2 explosions at Boston Marathon

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon

Post by TommyBahama »

sistergoldenhair wrote:To Tommy and SGH, Wow. What a harrowing day for the two of you. This type of experience can be life altering. It changes the way you look at things, refocuses what is important. I had that feeling on Sept. 11, as many of my friends and parents of my students worked in that area. God bless you and your families, I'm glad all is well. So sad for the victims. It is unspeakable.
Ravi, I'm relieved to see that you were not there. I thought of you right away when I heard about it yesterday afternoon!
And for our country, the world has changed. It changed on 9/11, and every so often we are shaken out of our contented daze to realize that we are not immune to this kind of senseless violence where the perpetrator doesn't care who suffers. It is scarier to me than the events of Newtown, where one mentally ill boy went berserk. This is multiple people, carefully planning and coordinating mayhem. My son and husband just walked out the door -- one for Newark, one for NYC, both getting on trains this morning. I hope they get home safely. Our scout troop is going to Wash DC this weekend. I am nervous about that. And that is what terrorism does. It gets into your head and affects your daily decisions, the way you feel about moving freely through your day ... Prayers and blessings of healing to the victims in Boston ... [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] :cry: [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif]
the horror part was not getting a hold of anyone , i knew a ton of people that were running , and i knew a couple that was in the bleachers, so far all is well. Once i found out they were safe , i was relieved , but my heart goes out to all effected by this act of terrorism.
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

This is just so sad. I will never understand....

Jen and Tommy, glad your relatives are ok.

wish everyone else was too....
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

I am sending all my love and all my prayers up North today.

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

NECN says the FBI is investigating an apt in Revere. Let's hope they figure this out quickly.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

sistergoldenhair wrote:Our scout troop is going to Wash DC this weekend. I am nervous about that.
Don't be. There will be heightened security around I'm sure.
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Still too early to make accusations and place blame. The fact is there are
crazy bastards everywhere. Let the investigators do their jobs. Pray
for the victims.
Who's got the rum?
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

big john wrote:Still too early to make accusations and place blame. The fact is there are
crazy bastards everywhere. Let the investigators do their jobs. Pray
for the victims.
Retirement Years are indeed the Wisest Years.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

A little levity in the midst of unspeakable tragedy.
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

Former New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers, and Cleveland Browns player Joe Andruzzi helping rescue victims from the bombing:

(Note: 3 of Andruzzi's brothers were members of the NYPD when the September 11th bombings occurred. A cancer survivor, Andruzzi also runs a foundation for Brain Cancer research.)
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

He was there supporting some runners from his charity.
CaptainP wrote:Former New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers, and Cleveland Browns player Joe Andruzzi helping rescue victims from the bombing:

(Note: 3 of Andruzzi's brothers were members of the NYPD when the September 11th bombings occurred. A cancer survivor, Andruzzi also runs a foundation for Brain Cancer research.)
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

CaptainP wrote:Former New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers, and Cleveland Browns player Joe Andruzzi helping rescue victims from the bombing:

Minor clarification that does nothing to change the story - his brothers are FDNY, not NYPD.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

LIPH wrote:

Minor clarification that does nothing to change the story - his brothers are FDNY, not NYPD.
I posted incorrect information. I must be banned from posting on BN for the next 17 seconds.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

http://www.registercitizen.com/articles ... 029640.txt

my nephew was interviewed by the local paper , his account of what he experienced.....a little different from my brothers account to me.....some of the other people interviewed are friends or people i know.
maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

I found myself inclined to buy my first Red Sox shirt today. I'm thinking of you all this week.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Fertilizer plant outside of Waco just blew up.

coincidence? and 4chan might have found the suspects in boston. Guy has a very "uneven" backpack and then is photographed without it.

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA/noscript
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

msu#1 wrote:Fertilizer plant outside of Waco just blew up.

coincidence? and 4chan might have found the suspects in boston. Guy has a very "uneven" backpack and then is photographed without it.

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA/noscript
Not sure.  Those nylon backpacks are like Fruit of the Loom underwear; made and sold by the thousands.  The odds of someone, anyone in a gathering that large having something that superficially resembles a piece of evidence are so likely that I would have been more surprised if they would not have been able to find a picture of someone carrying one like it.

That having been said, though, it would be nice if this does turn out to be a prime clue in locating and apprehending a suspect.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

I'm curious as to what that explosion at the fertilizer plant in Texas has to do with the bombs going off at the Boston Marathon on Monday? I realize anything of that nature in the wake of the bombings is gone be suspicious but I wouldn't naturally assume that it's connected to it. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm a big believer in reserving judgement until all the facts are in.

I also don't get the amateur sleuthing of the 4chan thing, apparently part of the criteria was that one of the people in the photo is "brown". I know racism runs rampant in this country but it also seems like we would have learned something from racial profiling by now. I also realize that lots of people have been very quick to judge in this instance. Truth is, we have no idea who or what is responsible for this very horrific incident. Unfortunately, that hasn't stopped a lot of people from placing blame when they have absolutely nothing to go on.
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Tiki Torches wrote:I'm curious as to what that explosion at the fertilizer plant in Texas has to do with the bombs going off at the Boston Marathon on Monday? I realize anything of that nature in the wake of the bombings is gone be suspicious but I wouldn't naturally assume that it's connected to it. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm a big believer in reserving judgement until all the facts are in.

I also don't get the amateur sleuthing of the 4chan thing, apparently part of the criteria was that one of the people in the photo is "brown". I know racism runs rampant in this country but it also seems like we would have learned something from racial profiling by now. I also realize that lots of people have been very quick to judge in this instance. Truth is, we have no idea who or what is responsible for this very horrific incident. Unfortunately, that hasn't stopped a lot of people from placing blame when they have absolutely nothing to go on.

I never said it was connected, just weird timing. 4chan labeled the wrong people more than just the brown ones, the media then made it seem like they were right. The Post ran it and Fox News did too. People on this message board were labeling the bombers as "immigrants".

Looks like one of the real bombers is somewhat white at least.