Mac Plays Charlotte - 7.27.17

Discuss current members such as Mac McAnally, Peter Mayer, Jim Mayer, Robert Greenidge and others, or discuss past band members such as Fingers Taylor, Ralph MacDonald, and Amy Lee.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Mac Plays Charlotte - 7.27.17

Post by C4Parrothead »

Was fortunate enough to be listening to JD one afternoon this spring & he interviewed Mac. Mac shared he was doing some gigs in-between Buffett shows & that he would be playing small, intimate concert halls. So we grabbed a pair of tickets & made a date-nite of it. The venue was a perfect fit.

All I can say is WOW!

We knew he was ultra talented. That kind of goes w/o saying. But his personality & charisma jumps off the stage. He is so humble, a great storyteller, and very engaging (funny) with the audience all night. He certainly gets the credit musically (10x CMA Musician of the Year), but he is fantastic live, and his voice sounds great. Played a great mix of his stuff, JBs, Sawyer Brown, KC, etc. If you haven't seen Mac live, do yourself a favor & go!!

Closed with Little Martha. As great as he kills it plays this at Jimmy's shows (he turned it out at Wrigley a couple weeks ago), to sit 3 rows from the stage & see the man at work on this - awesome!

Thank you, Mac! Awesome, awesome show. Will certainly be back to see you.

Fins Up
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)