Who's going to the D (Detroit) July 26th?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

BPinMI
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: he went to paris
Number of Concerts: 20

Re: Who's going to the D (Detroit) July 26th?

Post by BPinMI »

We weren't planning on going since we've already seen him once this summer and we're not too fond of the Comerica scene for JB but the wife scored tickets from work. Tailgating is hit or miss with it being chopped up into so many small lots. 2 years ago we had a great spot in one of the lots along Elizabeth. Surrounded by great Parrotheads and had a great tailgate. Last year we went to the same lot. We were the first one's there yet but the attendant told us they didn't allow any tailgating items like tables, chairs, tents etc so we went to a different lot. We ended up being surrounded by a bunch of college guys from a Frat who were only there to prove how big of DB's they could be. To pour salt in the wound the original lot we wanted ended up being filled with tailgaters so we could have just gone there.
We'll be getting down there around 10am. Not sure exactly where we'll be set up yet. Last 2 years we got down there around 9am, but this year we're going to wait a while longer to hopefully set up next to a better crowd.
Here's our set up...stop by for a shot if you see us.
Attachments
1002708_10151661976655782_1698646869_n.jpg
1002708_10151661976655782_1698646869_n.jpg (148.38 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
1075706_10151706888995782_1118117567_n.jpg
1075706_10151706888995782_1118117567_n.jpg (123.76 KiB) Viewed 3795 times
Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

Which was the fun lot? For the Elizabeth street lots, I would guess Lot I because the port a pot is there.

Our rough plan, depending on the virgins, is to go down around 1-ish, but we're waiting to hear back from them. We may just end up in DH's work lot and no tailgate at all.
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Coconuts wrote:Which was the fun lot? For the Elizabeth street lots, I would guess Lot I because the port a pot is there.

Our rough plan, depending on the virgins, is to go down around 1-ish, but we're waiting to hear back from them. We may just end up in DH's work lot and no tailgate at all.
Aw C'mon!! :-? :(
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
BPinMI
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: he went to paris
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by BPinMI »

It was the lot on Elizabeth between Park and Clifford, the one with the yellow guard shack.

Last year we were in the lot right along Cass just north of Elizabeth.

Coconuts wrote:Which was the fun lot? For the Elizabeth street lots, I would guess Lot I because the port a pot is there.

Coconuts
Behind Door #3

Post by Coconuts »

It depends on when they're free (they don't know how late they have their niece). If it's going to be 4 before we get down there, that's just enough time to drag everything out of the car, get settled, have a drink, then put everything back in the car. Wandering the lot with my Bubba Keg for two hours sounds much better to me.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

ParrotheadCMC wrote:LIPH- were you on JD back in the day? We're still trying to decide on when to go in, LOL. My husband wants to see Fohgerty but I'm not sold, and he's not too excited to shut down the tailgate early too, LOL.
If JD was Jimmy Dreamz, yes.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Dr.Corona wrote:
CheeseHead in Paradise! wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:
Sorry for the run of bad luck but hang in there Jason. If you decide you still want to cruise down your welcome to join our tailgate. Should be downtown by 1:30-2:00.
Michigan State & Michigan fans partying together in peaceful harmony??? The power of Parrotheadism never ceases to amaze! :lol:

Have fun this weekend, Ken!
Don't jinx it John! Thanks for the well wishes!
Guess after this one I'll have to start plotting Alpine strategy................ [smilie=whistle.gif]

Thanks for the invite. Might get my sister to go. The Tigers downtown have new buffett shirts on again. Also olympia is warning people to get downtown early because "other events are going on". Not sure what those are but i think it means parking will be at a premium. The say doors open at 6pm now.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
RTS
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by RTS »

Greetings all,
New poster here.
We have 7 of us going to Comerica on Sat, looking forward to a great time. For most of us it'll be first-time.

Found a great map of parking:
http://olympiaentertainment.s3.amazonaw ... ingMap.pdf

Looking to see where the good tailgating will be, any suggestions?

Worked on building our first portable TIKI hut last weekend, should be interesting.
Expecting coconut bras and grass skirts to be delivered on Thursday.
Hoping there's no rain...
Driving from East Lansing, GO GREEN!

Thanks
RTS
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Still looking for a potentially electric moment Saturday night. With James Taylor doing Cleveland Friday night, having Saturday night off & playing the D on Sunday, I hate to say it but I will disappointed if he doesn't find his way to the stage with Jimmy to play Mexico......or any other tune they may choose.

Camera buffs keep em handy. Who knows, may get a Fogerty/Buffett/Taylor group shot live on stage! 8) 8)
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

Moe & I will be there! We'll see some of you at the DPHC party Friday night and hope to see the rest of you at the 'tailgate' Saturday. Looking forward to seeing 'The Usual Suspects' as well as meeting some new folks.

Woo-hoo!! :D

RTS, welcome to BuffettNews.
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

Coconuts
Behind Door #3

Post by Coconuts »

Martyritaville wrote:Moe & I will be there! We'll see some of you at the DPHC party Friday night and hope to see the rest of you at the 'tailgate' Saturday. Looking forward to seeing 'The Usual Suspects' as well as meeting some new folks.

Yay!!
Big Phan
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine

Post by Big Phan »

Dr. Corona - thanks for the discount codes! I was able to get lower level tickets for $23 (including fees). Unbelievable!

RTS - thank you for posting a link to the parking map!

We'll be there with another couple and their two kids - none of whom have ever been to a Buffett concert. It's always fun watching first-timers take in the tailgate. :D

We hope to arrive early- to mid-afternoon to tailgate a little, grab a bite to eat at a local bar, and head in to Comerica in time to hear all of Fogerty's set. I'm very excited for that!

Hope to see some BNers on Saturday!
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

Big Phan wrote:Dr. Corona - thanks for the discount codes! I was able to get lower level tickets for $23 (including fees). Unbelievable!

We'll be there with another couple and their two kids - none of whom have ever been to a Buffett concert. It's always fun watching first-timers take in the tailgate. :D

We hope to arrive early- to mid-afternoon to tailgate a little, grab a bite to eat at a local bar, and head in to Comerica in time to hear all of Fogerty's set. I'm very excited for that!

More loose friends? :o

Lisa, how the heck did I not know you were going to this? :lol: :lol:
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

Coconuts wrote:
Martyritaville wrote:Moe & I will be there! We'll see some of you at the DPHC party Friday night and hope to see the rest of you at the 'tailgate' Saturday. Looking forward to seeing 'The Usual Suspects' as well as meeting some new folks.

Yay!!
Can't wait to hug ya!

:D :D :D
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray

Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Big Phan wrote:Dr. Corona - thanks for the discount codes! I was able to get lower level tickets for $23 (including fees). Unbelievable!

That's the mind-blowing part.....fees per ticket are usually 1/3 or 1/4 of that total price.
We'll be in section 137....where you at?
Big Phan

Post by Big Phan »

Martyritaville wrote:
More loose friends? :o
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Martyritaville wrote:Lisa, how the heck did I not know you were going to this? :lol: :lol:
We just decided to go yesterday when I saw the tickets were so 'reasonably priced'. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

On the other hand, maybe I'm stalking you... [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :lol:
Big Phan

Post by Big Phan »

Dr.Corona wrote:
That's the mind-blowing part.....fees per ticket are usually 1/3 or 1/4 of that total price.
Section 133 :D

P.S. I hope you're right about James Taylor showing up! That would be too awesome.
Coconuts
Behind Door #3

Post by Coconuts »

Big Phan wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:
Section 133 :D

P.S. I hope you're right about James Taylor showing up! That would be too awesome.
Even more yays!

I got curious and checked on Monday- the fees for the yellow section ($129) tickets were 23.96, plus $5 per order before any printing fees.

ETA- Cafe Bucharest on Park has great shawarma. I don't think they have any alcohol, but you can call in the order, run across the street for it, and bring it back to the tailgate.

I think the good lot mentioned was Lot E.
Big Phan

Post by Big Phan »

Coconuts wrote: Even more yays!

I got curious and checked on Monday- the fees for the yellow section ($129) tickets were 23.96, plus $5 per order before any printing fees.

ETA- Cafe Bucharest on Park has great shawarma. I don't think they have any alcohol, but you can call in the order, run across the street for it, and bring it back to the tailgate.

I think the good lot mentioned was Lot E.
Yes!!! :D Do you still have that adorable short haircut?!

The pink section (section 133) was originally $89 and yesterday they were $17.25 plus $5 per ticket fee and the $5 per order processing fee. Our friends are taking their family of four for under $100. :o They're not great seats, but we're in the house. 8)

I did find online that WOMC is going to have a beach party between lots 1 & 2.

This is going to be fun!!
Coconuts
Behind Door #3

Post by Coconuts »

It's actually circled back around- I grew it out for a couple of years and cut it 2 weeks ago. It's a very 80s asymmetrical short thing now.