Who's Going to the Labor Day Weekend Show @ Hershey Park?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

The Five O'clock Parrott
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Man Standing has a lot meaning right now.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice

Re: Who's Going to the Labor Day Weekend Show @ Hershey Park?

Post by The Five O'clock Parrott »

Short of an near altercation on Saturday night because we were the only one's standing in out section it was OK. Sat on my a@# at ZBB to not p*** of the locals. :roll:

If this is the end it was a poor showing. I'm glad I have GW to remember for this tour.
Mitch

Beach House on the Mountain, Stowe VT, August 6th, 2011
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:Short of an near altercation on Saturday night because we were the only one's standing in out section it was OK. Sat on my a@# at ZBB to not p*** of the locals. :roll:

If this is the end it was a poor showing. I'm glad I have GW to remember for this tour.
Mitch, I just love your sig photo. :D
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:Short of an near altercation on Saturday night because we were the only one's standing in out section it was OK. Sat on my a@# at ZBB to not p*** of the locals. :roll:

I'm glad you didn't end up in chocolate jail. :P

Debbie
The Five O'clock Parrott

dnw wrote:

Not as much as Bets! ;)
Mitch

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
dnw wrote:

Not as much as Bets! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Debbie
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I know some of you went back for Zac Brown on Sunday. How was it?
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

The ugly...ok, any one of you that went, has to admit the parking attendants! They didn't know what to do with this big crowd on the way in...or the way out. That left a lot to be desired. I also heard a lot of grumbling that parrotheads, in general, were not treated well. Their loss, and we proved to be the better people!

The bad...I will admit, I am one of the people complaining about the set list. JB didn't need to play 5 o'clock since he just played it with Alan. Take that out and add in Boats to Build or Pirate. And I am pretty sure Al had something to do with the rain picking up when ZBB started playing Free/Into the Mystic. Even he was upset.

The good...this list gets reallllly long.

SL..I might gripe about the list but thank you for grabbing both shows on Saturday. Seeing JB come out with Alan was really awesome. And I didn't realize how many of AJ's songs I like. I can't wait to download it!

The crowd...sorry Mitch. From where I was sitting, the crowd was having a great time. Watching Fins with Tiffany and the Gegg's, gave me an awesome view!

All the friends that made the trek...you guys are truly awesome. That is why I make treks like this. And yes, I might even do JB@JB next year. It was special, looking at all the NE plates together, as well as VA and NJ...amongst all the PA plates. You guys are awesome!!! I love it when we all get together, and no matter where we are, it feels like home! And thank you to Garry and Larry making the trip as well. Garry and SP...it was great meeting you guys for the first time and crossing you two off my BN Buckett List. I am just sorry that I wasn't able to spend more time with you two!

Debbie...always awesome to see you, and thank you for taking care of my CD for me. You are also added to the list of people I wish I could have spent more time with but I am kicking around Phili in the back of my head for April.

Timmy and Anna...thanks for coming to Troeg's...I always like a good coming out party! And thanks for opening your house to all of us to meet up. IMHO, it was the perfect way to do it, and you ROCKED at keep everyone in line! I under estimated the amount of cars that you had to take care of, when the whole planning process started. It was so nice to actually be able to use your real bathroom, thanks for not only leaving the light on but actually leaving the door unlocked as well.

Steve and Diane...thank you so much for throwing the pre-tailgate party! I know it was a little stressful having some new peeps added to the list. I did have to go in and give Jake some crap a couple of times. And Steve, I will eat your pulled pork every time you serve it...that was awesome! Also thank you, for working hard to keep things organized for the tailgate!

Linda, Kevin and Andrea....I love you guys!!! I think back to the first Parrotfest, and you let a pretty much a total stranger stay at your house. A few years later, I know the secret handshake to get into the house....and I know where the beer fridge is. :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you 3 for being the awesome people that you are! When it comes right down to it...I can gripe about any number of things this weekend, but the good certainly, outweigh the bad. Will all the crap and uncertainty that is going on right now, I knew once I passed over the Delaware River, I was in my happy place!
Last edited by tigzoe on September 2, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe »

Sorry...was writing my book. The show started 25 minutes late, and I think ZBB did the best he could to help please everyone. I thought that the Kashmir and Devil were shortened, but I kept going down to get more water since the humidity was killing me. When the radar looked questionable, he took an intermission. Since I hadn't seen him lately, I don't know if this was planned or unplanned. But he came out playing "Let It Rain" which cracked me up.

I had hoped JB would still be around to see one song with him...which he obviously didn't, which was disappointing. I also figured Blue Traveler would come on right before ZBB, but they were apparently the opener. I didn't care for the trombone player, even though he was good, he wasn't my kind of music. They played Goodbye In Her Eyes, which is the one song I wanted to hear. I also wanted a drum solo from Daniel de Los Reyes...because he kicks butt. I think if the band would have had the extra 25 minutes, it would have been much better.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
RideROne
I have found me a home

Post by RideROne »

It seems most were unhappy with this venue, this was my first show at Hershey, most have been Camden/CPB, so that's all I'm comparing it to. I also did the park before the show (due to an illness I haven't been able to fully shake), but parked in the furthest tailgate lot from the stadium. I have to say, from a tailgating perspective, having every lot side by side was nice, everything seemed very organized getting in and out, parking was 10$ compared to $20 or more elsewhere, and they handed out a trash bag and recycle bag to each car. I have to say, the lots were for the most part very clean walking back after the show. (If "John" happens to be a member here, I hope your head and nose are better. I helped get a slightly under the weather, individual back to the EMT tent after a slight tumble down from the paved road to the stone road in the last lot)

As for the show, we had close seats and I have to say I was impressed that the crowd all seemed to be into it. I've had close seats before, and they've been mostly suits that know 2-3 songs, leave early and get p*** when people stand. I would see Jimmy here again before going back to Philly area shows again. Keeping in mind Philly is 30 minutes from me and Hershey is 2 hours from me.

My only complaint was the beer lines, geez were they long and slow. :pirate:
Attachments
IMG_1431.JPG
IMG_1431.JPG (94.74 KiB) Viewed 3558 times
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG (82.28 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
PIRATE eh
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older but not Up
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry & Cola

Post by PIRATE eh »

rumdrinks wrote:Personally, I was pretty disappointed that we only got 21 songs, but I was expecting that with 3 acts on the card.
Thought the tailgating was excellent. Met some great neighbors from Canada, so thank you Judy and Tony.
Only way I would go back to Hershey is with much better seats. Sat too far back and the crowd back there wasn't too in to it. Not at all like the lawn people.
Overall, still a great day.
We enjoyed meeting you also! Didn't even think to ask about a BN connection. Our seats were good for both nights and surprisingly more sitters for Jimmy than Zac. Biggest shock was no Pirate Looks..... 1st time ever for me. I guess show #13 wasn't lucky.
Favorite Buffett Song: This week? Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by chadd »

The parking situation was a disaster. I live 10 miles from the stadium and didn't get home until almost midnight. We were in the Orange lot and sat without moving for more than 45 minutes because of the way they were directing traffic. Fortunately, I have a 4wd and was able to make my own exit from the orange lot. I've actually gotten home from Camden faster than I got home from Hershey.
OtisGudlyfe
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40 - cuz I done a little smugglin'
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita...or maybe Jack and Coke...maybe beer...

Post by OtisGudlyfe »

I thought the tailgating was topshelf...but I ended up next to Big John's Tiki Bar, so that's gotta be a plus. The security was very laid back. We waited almost an hour before we tried to leave the lot and it took us almost another hour to get to a road.
The show did leave something to be desired....unless you're a big AJ fan. I like him, but we came to see Jimmy. I figured AJ would be more of an opening act...you know 3 or 4 songs....but this appeared to be an equal billing thing. I agree, we didn't need to hear 5 O'clock again.
We were the only "standers" in our area too....got some grief from a guy behind us. He left about 5 minutes later and we stood back up.
It was Lyvina's first Buffett show and tailgate. She was really impressed by the people, the party, the sound and the music.
All in all, I'd give it 7 out of 10. She gives it 9.
- the walls that won't come down
We can decorate or climb
Or find some way to get around
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

As a general opinion, not a criticism, and I don't mean it to seem like I'm responding to Otis since he posted right before this. I have seen several people posting here and on Facebook about standing when others weren't.

I feel like it's rude to be the only ones standing. I get that it's more fun to stand and I usually prefer to. But, if everyone in front of me is sitting and the people behind me are or clearly want to be sitting, I sit. I'm not going to impede the view of many people behind me just because I can. To me, it's common courtesy to go with the majority. If you can't see because the person in front of you is standing, then stand. If pretty much everyone is sitting and you can see if you do too, then do.

It sucks when the crowd isn't into it enough to be up on their feet, but when in Rome...
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
OtisGudlyfe
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40 - cuz I done a little smugglin'
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita...or maybe Jack and Coke...maybe beer...

Post by OtisGudlyfe »

FunkHouse9 wrote:As a general opinion, not a criticism, and I don't mean it to seem like I'm responding to Otis since he posted right before this. I have seen several people posting here and on Facebook about standing when others weren't.

I feel like it's rude to be the only ones standing. I get that it's more fun to stand and I usually prefer to. But, if everyone in front of me is sitting and the people behind me are or clearly want to be sitting, I sit. I'm not going to impede the view of many people behind me just because I can. To me, it's common courtesy to go with the majority. If you can't see because the person in front of you is standing, then stand. If pretty much everyone is sitting and you can see if you do too, then do.

It sucks when the crowd isn't into it enough to be up on their feet, but when in Rome...
But this ain't Rome....it's Margaritaville!!!! So the question is, "Were we on their turf or were they on ours?"
Anyway, we sat until he left....peace, love, tequila and lime.
- the walls that won't come down
We can decorate or climb
Or find some way to get around
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

OtisGudlyfe wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:As a general opinion, not a criticism, and I don't mean it to seem like I'm responding to Otis since he posted right before this. I have seen several people posting here and on Facebook about standing when others weren't.

But this ain't Rome....it's Margaritaville!!!! So the question is, "Were we on their turf or were they on ours?"
I was at The Who a year or two ago. The couple in front of me was standing, so I did too. Otherwise I couldn't see anything. I was a good sport about it although I'd have been fine sitting after a long day. The woman behind me repeatedly put her hands on my shoulders and tried to push me down into my seat. There had never been any "please sit down" or anything like that. At first I ignored it. Then I was polite but irritated about it, explaining that if she wants to tell the guy in front of me to sit, then I will too. Then it turned into a big scene. Meanwhile, the people in front of me couldn't have cared less that they were the catalysts for it all. They were going to stand and screw everyone sitting behind them.

rumdrinks
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: How can you pick just one ?
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: all of them

Post by rumdrinks »

As much as I want to stand for the whole show, I do take into account the people around me (reluctantly).
If they are all sitting, then I sit. But for the life of me, how can you sit. It's a Buffett concert for crying out loud.
Rum. Helping ugly people have sex since 1762.
The Five O'clock Parrott

FunkHouse9 wrote:
OtisGudlyfe wrote:

I was at The Who a year or two ago. The couple in front of me was standing, so I did too. Otherwise I couldn't see anything. I was a good sport about it although I'd have been fine sitting after a long day. The woman behind me repeatedly put her hands on my shoulders and tried to push me down into my seat. There had never been any "please sit down" or anything like that. At first I ignored it. Then I was polite but irritated about it, explaining that if she wants to tell the guy in front of me to sit, then I will too. Then it turned into a big scene. Meanwhile, the people in front of me couldn't have cared less that they were the catalysts for it all. They were going to stand and screw everyone sitting behind them.

Well I guess we'll agree to disagree and I'm probably a rude nasty disagreeable SOB. I stood until it got the point of an altercation and my smarter ha;f pulled me out. There are shows you sit at and Buffett is not one of them. I've been to a handful of ZBB shows in the last two years and this is the first one I had to sit. It's funny a venue like Meadowbrook in Guilford, NH that gets good acts encourages you stand to the point to the point in on their website they basically tell you not to complain about it. The funny thing is most other sections both nights were standing just not mine. If I wanted to sit I'd go to a cello concerto!
Mitch

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by tigzoe »

With my feet, I have an issue with standing a lot. Right now, I am still trying to heal a blister that ruptured. I love it when people stand and are having a great time. I will be one of the last people to tell anyone to sit down at a show. I am there to listen to music in a way that it was intended to be listened to. Not with earbuds...but live and people having fun!
irshfiregrl
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila

Post by irshfiregrl »

I guess I am in the minority about most of the things that occurred last weekend.

We were in the RV lot (white lot). The parking lot cop was awesome! He let us set up how we wanted and never gave us any grief. We had great people all around us (that later recognized me at ZBB as the "shot ski lady").
We were seated on the floor, so everyone was up dancing and singing the whole show.
I thought the venue was well organized/clean/staff personable. would I pay $9 for a landshark?? No way ;)
Yeah the setlist was a disappointment - but so have lots of shows this tour. The actual setlist from the stage had Pirate/knees of my heart & something else I can't recall - I gave the setlist to my virgin.

As for a Festival show - I wouldn't do it again. That's on me though since I really don't care for country music. I didn't like Alan Jackson and I can take or leave ZBB. Please this is not a comment to start a musical holy war about Jimmy having country roots.

I had a fabulous weekend of music, camping, site seeing & friends. I would call it a success.
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

irshfiregrl wrote:I guess I am in the minority about most of the things that occurred last weekend.

We were in the RV lot (white lot). The parking lot cop was awesome! He let us set up how we wanted and never gave us any grief. We had great people all around us (that later recognized me at ZBB as the "shot ski lady").
We were seated on the floor, so everyone was up dancing and singing the whole show.
I thought the venue was well organized/clean/staff personable. would I pay $9 for a landshark?? No way ;)
Yeah the setlist was a disappointment - but so have lots of shows this tour. The actual setlist from the stage had Pirate/knees of my heart & something else I can't recall - I gave the setlist to my virgin.

As for a Festival show - I wouldn't do it again. That's on me though since I really don't care for country music. I didn't like Alan Jackson and I can take or leave ZBB. Please this is not a comment to start a musical holy war about Jimmy having country roots.

I had a fabulous weekend of music, camping, site seeing & friends. I would call it a success.
Any chance your friend with the setlist would take a pic of it to post here? Would be curious to see what he changed on the fly.