Who's going to Charlotte 4/23/16

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

BuffettRookie
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Who's going to Charlotte 4/23/16

Post by BuffettRookie »

Hello Buffett fans! I grew up listening to JB, and have had it on my bucket list to go to a show. I convinced a group to get tickets to go, and last minute everyone backed out prior to the opening date for ticket sales for Charlotte show. One friend stayed on, and neither one of us has been to a JB concert. I heard from veteran fans and read online about how tailgating prior to the show is a "must" to do a JB show right. Are there public tailgates? or tailgates where I can get (purchase even) my friend and I a ticket to attend prior to the show? I'm very ignorant of the situation and would love any advice, suggestion, or recommendation from dedicated parrot heads on here. We are flying in from the West so setting up our own will be difficult especially for two of us. But, we will have plenty of booze especially rum and beads to share!

-BuffettRookie (but working towards BuffettVet)
tgatorglass
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Captain and The Kid
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain Morgan Mojito

Post by tgatorglass »

fin fan - last we heard was that Lot F was going to open at about noon.. Figure we get in line early and force the gates.
Buffett Rookie - show up at Lot F and come join the party. We have plenty of food, chairs and jellos shots for an army! Find the gray truck with the flags flying at 20 feet and fin at 11 feet! Sorry, but flip flops are a requirement...LOL!!!
Final preparations are being made for the trip up from Central Florida - See you all there!
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

6!!!!!

Debbie
JbJoy
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by JbJoy »

Hi, so I have read there is only 1 lot that will be opening early for tailgating. Is that the VIP lot?
Thanks and see ya'll there! :wench:
tgatorglass
I have found me a home

Post by tgatorglass »

from what i can gather it is a regular Lot for regular people...so not really certain how the Parrotheads will fit in..Lot F is what we are being told.
Will hopefully try to make a drive by on Friday and chat about with someone at the Pavillion and make certain of which one and when.....
As CW McCall said years ago "Crashed the gate doing 88! Let them "Parrotheads" roll!"
Albert Einstein
fin fan
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Island
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by fin fan »

Thanks tgatorglass!!! Been 3 years since we've strolled the parking lots and danced on the lawn. Only been the Charlotte once. Great venue! So where exactly is lot F???
I wanna go back . . .
to the island

ImageImage
JbJoy
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by JbJoy »

Thanks, I bought a ticket for VIP parking but I'm not sure what that even means.
BuffettRookie
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday

Post by BuffettRookie »

tgatorglass wrote:fin fan - last we heard was that Lot F was going to open at about noon.. Figure we get in line early and force the gates.
Buffett Rookie - show up at Lot F and come join the party. We have plenty of food, chairs and jellos shots for an army! Find the gray truck with the flags flying at 20 feet and fin at 11 feet! Sorry, but flip flops are a requirement...LOL!!!
Final preparations are being made for the trip up from Central Florida - See you all there!
Thanks tgatorglass. What can we bring beside JB booze? Beach balls? Ping pong balls? haha. If you see a gal with a purple leis, boat shorts, and a fishing shirt oblivious to the description you described and looking lost --that's me! We got to determine starting time, my "fins!" 9 or 12 is a big difference. I'll do some digging myself.
tgatorglass
I have found me a home

Post by tgatorglass »

I have no idea where Lot F is at...I am coming up from Florida. Have a few people up there tell me about Lot F, as well as some of the folks in this post.
I have been told by some to go sit in line around 10 or so to try the gate, am thinking that maybe 11 will be the best time. An hour sitting in line having a bloody mary is never a bad idea!
Bring your choice of drink and come join the fun. This will be my 60th Buffett concert and right at 40 years since the first one. So a banner year!
Albert Einstein
sgtofmarines1775
Number of Concerts: 3

Charlotte Tailgate Lots and Times

Post by sgtofmarines1775 »

Hey all, I just called PNC Pavilion and was told that all lots will open at 4:00. Can anyone confirm whether there are any non-affiliated tailgate-friendly lots within walking distance that open earlier?
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

5!!!!!

Debbie
tgatorglass
I have found me a home

Post by tgatorglass »

4:00 please tell me that is AM! I know that many venues don't open until later with games and other artists, but this is different.
Most venues know when Buffett is in town that there needs to be some place for all the Parrottheads to gather.
Hoping for the best...
Albert Einstein
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

4!!!!!

Debbie
sgtofmarines1775

I wish it were 4:00 A.M., but nope - it's P.M. I'm hoping a Charlotte local can give us some insight as to whether there might be some private lots nearby to take advantage of. Anyone??
sgtofmarines1775

Just for confirmation: Someone asked on the PNC Pavilion facebook page what time the gates open for the Buffett show, and the venue's response was, "Parking lots open at 4pm - gates open at 5:30pm & the show starts at 7pm!" :(
tgatorglass
I have found me a home

Post by tgatorglass »

i have rooms at the Comfort Suites on Research Parkway about 4 miles down the road...If they don't open gates till 4PM then I will be firing up the grill in the parking lot there around 11:00 AM - damn the torpedo's and full ahead.....
Now all i have to do is keep a sober driver handy for the transfer!
Albert Einstein
Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Lostarlake »

I'm looking for 1 or 2 lawns, so please PM me if you have any extras at face value. Thanks and Fins Up!
12vWolf
Southeast of disorder

Post by 12vWolf »

PNC usually states that all lots open at 4pm. That was their answer two years when we called, but the Lot F that everyone is referring to was opened around noon. I certainly won't go on record as saying that will be the case again this year :D , but my guess they will have at least one lot opened before 4pm to avoid traffic issues and people tailgating on the side of the road.
tgatorglass
I have found me a home

Post by tgatorglass »

Well side of the road works for me for certain! Thanks everyone for all the information and we will see you there. My 60th concert and 40 years since the first. This will be one great double anniversary event!
Albert Einstein
be at the beach
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: mango daquiri

Post by be at the beach »

We were told Lot F will be opening around 1:00 this year. The official response is always that lots open at 4 but they will open Lot F early. This is the Lot that is across the street from the pavillion and where they normally park the RVs. This is the first lot on the left if you are coming from Hwy 49 on Pavillion Blvd.