFC Championship is no failure either like some around here imply. Nor is the efforts of the last decade . . . specifically since 2007 when the Patriots have won more games then any other team. This matters because it proves legitimacy after a scandal and it keeps creating revenue in one of the most populated areas of the United States. Since 2007 the Patriots continue to produce winning teams. Ken Griffey jr. :lol: never won anything and basically made every team he played for worse - those poor Reds' fans!

I got you on record stating all those homeruns were meaningless, though. Small victories in life. I too can take things out of context when warranted.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

SMLCHNG wrote:
Denver Broncos
I'm here, too... and our team had another massively successful season. And you know it, too.[/quo

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Someone asked where all the Patriots fans were after the Patriots lost. 28 teams didn't make it as far as the Patriots and 30 teams didn't get to the Super Bowl. So why single out the Patriots' fans when everyone should be included in the fun? :D

Sorry you got Manning'd. Most playoff losses by a QB (along with Favre) and has never won when the temperature is below 40 (0 - 4) . . . that man loves domes.
CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

Jon, since you seem to be on such a kick here tonight, let me ask....

How many CHAMPIONSHIPS has your team won in your 6 year stretch?
Your entire statement is based upon you being content with being not-quite-as-good as the Buffalo Bills on the 90s (4 straight Super Bowls, 0 Championships), or the Philadelphia Eagles of the early-2000s (4 straight NFC Championship games, 0 Championships).

Sounds like you are content to lose in the playoffs every year. Sounds like you're happy with "Peyton Manning Land"...lots of regular season success, lots of playoff failures.
CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

Hey Jon, what do the Giants, Packers, Saints, Steelers, and Colts have in common?

They've all won Championships in the period of time since the Patriots FAILED to win a Championship in the season they were penalized for cheating.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
SMLCHNG wrote:
Denver Broncos
I'm here, too... and our team had another massively successful season. And you know it, too.
Not sure what that has to do with anything.
You made the statement first. I answered it. :)
Someone asked where all the Patriots fans were after the Patriots lost. 28 teams didn't make it as far as the Patriots and 30 teams didn't get to the Super Bowl. So why single out the Patriots' fans when everyone should be included in the fun? :D
I dunno. I didn't ask the questions.
Sorry you got Manning'd. Most playoff losses by a QB (along with Favre) and has never won when the temperature is below 40 (0 - 4) . . . that man loves domes.
Pfffft. I'm not sorry at all. Never liked him much, but he's a good leader. And I don't fault ANYONE to play in SUBZERO temps, and double OT.
[/quote]
CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

This is fun. Pile on Jon night!!!