Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Jokelben 2.0 Access Info

Post by SunLover »

chasescott66 wrote: October 18, 2017 8:52 am It is saying wrong password when I try to access it.
Sorry about that. I'm doing some maintenance on it. It will be back up soon. Meanwhile. the FTP site is up, so if you're looking for a more recent show, you can check that out.
chasescott66
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: First Look
Number of Concerts: 41

Post by chasescott66 »

Any idea on how long it will be down?
Hayduke
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Take another road
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by Hayduke »

The password "vu9QbGxL3Z" isn't working

HELP!
Hayduke
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Hayduke »

what is ftp site?
Hayduke
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Hayduke »

The password isn't working.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Hayduke wrote: October 20, 2017 10:17 am The password isn't working.
The jokelben server is down for maintenance and will be back up soon the ftp is also down at moment as well
Hayduke
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Hayduke »

what is FTP?
CyberSurfer
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by CyberSurfer »

That's a great question.. where do you find out the information about the FTP server?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

CyberSurfer wrote: October 21, 2017 3:41 am That's a great question.. where do you find out the information about the FTP server?
The FTP server is also down at the moment but it will back up soon
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Hayduke wrote:what is FTP?
CyberSurfer wrote:That's a great question.. where do you find out the information about the FTP server?
Did you guys join BN just to download music? Join in on some of the conversations, tell us about yourselves, share with us! If you have technical questions you’re in the wrong place, try https://www.wired.com/2010/02/ftp_for_beginners/ ….
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Hayduke
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Hayduke »

How do i get on FTP site which has been referred to?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Hayduke wrote: October 21, 2017 7:15 pm How do i get on FTP site which has been referred to?
The FTP site is temporarily down for maintenance and will back up soon
CyberSurfer
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by CyberSurfer »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: October 21, 2017 11:52 am
CyberSurfer wrote:That's a great question.. where do you find out the information about the FTP server?
Did you guys join BN just to download music? Join in on some of the conversations, tell us about yourselves, share with us! If you have technical questions you’re in the wrong place, try https://www.wired.com/2010/02/ftp_for_beginners/ ….
Honestly,

I don't see anyone asking technical questions... I see people asking about where you find information about said FTP server, since it gets mentioned that it was still up. But shrugs... I hardly need this site to just download music. That's easily accomplished anywhere else on the web (youtube, streaming services, etc).

Frankly...
If you have technical questions you're in the wrong palace"
is the dumbest reply I've seen... Since the people who run these SPECIFIC servers which are being asked about are members, and posters here, this would be a lot more logical place to ask questions about those SPECIFIC servers, rather than reading some generic wired article...

The fact that people come here, read stuff, and then when they have questions about something finally decide to signup to a forum, to ask said questions, does not invalidate their questions.

I find it sad that there are people taking advantage of the server for financial gain, but I also find it sad that said operators of said servers can't secure their servers, or at least track who is doing said sales attempts... But whatever... What do I know, I've only been a web developer and computer technician for over 20 years...
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

CyberSurfer wrote: I hardly need this site to just download music. That's easily accomplished anywhere else on the web (youtube, streaming services, etc).
If you have technical questions you're in the wrong palace
Well! Don't we have our hoity toity panties in a big tight bunch!
You clearly joined this site just to download music and then you put down the guys who have put so much work into it?
Maybe you should find another "palace" to do so..... Don't be sad, just go away.
Ooh! You've been a web developer/technician for 20 years? I guess my computing degree from 1972 and 45 years in the industry trumps the #### out of that......
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
mango911
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by mango911 »

What's wrong with coming here to download music?
Last edited by mango911 on November 1, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mango911
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by mango911 »

By the way your password doesn't work. vu9QbGxL3Z
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

CyberSurfer wrote: October 31, 2017 10:13 pm
SeattleParrotHead wrote: October 21, 2017 11:52 am
Honestly,

I don't see anyone asking technical questions... I see people asking about where you find information about said FTP server, since it gets mentioned that it was still up. But shrugs... I hardly need this site to just download music. That's easily accomplished anywhere else on the web (youtube, streaming services, etc).

Frankly...
If you have technical questions you're in the wrong palace"
is the dumbest reply I've seen... Since the people who run these SPECIFIC servers which are being asked about are members, and posters here, this would be a lot more logical place to ask questions about those SPECIFIC servers, rather than reading some generic wired article...

The fact that people come here, read stuff, and then when they have questions about something finally decide to signup to a forum, to ask said questions, does not invalidate their questions.

I find it sad that there are people taking advantage of the server for financial gain, but I also find it sad that said operators of said servers can't secure their servers, or at least track who is doing said sales attempts... But whatever... What do I know, I've only been a web developer and computer technician for over 20 years...
Sunlover is in the process of adding security to both servers in order to hopefully bring an end to the for profit actions that have taken place over the last 8-10 weeks. Prior to the end of August there were no issues with either server other than needing to reorganize the Jokelben server a little which Sunlover did.

Sunlover's servers both jokelben and the separate FTP server are not the first Buffett dedicated servers to exist in connection with the trading forum here at Buffettnews. There have in fact been several others over the last 16 years or so that have come and gone for one reason or another. The original version of Jokelben was simply an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server owned by someone other than Sunlover. The original owner of the server had the server hosted through a hosting company that specializes in hosting such servers. However last year the owner hit a snag when his hosting company shut down the server claiming the MP3 concert recordings were copyrighted material. This became a point of contention between the server's original owner and his hosting company as Jimmy Buffett makes his shows available for free via both Radio Margaritaville and Margaritaville TV.

Sunlover opened his FTP server initially as back up to the original jokelben server keeping shows from 2006-present uploaded to it. Eventually the original owner of jokelben was forced to shut down the original server but not before Sunlover had created a complete back up copy of the contents. It was from this back up that Sunlover created the new and current Jokelben server located at pCloud.

The subject heading of the concert trading forum here at Buffettnews reads as follows: "Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows". The key word is the word "Trade" which is what this particular forum was created for in the first place. The "get help recording shows" portion of the subject line is in reference to the fact when Jimmy first started streaming the audio of his shows back in 1999, recording the audio via a computer was a new and unfamiliar to many who wanted to make their own copies of Jimmy shows. So yes people came to this forum with questions about recording software, different audio file formats, burning recorded shows to CD etc. In response to those questions myself and others offered tips, suggestions and complete instructions on how to record the live audio streams of Jimmy's shows.

Until August 2017 the servers were open and available to all on a sort of honor system that worked without issue until someone's greed became an issue and the for profit crap started.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

mango911 wrote: November 1, 2017 10:01 am What's wrong with coming here to download music?
Nothing is wrong with downloading music, however turning around and profiting from said music is not allowed
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

mango911 wrote: November 1, 2017 10:03 am By the way your password doesn't work. vu9QbGxL3Z
That password is no longer valid as new more secure login in system is being implemented by Sunlover
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Martyritaville »

Thanx for the update - and for everything you guys do.
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!