Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ThommyO
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: December 17, 2015 10:22 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 24

Re:

Post by ThommyO » December 17, 2015 10:38 pm

CindaBee wrote:
parrothead216 wrote:
CindaBee wrote:Do any of you Ohio Parrotheads remember Jimmy playing in a small, indoor venue that was "in-the-round" near Cleveland? I SWEAR I remember seeing him in a show there, maybe the 80's? If I recall, he was going through some legal troubles with God's Own Drunk. Or did all that rum in the 80's warp my brain?
CindaBee,

We were there too! The Front Row Theather! In Highland Heights, Ohio!

It was February and it rained!!!!! Jimmy came out in a Yellow Rain Slicker

and it was just the "Beach Band" as they call it today! 1980 or 81!

So if it was the Rum warping brains, It warped Judy and mine tooo! :wink: :wink:
OH THANK YOU! I'm so glad I'm not delusional (about this anyway). :oops:
I was at this show too. Yep, Front Row Theater. It is gone now. I was looking all over the internet trying to find out when it was. I'm not positive of the year either. Jimmy walked down my row to get to the stage & I had a pregnant woman next to me so I didn't want to reach over to give him a five.
I do remember the rain & the Yellow slicker. I also remember it was just Jimmy, Micheal Utley & I believe Sam Clayton. Someone put a bottle of rum on the stage for him & he took that. I also remember he had a girl from the audience come up on stage & play guitar for one song with them. Yes he was going through the legal issues with God's Own Drunk, but I believe he showed the Lawyer's phone # to the crowd & then played it anyway.
I see this was posted quite awhile ago. Hopefully you get it.

palmettopirate
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 661
Joined: May 18, 2005 11:06 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea
Location: Charleston SC

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by palmettopirate » December 18, 2015 6:12 am

K-Mart parking lot Hiway 17 South Charleston SC. Forget remembering the year.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.

User avatar
dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 37792
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by dnw » December 18, 2015 8:09 am

palmettopirate wrote:K-Mart parking lot Hiway 17 South Charleston SC. Forget remembering the year.

For real?
Image


Debbie

palmettopirate
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 661
Joined: May 18, 2005 11:06 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea
Location: Charleston SC

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by palmettopirate » December 18, 2015 9:59 am

dnw wrote:
palmettopirate wrote:K-Mart parking lot Hiway 17 South Charleston SC. Forget remembering the year.

For real?
Yes ma'am.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21771
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by lime rickie » December 18, 2015 10:39 am

palmettopirate wrote:
dnw wrote:
palmettopirate wrote:K-Mart parking lot Hiway 17 South Charleston SC. Forget remembering the year.
For real?
Yes ma'am.
Love this. [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

User avatar
dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 37792
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by dnw » December 18, 2015 10:48 am

palmettopirate wrote:
dnw wrote:
palmettopirate wrote:K-Mart parking lot Hiway 17 South Charleston SC. Forget remembering the year.

For real?
Yes ma'am.

Awesome! Did you take a photo? :D
Image


Debbie

palmettopirate
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 661
Joined: May 18, 2005 11:06 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea
Location: Charleston SC

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by palmettopirate » December 18, 2015 1:25 pm

dnw wrote:
palmettopirate wrote:
dnw wrote:
palmettopirate wrote:K-Mart parking lot Hiway 17 South Charleston SC. Forget remembering the year.

For real?
Yes ma'am.

Awesome! Did you take a photo? :D
No. I guess it didn't seem important at the time.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21771
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by lime rickie » August 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Stumbled across this thread and it made me smile.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

Tbdbuckeyeitl
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 60
Joined: May 27, 2016 1:51 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin cup chalice
Number of Concerts: 25

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by Tbdbuckeyeitl » August 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Does anyone have pictures, audio, or video from the 1995 buckeye lake concert???

User avatar
Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 12079
Joined: May 5, 2010 11:14 am
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY
Location: "Amish" country, PA

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by Saltx3 » August 27, 2016 9:30 pm

lime rickie wrote:Stumbled across this thread and it made me smile.
Smiles and tears.....posts from folks no longer with us and from folks who have moved over to the "other side"....face book.....
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda


Image

User avatar
ASaltyPieceOfLand
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 86
Joined: June 17, 2016 2:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Brahma Fear
Number of Concerts: 26

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by ASaltyPieceOfLand » August 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Before he played Pine Knob near Detroit he played at Meadow Brook Ampitheatre, which is sort of near The Palace and even further away from Pine Knob.
Salt air it ain't thin...

User avatar
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27347
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by TommyBahama » August 28, 2016 8:09 pm

The Meadows in Hartford , CT .....Lake Compounce . Bristol , CT

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5749
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by Dr.Corona » August 29, 2016 8:28 am

ASaltyPieceOfLand wrote:Before he played Pine Knob near Detroit he played at Meadow Brook Ampitheatre, which is sort of near The Palace and even further away from Pine Knob.
Meadow Brook, Really? Never would have imagined that. Can remember when he did multiple dates at P.K. Of course I wasn't sophisticated enough at that time to GET JB! :pirate:
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

phfromprospertx
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 53
Joined: October 20, 2011 11:52 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: ... & rum
Contact:

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by phfromprospertx » August 29, 2016 5:27 pm

Help, please...

Reference
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87543&hilit=phfromprospertx

For "Amarillo: The Lost Show"

We're still hopeful of finding the answer...

User avatar
ASaltyPieceOfLand
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 86
Joined: June 17, 2016 2:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Brahma Fear
Number of Concerts: 26

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by ASaltyPieceOfLand » August 30, 2016 10:58 am

Dr.Corona wrote:
ASaltyPieceOfLand wrote:Before he played Pine Knob near Detroit he played at Meadow Brook Ampitheatre, which is sort of near The Palace and even further away from Pine Knob.
Meadow Brook, Really? Never would have imagined that. Can remember when he did multiple dates at P.K. Of course I wasn't sophisticated enough at that time to GET JB! :pirate:
It's a nice place. A much smaller ampitheatre than Pine Knob. Holds around 7700 people.
Salt air it ain't thin...

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5749
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by Dr.Corona » August 30, 2016 12:08 pm

ASaltyPieceOfLand wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:
ASaltyPieceOfLand wrote:Before he played Pine Knob near Detroit he played at Meadow Brook Ampitheatre, which is sort of near The Palace and even further away from Pine Knob.
Meadow Brook, Really? Never would have imagined that. Can remember when he did multiple dates at P.K. Of course I wasn't sophisticated enough at that time to GET JB! :pirate:
It's a nice place. A much smaller ampitheatre than Pine Knob. Holds around 7700 people.
Oh yes, have seen a number of shows there. Great intimate venue.
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

User avatar
davein
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 58
Joined: August 6, 2007 8:24 am
Favorite Buffett Song: False Echoes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum, lime, and coconut water

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by davein » August 31, 2016 10:21 pm

How about Margaritaville, Key West branch, before the move to duval Street? Arrrrgggg...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7xzllS7JtA

I have the t-shirt :->

Not related,but cool!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH_8sxJc-fE

65pacecar
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 41
Joined: July 21, 2016 1:16 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40, CIL-CIA, Captain and the Kid, Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 41
Favorite Boat Drink: Lemonade (Non Drinker)
Location: Lexington, KY

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by 65pacecar » September 6, 2016 12:16 pm

Timberwolf at Kings Island near Cincinnati was awesome.

wanderingtoes
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Posts: 741
Joined: March 17, 2002 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: When The Coast Is Clear
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita
Location: Gulf Coast

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by wanderingtoes » September 14, 2016 9:21 pm

In the early 2000's I think, I had an idea (not sure at all just a hope really) that JB might be performing at Margaritaville in New Orleans. So my wife and I got it together with the idea it would be a fun day either way. We were in line with a group of people we just met, starting out with maybe 10 and growing as the day went forward. Everyone asking the same question, is he or is he not playing? I got some confirmation from the manager in a round about way, where he could keep his job, that he was playing. So that was the energy boost we needed to prevail in the heat, we all kept it quiet. Then mid afternoon the black SUV's showed up for sound check, here comes JB walking by smiling to see his fans already waiting. We listened to the sound check and then later the Manager came out and said ok we are going to get you guys inside. By that time there was probably more than 500 waiting not everyone got in maybe 250. We were so close we could hear the banter among the Band and JB, plus he was conversing with us a little and very happy. It was a great couple of hours and we all knew it would never be better with Jimmy than that night. Having seen him 26 times, that was always a very warm memory. A few years later, without warning my wife passed away, and I was happy to have shared many great moments with her, and that was always our favorite Buffett moment. Also unknown to all of us inside, the crowd outside was over 5,000 and the traffic jam was a nightmare, but in side we were nibbling on sponge cake :)!
"I've got a School Boy Heart"

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21771
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Older Buffett Concert Locations.....

Post by lime rickie » September 15, 2016 6:04 am

wanderingtoes wrote:In the early 2000's I think, I had an idea (not sure at all just a hope really) that JB might be performing at Margaritaville in New Orleans. So my wife and I got it together with the idea it would be a fun day either way. We were in line with a group of people we just met, starting out with maybe 10 and growing as the day went forward. Everyone asking the same question, is he or is he not playing? I got some confirmation from the manager in a round about way, where he could keep his job, that he was playing. So that was the energy boost we needed to prevail in the heat, we all kept it quiet. Then mid afternoon the black SUV's showed up for sound check, here comes JB walking by smiling to see his fans already waiting. We listened to the sound check and then later the Manager came out and said ok we are going to get you guys inside. By that time there was probably more than 500 waiting not everyone got in maybe 250. We were so close we could hear the banter among the Band and JB, plus he was conversing with us a little and very happy. It was a great couple of hours and we all knew it would never be better with Jimmy than that night. Having seen him 26 times, that was always a very warm memory. A few years later, without warning my wife passed away, and I was happy to have shared many great moments with her, and that was always our favorite Buffett moment. Also unknown to all of us inside, the crowd outside was over 5,000 and the traffic jam was a nightmare, but in side we were nibbling on sponge cake :)!
Love this! Thanks for sharing. :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

Post Reply