2017 Sharks Baseball

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

2017 Sharks Baseball

Post by johnson2113 »

I'm already a month behind. The Sharks have been practicing since January. For anyone thinking I'm a psycho, I'm just taking pictures that cost absolutely nothing and making baseball cards that only cost my time. The parents have decided on 3 jerseys this season. When we were kids a lot of us still played in jeans. They have equipment, gloves and bats that cost more than all of our teams' gear. Mine and my sisters and probably my brother in law's.

But I don't care I love it. The last couple of months I have exiled myself from the net and worked on shooting pictures. I can do better portraits, now. And I'm planning so much more. One of the moms has friend that makes banners and we did one last year, but I've worked out this year's banner. They team was 13 players, down to 11. Talk of adding a 12th, which would have eased my OCD, but whatever.

So anyways, I'm going to shoot "the team" picture with my drone, Desperation Storm". :pirate: :wink: Get the team divided up into several different color jerseys. I'm thinking 4, 4, 3. Bub as catcher, Hank as pitcher, Brock as batter, Keegan as a base runner. Then get the rest of the team to cover other "bases". Coaches in the background. I think I'll have an awesome shot from a minimum of 50 feet.

Now, to the business at hand, basketball season is still rolling and the Sharks/Ravens split into two teams and both have gone undefeated. Bub's doesn't have a lot of great scorers. But we got some killer defense. Bub runs the offense when he has to. Him and Keegan have led the Cobras to a great season. So at halftime if Bub has got the ball, he is going for it all.

He had a few seconds to work with on this one, so he tried again and he almost made the second one.

**Edit** This is the third game I've been to this season and I've only been to three where a kid on the opposing team said he didn't want to guard number 3. He's a great shot and a better leader, but his defense is off the charts. I've never seen anyone get so many steals in a game.

**Edit 2** One of the games I missed everyone was telling me that the opposing coach kept screaming "Cover number F***ing 3!"
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: 2017 Sharks Baseball

Post by lime rickie »

You're not a psycho, Jerred. :lol: The drone thing sounds pretty cool, can't wait to see the pictures.

Bub is a beast! [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

lime rickie wrote: February 27, 2017 9:35 am You're not a psycho, Jerred. :lol: The drone thing sounds pretty cool, can't wait to see the pictures.

Bub is a beast! [smilie=coolup.gif]
Well, your opinion means the world to me and after what I witnessed this weekend you are validated!

Yesterday was the last game of the season for the Cobras (basketball). It was a "postseason" game that didn't mean anything. The boys were calling the plays until the second half when they got mad and it was decided the coaches would take over, by the boys. Bub fouled out, years from now people will say anything, but Bub got 5 fouls and he should have been out of the game. The officiating was poor to say the least. A lot of players should have fouled out of the game for both teams. Bub and Jaxson, from the football team, got calls against them but never in favor of them. It was a scene, man. The Cobras ended up winning and basketball season is over.

Looking ahead to baseball. Less than a month until the first game, first tournament. :pirate:

I'm just sitting in my desk chair on this gray, cloudy Sunday wanting to be out shooting the team picture. Everyone is on Em about the jerseys and I don't think anyone knows my plans for the team picture yet. Yesterday we had 40mph gusts and I couldn't fly, I want to fly. I may have to think about checking out an actual pilots license, now.

So, we haven't competed in BBQ in too long and baseball is starting and I think my biggest thrill is freaking everyone out. And as Landsharks, we all love Jaws. And the nickname for the animatronic shark was Bruce, but Em and Kelb and I are all Guns N Roses fans, so Bruce, our mascot has had a makeover for the season to Billy Bruce! And Sloth has dropped in for a photoshoot.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

The Sharks are finally playing ball. I am several games behind already on pictures, in fairness to myself, I have several other projects going on right now. A couple of close games, a couple of bad losses, and one monster win tonight. Bub has just elevated his game to compete with the older teams they are playing against. He started off pretty rough at the plate, but he finally found his spot and he has been crushing the ball. If we didn't have to compete against the wind in every single game, some of these hits would be bigger by the team. They have really matured, they get upset by bad calls, but they shake it off when the other team makes a great play. This is the kind of baseball I love!
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Finally caught up on pictures.

This season has been weird already. :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

What a weird season. They start long before school is out and then when school is out, two weeks without a game. What is that?

If you want to browse the rest of the team, https://www.flickr.com/photos/thesharksbaseball/ I have shot some phenomenal pictures, they are improving with each game. We have our first traveling tourney coming up. It's going to be fun, I will document as much of it as I can. If it was just baseball it would be crazy, but everything else has put us all on the Crazy Train. So if you can toast to all of us with some Ozzy then some Jimmy. A playing of Fins on Saturday morning would be appreciated. Because, well because now I'm starting to ramble, and everything I have going on is setting us up for insanity. :lol: :pirate: :lol: :pirate:

FINS UP!

They have been rained out of more games than I played when I was growing up.

Nator has to fight it, she's okay though, she slaps uncle Jerred and holds out her hand for cash for snacks. She earns it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

So, I would ask for everyone to indulge me, but there is no one stopping me. I have just enjoyed games this season, shot pictures and had fun. What I saw, heard and picked up today has set me off.

Trying to be quiet and shy, trying to be a mascot when the team needs one. No more, calm, cool, and collected, John. It's a raging SOB, Chuckster. Usually, I would be glad that my mom wasn't at the game to see this, I wish, I will be on my knees praying tonight for forgiveness that she didn't come to this game today.

As I type this I will try to explain it the best I can.

First and foremost, at this age, we all had our positions and we played them. They are still doing this shuffling players around every inning. Bub has set himself head and shoulders above the rest of the team, and the league.

This weekend was the team's first traveling tournament. Outside of the weather and the hotel, they played amazing the first game. The second game we were rained out and got a 2nd seed it bracket play. We were playing the worst team in the bracket. In the coach's infinite wisdom he pulls our best player from his best position and benches him.

And that, that is not the worst offense he committed today. We had the opportunity to advance in a tourney for the first time, not only does he pull our best player, he replaces him with the 3rd string catcher. Still not the worst offense.

Not let me backtrack to Saturday night. We were sitting in the hotel lobby and the coaches and parents were discussing how great of a player Bub is, not to me, not to parents, not to grandparents, amongst themselves. I've seen some absolutely great plays, I've seen some complete ignorance of the coaches. Bub is always the one paying attention. He knows where every play is, where every runner is, he is the complete package, the kind of player you look for. Watch the movie Talent for the Game, he is King Kong.

The third string catcher was afraid to catch for our pitcher. Bub is afraid of FREAKING nothing, behind the plate.

I will freely admit, he was dragging his feet, I haven't seen him drag his feet like he did on this play. And this picture following is the result of Bub dragging his feet.

Bub's throw to the second baseman was that damn close to an out on a walk. He had the runner out, that close!

The coach, a Big 8 pitcher, a real ball player proceeded to come out of the dugout and berate, Bub, like I have never seen. He's had players ignore him, not listen to him, disobey him, and he screamed at Bub so loud and violently, that the entire facility turned towards our field. Twelve hours earlier he was praising him and he jumped on him harder than I have ever seen him jump on a player. We all expect the most out of Bub, and he gives his most 100% of the team, this was his 99.9% moment.

The texts and phone calls I heard were "appalling", "embarrassing", "disgusted", this is a man that Bub looks up to and he treated him like garbage, worse than he has treated any other player, any other player that hasn't given all of his potential to. Bub gets as much playing time as the kids that do not care, he was treated worse than any player than I have ever seen. Bub didn't cost them the lead, the game, just one base, ONE BASE.

I'm still at the moment of pulling the move of my father, and driving over to his house and kicking his door in. I have never seen the kind of response from all the parents after a game like I have after this one. If Bub wasn't playing with his buddy's, he would be off the team right now. I have never seen the best player on a team treated like this.

We have a double header on Tuesday, if I don't see a grown man on his knees groveling, I WILL make it h happen. And Neenee is going out of town, if I don't, she will. It's been over 8 hours and I still can't calm down.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Sounds like a sh*tty deal Jerred. Sorry Bub had to endure that. I have 3 grandsons just getting their feet wet in little league ball. Just don't understand these coaches sometimes. :o :evil:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Dr.Corona wrote: June 19, 2017 9:53 am Sounds like a sh*tty deal Jerred. Sorry Bub had to endure that. I have 3 grandsons just getting their feet wet in little league ball. Just don't understand these coaches sometimes. :o :evil:
I tell you Doc, it was the absolute worst I have seen from any team. I have seen some bad coaching between football and baseball. I have commended our coaches for their performance, and this was horrible. I thought maybe sleeping it off and letting emotions calm would make it better, it hasn't. I'm still hearing that parents are beyond upset about this situation.

I have no problem with the coaches being loud, it's an absolute must All the games going on, all the noise, this was the most violent berating of a player I have ever heard.

The thing with Bub is you have to tell him something once and he remembers, this situation goes beyond offensive. The Sharks have a double header tomorrow and I am just biding my time to see what happens, but this will not go ignored. I'm not going to allow this. I saw some confrontations in my days playing ball, I will not damage Bub's relationships or my sister and brother in law's, but I also will not allow that to happen ever again. There was absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior.

Even though he is my nephew, I would still be enraged if it had been any other player on the team.

The coach doesn't have the fortitude to stand up to the team and apologize, but if I get the opportunity I will make it clear that was the worst thing I have seen any coach do.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

A wise man once said,

"It's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning."

Twenty-four hours ago I was ready for a fight, this morning, I don't think it will be the fight I was expecting.

I was made about the screaming, I was furious about the loss, I'm in meltdown over the garbage that has gone down since then. The coach, also coaches on Bub's football and basketball teams. But this should have been a situation handled internally, and now they are bringing in officials and we are going to have them monitoring our games. There are parents ready to break up the team because their children had to run after the loss. I honestly don't know if there is any coming back from what is going on, but the one kid that has any reason to be upset is sticking by his coach, and we may have an all new team going forward.

We will see what happens tonight, but it may be a show.

And of course I have to play the fool that doesn't know anything. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I'll see if I can even get this written down.

State tournament this weekend, the real last tournament for the Sharks, they are done, it is over.

Bub is the heart and soul of this team. He is the proof that you can give every ounce of your being and people will still love you and get behind you. Even when the odds have been stacked against him, he never quits. When the score is insurmountable, he never gives up.

One player on the team hates him, he has told every player on the team how much better he is than them. Bub has gone out time and time again to fight and compete, not to prove him wrong, but to lead his team. They have been butting heads for several years, and this player has tried to take his position at catcher.

He completely failed today, more so than any other time. Bub caught the majority of two games today. He got an inning off to rest, and was pulled back into catch when the coach needed him.

In the first game, he got hit by a pitch. He had the stitches of the baseball imprinted on his shoulder. Later on in the game a batter, threw his bat and hit Bub in the back. Bub took some time and was back behind the plate on the next pitch.

He got hit by the same batter again later in the game and the umpires didn't have the GUTS to follow through with the warning to eject the kid.

Ok, we lose that game, we have two more.

The next game Bub is back behind the dish. He is hustling and busting his butt for every bad pitch. He is fighting for every inch. The pitcher threw a wild pitch. This was after the other catcher was pulled for his poor performance. Bub got an inning of rest and was back catching. The previous pitcher would not cover home and Bub had to hustle to try and get outs at the plate. The pitcher in at this moment was covering but Bub is thinking about so much, that he grabbed the ball and took off for the plate. He collided with the base runner and slammed his head into the runner's helmet. Nice big goose egg over his eye. He is finally forced to come off the field. He needs to rest, but he is still in the batting lineup.

Setting down his icepack, he takes the plate. We've worked our way back into the game. Down two runs, a runner on second. Bub comes in and works a full count. (Not to mention the absolute p*** poor officials we had for both games.) So, Bub has worked the count full, he wants to hit, he can taste it. He's standing up there, the pitch comes and....

And it hits Bub right in the kidney!!!! I jumped and cheered for Bub, not that I was happy he kept the game going, not that he got to take a base, but because he had been beat up all day and he just took a nasty shot. Big red circle on his low back.

Now, before I continue on, this was the most I had seen Bub take, I've seen him get hit, but he needed an extra moment to collect himself this time. But I tell you right here and right now, Bub rose to his feet and took his base. He was tired, hot, dehydrated, hurting, bruised, battered, sore, but he took his base.

The pitcher thought he was going to pick Bub off at first. The pitcher threw to first and I can't guarantee this actually happened, but I'm almost 99% sure Bub flipped the kid off and raced for second. Beat the throw by a mile. The runner at third took home, we were down by one.

Bub stole third on the next pitch and that's where he was stranded to end the game, losing by one run, on a called strike in the dirt. (Terrible call)

Right now, I'm too tired to get into the petty BS that I heard about, but I know that no other parents have ever smiled when a kid has gotten hurt.

Last season his coached nominated Bub for the all-state showcase. After the game was over the opposing team's coach came over and gave Bub a nomination to this year's all-state showcase. Honestly as I sit here and recount this it's truly amazing. I know how emotional my mom, my sister and my brother in law were. Bub got very emotional.

It truly is a big deal, last year, we couldn't applaud the boys that got nominated because it would upset the rest of the team, well, at this one moment there was nothing anyone could say, because it was given to Bub in front of the entire team and all the coaches, by someone that has only seen him play one game. And damn it he has earned it.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

One more tournament to go. We have to burn this team to the ground, it is, it's done, but we still have to go through the motions for one more tournament.

Could have been playing, should have been playing, today.

But things are looking up, we have the core, four. We are going to build around them, it's not going to be hand holding anymore. It's going to be building young men. And things are looking forward.

Bub, tough, super tough.

Hit by a bat, hit by a pitch, hit by a bat, helmet to head contact with a base runner, hit by another pitch. Yesterday, it looked like a grizzly bear versus a chihuahua. Sure, it was like a tame, circus grizzly versus the meanest chihuahua you have ever seen, but still.

I felt bad for Bub, but the kid that ran into him was devastated. The kid got ejected and they shook hands afterwards, and then talked and shook hands again after the game.

Bub's back his covered with welts, bruises, and wounds. And he never gave up, even when the coaches took him out of the game, he continued to compete.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I really don't know where to begin, I know I have been neglecting my duties. But in defense of myself, I am handcuffed most of the time. :pirate: :pirate: The life of a pirate.

There is terrible news, good news, bad news, troubling news, worrying news, I have no idea how many different ideas of news. And this is just centered around Sharks baseball, formerly Sharks baseball news.

The absolute worst, my partner in crime, my main girl got bit by a brown recluse. Fortunately mom and dad discovered this early, she's on meds, but she doesn't feel good, so any Sharks FIN power to her, would be greatly appreciated.

The worst news is out of the way, now the bad news. My Feeding Frenzy turned out to be cannibals. We have eaten each other alive. Pot stirrers and poison destroyed my world. You have to forgive me if I'm a little selfish on this. But I'm going to break it down right now.

1. The team was the Sharks. (I'm a SCUBA diver, I love Sharks, I love diving with Sharks. Most of the divers I know love the little stuff. I dive for the big stuff. Reef tips, bulls, tigers, hammerheads, Great Whites. That is what I want to see)

2. My fan page was the Feeding Fenzy, Sharks-centric, Buffett-esque. It was right up my alley.

3. The head coach pitched for the Wildcats, our colors, much to the chagrin of my brother in law was Purple, Black, Gray, and White. I didn't have to buy any fan gear. All of my clothes was already fan gear. From my t-shirts to my shorts to my CUSTOM running shoes, to my CUSTOM sunglasses, to my hats!

4. Now, I have to make do with the one Ravens shirt I have and the I am not customizing my shoes or sunglasses for the Ravens. Personally, I hate the Baltimore Ravens, and now we are the bloody freaking Ravens!!!

Okay, I can forgive it, we are now a competitive baseball team. The top four players are on the team, the middle of the pack is out, 2 of the bottom 3 are on the team, the one of the worst players I could accept on the team is quitting, but the most poisonous player is off the team, okay I can deal with it.

The problem is we held try outs and one player is on the football team, but the baseball team is not good enough, and believe I am not happy about that. I am planning for a fall baseball team, and we DO NOT have enough players now. Bub needs the practice, he needs the games. The three other Horsemen needs the practice, they need the games. We are short and I am planning, cards and pictures for Fall Ball.

But that is not the focus of the weekend. Bub had a hell of a weekend. After everything went crazy, then went insane, Bub played catcher for an entire tourney. He played every inning of the first game. He got hit by a bat, across the back. Everyone missed it because we were watching the play. The batter and coaches were warned after it happened. Bub then got hit by a pitch. He was hit by the same batter again. Uncle f***ing Jerred got vocal then, it was a good thing Nene wasn't there, because even Mom and Dad got vocal. The opposing coach got onto them, but ain't nobody, never, going to shut down parents protecting their child. It was continuous from then on.

Then he collided with a base runner, trying to get the out at home. The coach finally pulled him from catcher, but he still had to bat. He worked a full count then he got hit with a pitch. Right in the kidneys. He had the stitches of the ball on his back. He was beat and bruised and hurting. He was on first base, the pitcher kept trying to pick runners off, Bub took off I swear as I am typing this, he flipped the bird as he was sliding, safely into second.

The next game he played catcher, he is the only that could be trusted back there, he fought for ever pitch. They got a big kid into a run down, he had the kid out by a mile, he could have scooted back and forth but Bub had him, so he just plowed into Bub. He was enormous. Bub was plowed over, the kid was ejected immediately. The opposing coach was upset with his player, everyone was checking on Bub. That was the third out.

Now, I will get into myself for one brief moment, I don't normally do it at anytime. I try to be invisible.

Now, I hope I can paint the picture for you. We are on the fields, that are different from our regular fields. Bub's mom and dad are right next to the dugout, our Sports Information Dept., Uncle Jerred is going back and forth shooting pictures. At this moment he runs into the dugout, the head coach(Big 8 KSU Wildcats Pitcher) is in the dugout.

Uncle Jerred runs in the dugout and says, "Bub, the only thing I need to know is, did you hang on the ball?"

Bub slaps my hand and says, "Yes!"

Nothing else matters even though the kid was out, he plowed into Bub and knocked him to the ground, he was out of the game, but Bub held onto the ball when the kid knocked him to the ground.

{Ric Flari} WOOOOOOOO! {/Ric Fliar}

Bub got an invitation to the All-Star game after that performance.

So, the great news is I'm going to the All-Star game this weekend. No, matter what happens if we don't' have a fall Ravens team, we will have one last Sharks All-Star this weekend. If I had my way the Sharks would have at least 3, if not 2, but that isn't my responsibility. But there will be one last Feeding Frenzy post for our 2 Time All-Star!

And just because I have it enjoy our last Sharks run scored, for YOURS, MINE, OUR Feeding Frenzy.

And you don't have to guess who scored the last run for OUR Feeding Frenzy!!!! The last run for OUR Sharks!

UJ will do whatever it takes to get us a Fall Ball Ravens season!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Bub IS an All-Star, Jerred. [smilie=coolup.gif]

And here is some Vactionland (Maine) phin power for your main girl. Hope she's back on her feet soon.

~~/)~~/)~~/)~~
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Thank God the spider bite was detected early! Major Phin Power coming her way!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Love your enthusiasm Jerred!

Phin power for your main girl - recluse are nasty :evil:
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Thank you my PHam! She seemed to be in good spirits, by the end of the day she seemed to hit a wall, especially the last two days. But she gave me hell all weekend. :wench: :wench: :wench:

I went a little overboard with my last my post. In my defense I have known at least half of the team since they were babies, and over half of the siblings since they were babies. This has been my passion for the last two years. My favorite sport, taking pictures, of my favorite people and to see it completely collapse on itself was tough for me, not to mention the team.

The good news is we have a team for the fall and next spring, and I am truly disappointed at what some of the parents said and did to destroy a team with so much potential.

It's done, it's over. Nothing I can say or do, just look ahead to Ravens Baseball and Football. That's what everyone else is doing in. It's going to be a busy late summer and fall!

Here she is smiling for Uncle Jerred. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look at the picture then look at it full size, unreal.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4319/3627 ... 0264_o.jpg

He had to be in focus with HIS rings.

Bub impressed his coaches at the All-Star game, he only sat one inning and played catcher most of the weekend.

He was all about playing with another group of players, and supporting those boys!

Stealing and running, I didn't hardly get enough time to catch him running the bases.

Bub hit a foul ball into the dugout, into the trash can. All I heard from the dugout was, "Bub you hit it into the trash can!" Even an afternoon with a new group and they were calling him Bub.

He almost ran down the boy in front of him taking home for the 3rd and LAST Sharks run scored!

They were hugging and celebrating the back to back purple runs scored!

The coaches couldn't compliment him enough, he needs to be a floater joining teams that need a catcher because they were all impressed by his hustle and play.