Moderator: SMLCHNG

Corona1
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At Forty
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita or Rum + Anything

Who's Going to Irvine 10/22

Post by Corona1 »

I'm looking for some help and suggestions! Bringing a small group to Irvine from all over the country and Canada, nobody living in California. Booked hotel rooms at a Courtyard Hotel near the concert. Can anybody give me suggestions for the parking lot? What time do they start allowing people into the parking lots? Can't really plan our usual tailgate, won't have a BBQ etc., any suggestions for food? Group arriving on Friday, we will need to do some quick shopping on Saturday morning (liquor, beer, more beer, snacks....), maybe some take out hot food we could pack in a cooler, any suggestions? :D
ph4life
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 15

Re: Who's Going to Irvine 10/22

Post by ph4life »

I'll be there with my wife, and possibly tailgating with my sister, bro-law, and a big group of their friends. Not sure when the parking lot opens, but in the past it's been posted as not opening until 3pm. Of course, thousands show up before then and they're forced to let people in. We might bring a small charcoal grill to cook some cheeseburgers on. 92 days and counting! Seats in section 12, row BBB

Corona - If you want to bring food to grill, I'm sure you can make friends with your neighbors and ask if they have some open grill space. I've done that before. Bribe them with a few beers or shots.
We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't
be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some whore he picked up in
town.

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
TheSecretsInTheCrust
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: California Promises
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain & Coke

Post by TheSecretsInTheCrust »

Corona1 wrote:I'm looking for some help and suggestions! Bringing a small group to Irvine from all over the country and Canada, nobody living in California. Booked hotel rooms at a Courtyard Hotel near the concert. Can anybody give me suggestions for the parking lot? What time do they start allowing people into the parking lots? Can't really plan our usual tailgate, won't have a BBQ etc., any suggestions for food? Group arriving on Friday, we will need to do some quick shopping on Saturday morning (liquor, beer, more beer, snacks....), maybe some take out hot food we could pack in a cooler, any suggestions? :D
In the past the gates open at 3. RV's are in one area and cars/trucks in another. Parking conducted Disneyland style
Find Yourself A Lover Who Will Glue You To The Floor
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

TheSecretsInTheCrust wrote:
Corona1 wrote:I'm looking for some help and suggestions! Bringing a small group to Irvine from all over the country and Canada, nobody living in California. Booked hotel rooms at a Courtyard Hotel near the concert. Can anybody give me suggestions for the parking lot? What time do they start allowing people into the parking lots? Can't really plan our usual tailgate, won't have a BBQ etc., any suggestions for food? Group arriving on Friday, we will need to do some quick shopping on Saturday morning (liquor, beer, more beer, snacks....), maybe some take out hot food we could pack in a cooler, any suggestions? :D
In the past the gates open at 3. RV's are in one area and cars/trucks in another. Parking conducted Disneyland style
A Glenn sighting! [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

CowboyintheJungle33
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by CowboyintheJungle33 »

Hey-
I know this isn't the correct thread, but I can't find one for tickets to the Irvine show....
I'm a lifelong Parrothead, but my new wife has never been to a show. I am looking for 2 seats at a reasonable price! Please message me if you have any or can put me in the right direction!
Thanks.
"Roll with the punches...make the best of whatever comes your way."
edsonh2000
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Volcano
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by edsonh2000 »

Hey all you Irvine tailgaters! Since technology gets better and better every year, what would be the best method to announce to everyone when exactly the parking lot opens for RV's on 10/22? Perhaps a group text?? I remember last year we all gathered at the Marriott parking lot at Gateway and Irvine Center Drive in Irvine close to the Amphitheater for a pre-pre-concert party and then someone who was the "lookout" at the gate spread the word as soon as the lot opened, but I don't recall who that was and what exactly was the method of notifying everyone. If someone on this list is planning something similar this time around, please let us know. My RV is ready to go !!! Thanks!
daddymention
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season & Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Pizza Port Carlsbad- Poor Man's IPA & Zombies

Post by daddymention »

We will be closing out the Irvine Meadows era. Seeing my 16th show there. From what I've heard, lots will open at 3pm. Because the show will be a sellout, they will fill a dirt parking lot first before they use the paved main lot. You can see in the picture where the dirt lot is (not the best area to tailgate in)If you arrive when they open, the best option will be to pay for preferred parking at $40 which is in the picture on the right side of the lot just above the trees and close to the amphitheatre entrance. Motorhomes have their usual prime spots on the paved left side of the lot in the picture. There will be an earlier tailgate across from the amphitheater in the business park. We usually arrive around 11am and party there until the Irvine lot opens. Hope to see everyone for one last Irvine go round.Image
1ST CONCERT: SAT. AUG 6, 1988 - PACIFIC AMPHITHEATRE, COSTA MESA, CA - LOGE 11 SEC 2 ROW U SEAT 42 $20.35
SHOWS: DAVID-31, STEFANIA-27, SHANE-11, EMMA KATE-7
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
daddymention
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season & Cowboy in the Jungle

Post by daddymention »

UPDATE: Those seats are now gone...took about 20 hours for them to sell.

For those still needing tickets...Ticketmaster has 2 pairs of seats together and a block of 3 seats together at face value $159 plus fees in the center loge middle section and 1 pair on the left side. Don't expect these will last too long.
http://www.livenation.com/events/579267 ... my-buffett
1ST CONCERT: SAT. AUG 6, 1988 - PACIFIC AMPHITHEATRE, COSTA MESA, CA - LOGE 11 SEC 2 ROW U SEAT 42 $20.35
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
TheSecretsInTheCrust

Looking phorward to this Irvine Show. Phinal days of this classic old venue. So Show #31 will be remembered. Hope to see many BN Phriends there
rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by rich_big »

I thought for sure last year was going to be goodbye Irvine. Here we are again.
I saw Springsteen do the farewell show at LA Sports Arena in March, and figured I should see this finale as well.
my handling fee took me from $159 to almost $190. I hope I am well handled.
I'll be there. Aisle seat, on Nadirah's side. Come say hi.
LOGE 8 Row LL Seat 836
MerrickBill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by MerrickBill »

daddymention wrote:We will be closing out the Irvine Meadows era. Seeing my 16th show there. From what I've heard, lots will open at 3pm. Because the show will be a sellout, they will fill a dirt parking lot first before they use the paved main lot. You can see in the picture where the dirt lot is (not the best area to tailgate in)If you arrive when they open, the best option will be to pay for preferred parking at $40 which is in the picture on the right side of the lot just above the trees and close to the amphitheatre entrance. Motorhomes have their usual prime spots on the paved left side of the lot in the picture. There will be an earlier tailgate across from the amphitheater in the business park. We usually arrive around 11am and party there until the Irvine lot opens. Hope to see everyone for one last Irvine go round.

Daddymention,

Do you have any more information about about tailgating at the business park? I was disappointed last year about the late entry into the parking lot and would love to have a more expansive tailgating experience this year.

Bill
jimmygroovy
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 82

Post by jimmygroovy »

Bill- the gathering starts in the big parking lot behind the Marriott just across the freeway from the venue around 1pm.. myself and others are staying at the marriott so the shenanigans begin before that even .. last year lots of RV's and parrotheads gathered there without incident if u know what i mean... bring me a beer - FINSUP!!
Twitter @jimmygroovy
daddymention
I Love the Now!

Post by daddymention »

Hi Bill,

We usually tailgate in the business park that is directly across the street from the Irvine Meadows entrance. There are lots of RV's and cars in several lots all around that area. Since the businesses are closed on Saturdays there are plenty of areas to park. There is always someone around keeping an eye at the entrance, just in case they open early. The police won't let any lining up happen early. Once the lot opens, it;s a mad scramble to get in...and it gets crazy right away. We usually arrive around noon. Set up tables, chairs, etc. If Irvine is scheduled to open at 4pm (last year's opening time), we pack it up around 3:30...and we get ready to roll in. We pay the $40 premium parking so you have a paved spot, close to the entrance...if you choose the free parking they pack a dirt lot first(see my picture in the previous postings). Last year it took until 5:15 or so to fill that lot before you were allowed to park in the main paved lot where the party is. I don't like to tailgate with all the dirt and dust. I also heard it's a mess when you are trying to leave, too....even though we will not be in any hurry to leave on Saturday. Hope this helps. Hopefully we will find out the lot opening time soon.
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
daddymention
I Love the Now!

Post by daddymention »

Press release from Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre:

FAN ADVISORY FOR JIMMY BUFFETT CONCERT ON SATURDAY!
Full house expected for the final sold out Jimmy Buffett concert at Irvine Meadows - please see below for times and arrival information. Please come early & carpool to help beat traffic and we'll see you here in Margaritaville!
Parking Lots Open: 4pm
Gates Open: 6:30pm
Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band: 8pm
Please note the following are not allowed:
No towed boats
No towed trailers
No trailers with golf carts
No box trucks
No stake bed trucks
No flat bed trucks
No fifth wheels
No lawn chairs
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

daddymention wrote:Press release from Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre:

FAN ADVISORY FOR JIMMY BUFFETT CONCERT ON SATURDAY!
Full house expected for the final sold out Jimmy Buffett concert at Irvine Meadows - please see below for times and arrival information. Please come early & carpool to help beat traffic and we'll see you here in Margaritaville!
Parking Lots Open: 4pm
Gates Open: 6:30pm
Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band: 8pm
Please note the following are not allowed:
No towed boats
No towed trailers
No trailers with golf carts
No box trucks
No stake bed trucks
No flat bed trucks
No fifth wheels
No lawn chairs
Seriously??? :-?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
edsonh2000
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by edsonh2000 »

jimmygroovy wrote:Bill- the gathering starts in the big parking lot behind the Marriott just across the freeway from the venue around 1pm.. myself and others are staying at the marriott so the shenanigans begin before that even .. last year lots of RV's and parrotheads gathered there without incident if u know what i mean... bring me a beer - FINSUP!!
Hey folks, if you pull up a "street view" of this location from May 2016 on Google Maps, it shows that this parking lot is now a major construction zone! Has anyone actually driven by this location recently?? Can we still park there?
edsonh2000
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by edsonh2000 »

edsonh2000 wrote:
jimmygroovy wrote:Bill- the gathering starts in the big parking lot behind the Marriott just across the freeway from the venue around 1pm.. myself and others are staying at the marriott so the shenanigans begin before that even .. last year lots of RV's and parrotheads gathered there without incident if u know what i mean... bring me a beer - FINSUP!!
Hey folks, if you pull up a "street view" of this location from May 2016 on Google Maps, it shows that this parking lot is now a major construction zone! Has anyone actually driven by this location recently?? Can we still park there?
I just returned from actually driving by this Marriott back parking lot. It now has a high-rise building under construction, so parking there is no longer an option. There is still a small parking lot right behind the hotel, but I wonder whether we could all fit our motorhomes there. Another thought is the Ford/Mazda parking lot right across the street on Gateway. Just an idea. I have no idea if we would be kicked out or not. Any other ideas? Please respond.
jimmygroovy
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 82

Post by jimmygroovy »

glad you swung by there! OCPHC will be staging now at Leport Schools parking lot, 1 Technology Dr, Irvine .. across fwy from venue "about 1pm" is what I know ... last year partying with them in the Marriott lot was a great time, a bunch of parrotheads are staying at the Courtyard and will likely begin the day at the OCPHC set up at Leport's lot... if there are other spots for staging throw it on here...
Twitter @jimmygroovy
edsonh2000
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by edsonh2000 »

jimmygroovy wrote:glad you swung by there! OCPHC will be staging now at Leport Schools parking lot, 1 Technology Dr, Irvine .. across fwy from venue "about 1pm" is what I know ... last year partying with them in the Marriott lot was a great time, a bunch of parrotheads are staying at the Courtyard and will likely begin the day at the OCPHC set up at Leport's lot... if there are other spots for staging throw it on here...
AWESOME ! Thanks for the update! See you at Leport! I will spread the word among my contacts!
TheSecretsInTheCrust

Two extra tickets in parking lot section one. Look for all the flags flying- face value.