SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: live by the bay

Post by SunLover »

Martyritaville wrote:
FinsUp6835 wrote:Sunlover,

You are the man and a tech genius!!!!! If we ever cross paths, the beers are on me! Thanks!!!!

Fins up!
Amen to that! Pretty soon I'm going to owe Sunlover as many beers as I drank at my last concert! :o

(You will NOT be thirsty) :lol:

Thanx, Sunlover!! [smilie=coolup.gif]
Thanks! :) I think I'm set for life on beers and cheeseburgers! :wink:
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

Watching it on the big screen via Chromecast; quality is great. Thanks again, SunLover, haven't seen this in forever, since I no longer have a functioning VCR.
More Doyle!
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

PeretHed66 wrote:Watching it on the big screen via Chromecast; quality is great. Thanks again, SunLover, haven't seen this in forever, since I no longer have a functioning VCR.
In contrast, I have 4 functioning VCR's.

SunLover indicated there might not be a copy of Tales from Margaritavision, so I'm converting it now. If a better copy comes along, I'm happy to let mine take a back seat. Until such time, hopefully it'll tide folks over.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
Nighthawk
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum with a splash of coke

Post by Nighthawk »

If anyone wants to buy a VHS copy.... I have one that has only been played a few times.... I would be willing to sell. Probably have a copy of that margaritaville vhs too only played a time or two.
Did you hear the one about me being a punk?
Did you hear the one about me being a drunk?
Did you hear the one about me losing my nerve?
Or how I'm just another f**** sheep in the herd?
Did you hear the one about me giving a s***?
Cause if I ever did I don't remember it.
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
PeretHed66 wrote:Watching it on the big screen via Chromecast; quality is great. Thanks again, SunLover, haven't seen this in forever, since I no longer have a functioning VCR.

SunLover indicated there might not be a copy of Tales from Margaritavision, so I'm converting it now. If a better copy comes along, I'm happy to let mine take a back seat. Until such time, hopefully it'll tide folks over.
I do have Tales already captured from VHS. I just need to check the format and convert to .mp4 like I did with LBTB.
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

SunLover wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:

I do have Tales already captured from VHS. I just need to check the format and convert to .mp4 like I did with LBTB.
Lol. Whoops! I got a PM from someone else and got myself confused on who the heck I was talking to. Middle age is catching up with me quickly!
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
coasterghost
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Too Many to count

Post by coasterghost »

SunLover wrote:
Martyritaville wrote:
FinsUp6835 wrote:Sunlover,

You are the man and a tech genius!!!!! If we ever cross paths, the beers are on me! Thanks!!!!

Fins up!
Amen to that! Pretty soon I'm going to owe Sunlover as many beers as I drank at my last concert! :o

(You will NOT be thirsty) :lol:

Thanx, Sunlover!! [smilie=coolup.gif]
Thanks! :) I think I'm set for life on beers and cheeseburgers! :wink:
SL I'll take some of the cheese burgers from ya :)
Humor has bailed me out of more tight situations than I can think of. If you go with your instincts and keep your humor, creativity follows. With luck, success comes, too. - Jimmy Buffett
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

Margaritavision is online now. Here's the info...

Tales From Margaritavision
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

Would anyone be kind enough to send me a DVD of LBTB please?

Thanks in advance!

Sandy
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Just watched this show. Man, it is awesome. Great energy, great sound, set list is awesome. I know they cut a lot of the songs. Most of the real gems. Jimmy needs to release the whole taping out to his phans. I'd be willing to pay for it.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
REEDMM
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by REEDMM »

Sunlover:
Thanks for LBTB and Margaritavision. I downloaded them to my computer using MEGA, which stored them as downloads on my hard drive.

What would I use to burn them to DVD's? Is there an easy way to put them on several DVD's in a neat manner? I have not burned DVD's off of my computer before.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks,

Reed
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

REEDMM wrote:Sunlover:
Thanks for LBTB and Margaritavision. I downloaded them to my computer using MEGA, which stored them as downloads on my hard drive.

What would I use to burn them to DVD's? Is there an easy way to put them on several DVD's in a neat manner? I have not burned DVD's off of my computer before.

Thanks,

Reed
I have created DVD images (see note below) for both LBTB and Margaritavision. You can download the DVD files from Mega, then easily burn them to DVD. I also made cover art for both the discs and CD style jewel boxes, if you want to print these as well.

Margaritavision DVD Folder (2.07GB)

Live By The Bay DVD Folder 3.75GB)

Simply download the entire folder contents of each DVD. Make sure you keep each DVD in its own folder. Don't combine the files! Next, open your DVD burner app (Nero, Roxio, etc) and set it up to create a new DVD video. It should create two folders for you: AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Drag all the files you downloaded from one show into the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder remains empty. Now you are ready to burn the DVD. Once you have made the first DVD, remove the files from the VIDEO_TS folder in your burner app. This does not delete them from your hard drive. Then drag the files of the other show into the VIDEO_TS folder to make the second DVD.

To print the jewel box label in the correct size, open the label in your web browser. Don't use Windows Photo Viewer as it will make the print too big. Set up the print page orientation to Landscape, then print.

Note: The DVD images are not ISO files. They are all the individual .vob, .bup, and .ifo files that make up the DVD structure.
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

SunLover wrote:
REEDMM wrote:Sunlover:

Thanks,

Reed
I have created DVD images (see note below) for both LBTB and Margaritavision. You can download the DVD files from Mega, then easily burn them to DVD. I also made cover art for both the discs and CD style jewel boxes, if you want to print these as well.

Margaritavision DVD Folder (2.07GB)

Live By The Bay DVD Folder 3.75GB)

Simply download the entire folder contents of each DVD. Make sure you keep each DVD in its own folder. Don't combine the files! Next, open your DVD burner app (Nero, Roxio, etc) and set it up to create a new DVD video. It should create two folders for you: AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Drag all the files you downloaded from one show into the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder remains empty. Now you are ready to burn the DVD. Once you have made the first DVD, remove the files from the VIDEO_TS folder in your burner app. This does not delete them from your hard drive. Then drag the files of the other show into the VIDEO_TS folder to make the second DVD.

To print the jewel box label in the correct size, open the label in your web browser. Don't use Windows Photo Viewer as it will make the print too big. Set up the print page orientation to Landscape, then print.

Note: The DVD images are not ISO files. They are all the individual .vob, .bup, and .ifo files that make up the DVD structure.
It's been said before, yet it needs to be said again - you're the man. I burned my own DVD's, but it was amateurish at best. Now I can do it right. If I ever run into you at a show, beers are on me, sir.
More Doyle!
Cincy'sOwnDrunk
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: hmmmmmm!
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Mich Ultra

Post by Cincy'sOwnDrunk »

What about the Austin City Limits shows?
Got to stop wishin', got to go fishin'......

boardkicker1015
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks, Southern Cross, Last Mango in Paris, Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Long Island Ice Tea

Post by boardkicker1015 »

This is way cool thanks...I will download it later...I have one more question...can this be ripped to just audio so I can listen to it at work...thanks
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

Cincy'sOwnDrunk wrote:What about the Austin City Limits shows?
Are you referring to the old ACL shows from 1976 and 1983? If so there is no known video for for the 1976 show, the 1983 might be available as it has been replayed on TV on a few occassions
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

boardkicker1015 wrote:This is way cool thanks...I will download it later...I have one more question...can this be ripped to just audio so I can listen to it at work...thanks
Yes, I can rip that to audio. I'll post here when those files are up.
daddymention
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season & Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Pizza Port Carlsbad- Poor Man's IPA & Zombies

Post by daddymention »

SunLover wrote:
boardkicker1015 wrote:This is way cool thanks...I will download it later...I have one more question...can this be ripped to just audio so I can listen to it at work...thanks
Yes, I can rip that to audio. I'll post here when those files are up.
I can't wait for the audio files...I'm glad you will do them. I would love to listen to this in the car....

Thank you again.
1ST CONCERT: SAT. AUG 6, 1988 - PACIFIC AMPHITHEATRE, COSTA MESA, CA - LOGE 11 SEC 2 ROW U SEAT 42 $20.35
SHOWS: DAVID-31, STEFANIA-27, SHANE-11, EMMA KATE-7
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
Cincy'sOwnDrunk
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: hmmmmmm!
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Mich Ultra

Post by Cincy'sOwnDrunk »

urlcenter wrote:
Cincy'sOwnDrunk wrote:What about the Austin City Limits shows?
Are you referring to the old ACL shows from 1976 and 1983? If so there is no known video for for the 1976 show, the 1983 might be available as it has been replayed on TV on a few occassions
Yes. Just wondering if anyone has either captured on VHS that could or have been converted. I would even take a copy of the VHS. I have never seen the first one and only a little bit of the second.
Got to stop wishin', got to go fishin'......

Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

I finally downloaded Live By The Bay and watched some of it.

For a little perspective, I turned 13 in 1985, and I remember the "outfits" we all wore all too vividly. I see that ol' JB didn't escape the 80's either.

It's funny how "orange" the video looks, and it was considered state of the art at that time. Our video and tv quality is so much better now. I guess we just didn't know any better.

Great job SunLover! This is a real treasure.

Edit: do you have audio files of this? It is actually quite better than "Feeding Frenzy" from that era!
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.