The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 1

Whaddya think? SoCal this year?

Post by MerrickBill »

I went to my first Buffett concert a couple years back. It was in San Diego and I had a great time. Tailgated all day and then to the train to the show. Problem is, Jimmy hasn't been back to SoCal since. Any chance we'll see him back here any time soon?

Bill
rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Whaddya think? SoCal this year?

Post by rich_big »

that was a March show and I think was thrown in as filler between some others. seems the closest we get is Vegas. plan on doing Vegas, its a blast....
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by MerrickBill »

Rich,

Thanks for responding. I haven't gone to a Vegas show because tailgating is an important part of the experience for me. From what I understand all the pre-show activities in Vegas are in bars. That's just not as interesting to me.

Bill
Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

Rich sums it up pretty well. Irvine is pretty much kaput, and for some reason, Jimmy won't or can't get it worked out to play Chula Vista's great amphitheatre south of downtown SD. :-?
I've done Vegas every which way now, and no longer care to make it out there that late in the year.

It's frustrating that he's kinda abandoned one of the core audiences that really helped create his legend...
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!