Who's going to Cincy Riverbend July 8th?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

chipleadjoe
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Knee Deep
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain's & Landshark

Who's going to Cincy Riverbend July 8th?

Post by chipleadjoe »

A Saturday party to mark the 50th show at Riverbend!!
"There's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning!"
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Who's goin to Cincy Riverbend July 8th?

Post by bodypainter »

Yea Bay Bee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Hopefully we will be there! Hope we can get tickets! Hotel has been booked! :D
You're Killing Me Smalls
chipleadjoe
Southeast of disorder

Post by chipleadjoe »

Been awhile since we've had a Saturday here. Should be rockin!!
My daughter is a Margaritaville.com ambassador for the University of Cincinnati and is currently involved with an email challenge for the site. Drop her a line @ Lindsay.686@gmail.com to be entered for a free Margaritaville basket!! Include your full name,dob and email.The goods inside include: small shirt,2 marg glasses,2 koozies,2 leis,2 fins up stickers,20% restaurant discount,25% margaritavillestore.com discount and a few others. She'll draw a winner as we get closer to the show. You'll be able to pick it up during the tailgate or she'll ship it to you. Feel free to forward this to any Finheads who might be interested!!!
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Small shirts?? Well that counts me out :o :o :lol: :lol:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

Since our tradition of seeing Jimmy at Alpine Valley is no longer an option this year and perhaps forever more we're considering a road trip to Cincy. A few questions...
1. How much are lawn seats?
2. Does the show sellout?
3. At Alpine Valley we can get into the parking lots at noon and tailgate all day. Does the Cincinnati venue offer the same thing?
4. What is the tailgating and pre-concert party like?
Any other comments or suggestions are welcome...
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

wiscoleeds1 wrote: March 28, 2017 8:41 am Since our tradition of seeing Jimmy at Alpine Valley is no longer an option this year and perhaps forever more we're considering a road trip to Cincy. A few questions...
3. At Alpine Valley we can get into the parking lots at noon and tailgate all day. Does the Cincinnati venue offer the same thing?
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
Welcome to BN wiscoleeds. I'm Bill. This concert will sell out. Lawn seats are 50$ plus, but it's a terrible view, packed with people and hard on the legs(concrete and astro turf).The Cincy club has held pre concert parties, but it's the all day tailgate that draws me. You must be lined up before 8AM to make it in the first lots. Hotel rooms will be tough. One place I stayed is booked solid, Good luck.
A1AJake
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gowns
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by A1AJake »

Last year they started to line up at 5:00 am and they let us in at 8:00 am. I think we arrived about 6:45 and I know the line of cars was half mile long or longer. Insane. I've never been to Alpine, but seeing how I will probably miss this year's Cinci show I need to find a show I can make. Damn it stings to think about missing it.
chipleadjoe
Southeast of disorder

Post by chipleadjoe »

wiscoleeds1 wrote: March 28, 2017 8:41 am Since our tradition of seeing Jimmy at Alpine Valley is no longer an option this year and perhaps forever more we're considering a road trip to Cincy. A few questions...
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
Definitely get in line early especially this time around on a Saturday. The lawn does offer video screens. Incredible tailgating starting @ 8am!
Here's a video link to the 2015 party:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJm8HAOZVo
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

Thanks for all the info..

Any suggestions on hotel areas or areas to avoid in Cincinnati? Also, any bus groups via bars or hotels?

Cheers
Wiscoleeds
WVWino
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything coconut rum!!

Post by WVWino »

bodypainter wrote: March 28, 2017 10:13 am
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
Welcome to BN wiscoleeds. I'm Bill. This concert will sell out. Lawn seats are 50$ plus, but it's a terrible view, packed with people and hard on the legs(concrete and astro turf).The Cincy club has held pre concert parties, but it's the all day tailgate that draws me. You must be lined up before 8AM to make it in the first lots. Hotel rooms will be tough. One place I stayed is booked solid, Good luck.

Hey Bill! I had heard you can get in the lots across the street (for tailgating) the night before....is this true? We were going to take our stuff over the night before and Uber back to air bnb!
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ✌🏻
chipleadjoe
Southeast of disorder

Post by chipleadjoe »

Definitely cannot get in the nite before. Only option is to get in line early -
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

WVWino wrote: March 29, 2017 10:10 am
bodypainter wrote: March 28, 2017 10:13 am
Cheers
Wiscoleeds

Hey Bill! I had heard you can get in the lots across the street (for tailgating) the night before....is this true? We were going to take our stuff over the night before and Uber back to air bnb!
[/quoteI]
I don't believe so. The small lot is for club members and I think they have to line up in the morning as well.I drove by the night before in 2013. The lots were empty.

I
Chrisnoelle
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Pina Colada

Post by Chrisnoelle »

From Riverbend's Facebook..

JUST ANNOUNCED: The Official Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers Pre-Show Party!

On July 8, 2017 Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefer Band will take the stage for 50th time at Riverbend Music Center. To celebrate this milestone, Riverbend Music Center is throwing a pre-show party for ticket-holders from 3:00pm to 6:00pm on the West Side Plaza Area at Coney Island. Festivities will include:
- Live music provided by one of Cincinnati’s local bands;
- Prizes raffled off every half hour. Prizes include: 2 Lawn tickets to every Riverbend concert in 2017, official Margaritaville Key West Frozen Blender, Two Ultimate Air Shuttle vouchers and much more;
- $5 Happy Hour Pricing for Cheeseburgers, Margaritas and Landshark Beer;
- Attendees will receive a complimentary lei and get to participate in fun Parrot games;
- Anyone with a concert ticket for the July 8th show will also be granted free admission into the Coney Island Park pool and rides from 3:00pm-6:00pm.

And as if that wasn’t enough! In addition to the pre-concert fun, all 20,000 fans attending the concert will receive a minted one-of-a-kind commemorative coin marking the occasion of Buffett’s 50th performance at Riverbend Music Center.

Don't miss out on the fun! Tickets for the July 8th show go on sale TOMORROW at 10am!
chipleadjoe
Southeast of disorder

Post by chipleadjoe »

Chrisnoelle wrote: March 30, 2017 1:42 pm From Riverbend's Facebook..

JUST ANNOUNCED: The Official Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers Pre-Show Party!

On July 8, 2017 Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefer Band will take the stage for 50th time at Riverbend Music Center. To celebrate this milestone, Riverbend Music Center is throwing a pre-show party for ticket-holders from 3:00pm to 6:00pm on the West Side Plaza Area at Coney Island. Festivities will include:
- Live music provided by one of Cincinnati’s local bands;
- Prizes raffled off every half hour. Prizes include: 2 Lawn tickets to every Riverbend concert in 2017, official Margaritaville Key West Frozen Blender, Two Ultimate Air Shuttle vouchers and much more;
- $5 Happy Hour Pricing for Cheeseburgers, Margaritas and Landshark Beer;
- Attendees will receive a complimentary lei and get to participate in fun Parrot games;
- Anyone with a concert ticket for the July 8th show will also be granted free admission into the Coney Island Park pool and rides from 3:00pm-6:00pm.

And as if that wasn’t enough! In addition to the pre-concert fun, all 20,000 fans attending the concert will receive a minted one-of-a-kind commemorative coin marking the occasion of Buffett’s 50th performance at Riverbend Music Center.

Don't miss out on the fun! Tickets for the July 8th show go on sale TOMORROW at 10am!
Hmmm isn't this what we've been doin in the lots for years - minus the $5 Landsharks of course 😎
keninclt
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and mt. dew

Post by keninclt »

Was going to go to the Boston show but chose this instead. Never been to a Cincy show and looking forward to it. Plan to Uber to and from for obvious reasons. Any welcoming tailgating groups to a couple driving up from the Charlotte area?
Bern
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to reason with hurricane season / Coast of Marseilles
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: The one currently in my hand......

Post by Bern »

Brother Bill (Bodypainter) and myself always enjoy adding to our group, we will be with 6 great people from North of Disorder, We cook(understatement), we paint, we drink, we laugh....and we almost always double our group. If you wish to join us, you would be more than welcome. We are old school (which means old) so if you are looking for the 20something, 30something, we ain't it.......lol
Fruitcakes in the kitchen
Fruitcakes on the street
Struttin naked through the crosswalk
In the middle of the week
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Half-baked people on the bus
Theres a little bit of fruitcake in every one of us

melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

We scored our tix so we will be there with leis on! :D
You're Killing Me Smalls
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

melon59 wrote: March 31, 2017 4:44 pm We scored our tix so we will be there with leis on! :D
Yay! (Make sure you read Bern's post.) :D
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Bern wrote: March 31, 2017 4:10 pm Brother Bill (Bodypainter) and myself always enjoy adding to our group, we will be with 6 great people from North of Disorder, We cook(understatement), we paint, we drink, we laugh....and we almost always double our group. If you wish to join us, you would be more than welcome. We are old school (which means old) so if you are looking for the 20something, 30something, we ain't it.......lol
Count me n hubby in! Had a blast with you at Blossom! Let us know what we can contribute food wise or in cash! We will of course bring drinks and anything else you require! So excited to see you guys again!
Last edited by melon59 on April 1, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're Killing Me Smalls