Who's going to West Palm Beach, April 26, 2014?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Who's going to West Palm Beach, April 26, 2014?

Post by lime rickie »

BottleofRum wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:http://theislandergrillandtikibar.com/

this could be a cool place to hang...during the day
Pat and I are up for anything. Just looking for a good Parrot Head crowd and we will roll.
WPB is pretty upscale , finding a PH crowd could be a challenge ( I just know were the upscale strip bars are..lol)....but, I'm sure we will find something.

That's good because if one thing is certain it's Jon is upscale to the bone.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

rluvbeach
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: one particular harbor
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: corona lite with a lime

Post by rluvbeach »

if you're coming from out of town next week for the show, you might want to check out the Delray Affair, which is billed as the largest arts and crafts show in the southeast (also lots of food, beer local music and tons of other stuff), it runs along atlantic ave. near us1 friday saturday and sunday.

If you're staying longer, Springsteen is in town tuesday april 29, i was able to get half price tickets in the nosebleed section for $31 ea (no fees tax or shipping charges) on stubhub.

please spend alot of money while you're here....florida is almost broke, thank you
capnbobby
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Bacardi 8 anos

Post by capnbobby »

MM 9!

Fins Up!
Cap'n Bobby
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

rluvbeach wrote:if you're coming from out of town next week for the show, you might want to check out the Delray Affair, which is billed as the largest arts and crafts show in the southeast (also lots of food, beer local music and tons of other stuff), it runs along atlantic ave. near us1 friday saturday and sunday.

If you're staying longer, Springsteen is in town tuesday april 29, i was able to get half price tickets in the nosebleed section for $31 ea (no fees tax or shipping charges) on stubhub.

please spend alot of money while you're here....florida is almost broke, thank you

We don't leave until Monday. I think on Sunday we are heading south though.

And you couldn't pay me enough to sit through one Springsteen song let alone a whole concert. [smilie=zzz.gif]
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote:
rluvbeach wrote:if you're coming from out of town next week for the show, you might want to check out the Delray Affair, which is billed as the largest arts and crafts show in the southeast (also lots of food, beer local music and tons of other stuff), it runs along atlantic ave. near us1 friday saturday and sunday.

We don't leave until Monday. I think on Sunday we are heading south though.

And you couldn't pay me enough to sit through one Springsteen song let alone a whole concert. [smilie=zzz.gif]
Thank god Jimmy Buffett has never done a ridiculously horrible cover of any of Bruce's songs. That would be embarrassing.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
capnbobby

Post by capnbobby »

Actually, JB has covered the Boss. I believe it was the Year of Still Here tour that toward the end of the Chicago show JB covered "Glory Days." Like Larry, I don't go to a Buffett show hoping to hear a Springsteen cover.

Fins Up, Guys!
Cap'n Bobby
RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

8 Days and counting!!

I liked Bubba's version of Glory Days.
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

capnbobby wrote:Actually, JB has covered the Boss. I believe it was the Year of Still Here tour that toward the end of the Chicago show JB covered "Glory Days." Like Larry, I don't go to a Buffett show hoping to hear a Springsteen cover.

Fins Up, Guys!
Cap'n Bobby

I'm not one to explain jokes but Jon was joking. We have sat through Jimmy's Glory Days hatched job too many times.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote:
capnbobby wrote:Actually, JB has covered the Boss. I believe it was the Year of Still Here tour that toward the end of the Chicago show JB covered "Glory Days." Like Larry, I don't go to a Buffett show hoping to hear a Springsteen cover.

Fins Up, Guys!
Cap'n Bobby

I'm not one to explain jokes but Jon was joking. We have sat through Jimmy's Glory Days hatched job too many times.
WPB is going to be your 100th Buffett show , didn't know you saw him that many times. Yes , Jimmy should stay away from Springsteen songs , the same with Springsteen trying to sing Margaritaville , it just doesn't work.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

I have no idea how many times I have seen him. That number has been at 99 for many year's I don't even remember putting that there. My first show was in 1991 when I was 17 and I have seen him at least once a year since then with a lot of years having attending a great number of concerts. It's prob less than 99 though, more like in the 50 -ish range but who knows.
capnbobby

Post by capnbobby »

MM 7!

Fins Up,
Cap'n Bobby
capnbobby

Post by capnbobby »

Premier parking ticket arrived yesterday. They were postmarked 4/15. Tickets printed out, parking ticket in hand, all we need now is a show, week from today. Getting excited! I'm on spring break currently. The Buffett show will culminate the break for me. What a great culmination!

Fins Up!
Cap'n Bobby
capnbobby

Post by capnbobby »

MM 6!

Fins Up,
Cap'n Bobby
capnbobby

Post by capnbobby »

MM 5!

Fins Up,
Cap'n Bobby
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

http://www.bananaboatboynton.com/directions.html

another Friday night possibility , someone told me about this place today.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

another place , I've actually been here a couple of times , it's in Delray Beach
http://www.bostonsonthebeach.com/
maufro
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: Life Is Just a Tire Swing
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: K1

Post by maufro »

Along the same lines as the Banana Boat in Boynton but more of a bar on a bigger stretch of water is the Key Line House in Lanatana. Usually a live band on weekends. It's also closer than Boynton by a little and certainly Delray.

We're undecided at the moment on what we will be available to do based on something unplanned that needs our immediate attention.
"Integrity is the essence of everything successful"
R. Buckminster Fuller
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

maufro wrote:Along the same lines as the Banana Boat in Boynton but more of a bar on a bigger stretch of water is the Key Line House in Lanatana. Usually a live band on weekends. It's also closer than Boynton by a little and certainly Delray.

We're undecided at the moment on what we will be available to do based on something unplanned that needs our immediate attention.

The Old Key Lime House was the place I was going to say we should do our Friday night thing. If someone else has a different option, let me know. As for Saturday, I called the venue today, and they told me lots open at 4. The local PHC is saying they can get in at 12. this club is not that big, so I would be surprised if they were the only ones allowed in at that time. I say we meet at 12 and plan on rolling into the lots. If they turn us away, I think we could find a place to have fun until they let us in!!!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
Finsupinfla
Hoot!

Post by Finsupinfla »

maufro wrote:Along the same lines as the Banana Boat in Boynton but more of a bar on a bigger stretch of water is the Key Line House in Lanatana. Usually a live band on weekends. It's also closer than Boynton by a little and certainly Delray.

The Old Key Lime House was the place I was going to say we should do our Friday night thing. If someone else has a different option, let me know. As for Saturday, I called the venue today, and they told me lots open at 4. The local PHC is saying they can get in at 12. this club is not that big, so I would be surprised if they were the only ones allowed in at that time. I say we meet at 12 and plan on rolling into the lots. If they turn us away, I think we could find a place to have fun until they let us in!!!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
Finsupinfla
Hoot!

Post by Finsupinfla »

ImageImage
All my girls!!!