The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Mplsfins
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Alpine Reopening

Post by Mplsfins »

coralreefer wrote: January 31, 2018 11:04 am
Mplsfins wrote: January 12, 2018 3:22 pm I have heard through some very reliable people the Alpine show will be September 1st Labor Day weekend.
And what are those people saying today?
They are still saying Labor Day weekend show. Who in the area would not want to hit a two Buffett shows in a summer? I know I would and will be if he plays Alpine. If not, I guess the Target Field show will be it for me this year.
tropicalmindset
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

Let's hope your reliable sources are right. Gonna pass on Wrigley and hope for Alpine. I've been to a concert every year since the 2012 Lounging at the Lagoon Tour
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
packerfan
Favorite Buffett Song: Brown eye girl
Number of Concerts: 13

Post by packerfan »

My husband and I are "Wisconsin Parriotheads" along with family members that have attended all of Buffett's concerts at Alpine since the beginning HOWEVER we missed our first concert the year he came on Labor Day 2 years ago. All I can say is who is the marketing person for Jimmy? The fact that they schedule a Labor Day concert in Wisconsin itself is crazy and out of touch with your fans, as anyone that lives in Wisconsin knows that Labor day is a weekend that people have alot of plans that almost always include "going up north" as summer is so short here and this is the last long summer weekend. Knowing that doesn't surprise me and was a given that the attendance was down that year and that they announced the concert so late added to that. If a concert is scheduled again for Labor Day already 6 of our group are out. Another reason is I am hearing people saying that Buffett is becoming more focused on the all mighty dollar and is out of touch with his fans and seem to be snubbing his loyal fans . Alpine always supported Jimmy and to pick Wiggly over Alpine would also be sad because Alpine is trying to get back up and running. All Parriot heads know that the opening act begins in the parking lot and there is no better place then Alpine Valley. Refuse to go to Chicago/Wriggly for any concert. Staying positive with cooler packed for some concert news.
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

If there is no intention of an Alpine date this year it would be considerate and kind for Jimmy or his PR people to just let us know so we can go ahead and begin planning our summer. An announcement of such would at least show some empathy for the fans in the area that have supported his visits to SE Wisconsin over the last 20+ years.
I'm sure with the Wrigley announcement that the decision has already been made one way or another.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
stefanhoffman
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: We are the people & 12 volt man
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark Rum

Post by stefanhoffman »

Has Jimmy ever released a full tour schedule at once? There must be a reason why he only releases 1-2 dates a week, but it makes it difficult to plan summer holidays. Hopefully an Alpine date gets announced shortly.
Covingtonfire
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Margaritaville
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Any mixed drink

Post by Covingtonfire »

Well, I agree with your thoughts on Jimmy posting his concerts sometimes late. People want to know no later than the end of February so we can plan our summer vacation.. I have classmate that moved from Northern Kentucky where I live, to near Green Bay. She said summers are short up where she lives. So come on Jimmy, get you planners off their ass and put out the dates.
RumFan
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by RumFan »

Anyone hearing anything if Alpine is still a even remote possibility? Or is Wrigley killing any chance of that happening?
When life hands you limes..make Margaritas!!
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

Sadly our group of about 24 is moving ahead as if Wrigley has "stolen" the Alpine show. We haven't heard anything since the Wrigley announcement to think otherwise. None of our flock has any intention of going to Wrigley for the show. I'm going to guess that most of those that do Alpine annually do not automatically go to Wrigley when it hijacks the region.
If in the "snowballs chance in hell" that there is both an Alpine and Wrigley show he better announce soonish as people are starting to move ahead and make other plans for those few summer weekends we have in the upper midwest.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
tropicalmindset
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango

wiscoleeds1 wrote: February 7, 2018 9:24 am Sadly our group of about 24 is moving ahead as if Wrigley has "stolen" the Alpine show. We haven't heard anything since the Wrigley announcement to think otherwise. None of our flock has any intention of going to Wrigley for the show. I'm going to guess that most of those that do Alpine annually do not automatically go to Wrigley when it hijacks the region.
If in the "snowballs chance in hell" that there is both an Alpine and Wrigley show he better announce soonish as people are starting to move ahead and make other plans for those few summer weekends we have in the upper midwest.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
Mplsfins is saying that his source is still saying Labor Day weekend. My group as well as no intention of going to Wrigley. It almost seems as if Jimmy is waiting to see how the Wrigley show does before he starts announcing more tour dates
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
packerfan
Favorite Buffett Song: Brown eye girl
Number of Concerts: 13

Post by packerfan »

Well.

Then if that stands for Alpine on Labor Day our entire group who has gone every year except last Labor Day concert is out

To be honest the group is getting bad taste in mouth about how it appears it is all about the all mighty dollar. Our group has no interest in any Wiggly concert.

Group is not happy and we have spent a lot of money in past and feel like there is no loyalty back

Maybe that is why attendance is down

Signed

Spending money elsewhere
zedagyrl
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 52
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark

Post by zedagyrl »

Alpine historically is ALWAYS one of the very last concerts announced. We rarely get an announcement until April if not even May. I wouldn't rule out anything until then.

if you listen to any of the Gypsies in the Palace podcasts they always talk about how much EVERYONE including Jimmy loves Alpine. It is still early and I for one am keeping hope that we get a labor day weekend show!
I am gonna live my life like a song.....
tropicalmindset

The only issue with that is that when Jimmy waits until April/May to announce if we get an Alpine show this year, plus with it possibly being Labor Day weekend, many people have plans for that weekend at that point, which results in lower attendance
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
Knowsall
Favorite Buffett Song: Only Time Will Tell
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Knowsall »

maybe he is waiting to see the Demand for the Wrigley show and if another concert that close is needed. So you see if all of you Cry Babies forgo the Wrigley Concert it will show they do not need to add a Alpine show. The Wrigley show sounds like a great Summer weekend in Chicago, the taste of Chicago is that weekend.
Knowsall

Post by Knowsall »

Be happy you spoiled Brats that you still have the opportunity to see Buffett in concert as he is getting older, great bands from the 60s 70s are all dying off or retiring from touring altogether.
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

Knowsall wrote: February 8, 2018 12:52 am Be happy you spoiled Brats that you still have the opportunity to see Buffett in concert as he is getting older, great bands from the 60s 70s are all dying off or retiring from touring altogether.
Does someone need a hug?
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
tropicalmindset

Knowsall wrote: February 8, 2018 12:52 am Be happy you spoiled Brats that you still have the opportunity to see Buffett in concert as he is getting older, great bands from the 60s 70s are all dying off or retiring from touring altogether.
Ok newbie, there's no place for that in this forum. This is a happy place, go be a negative nelly somewhere else.

If you really think that someone who wants to get their summer planned out is a spoiled brat, well, you must be tons of fun at tailgates.

Also, if you really thing Wrigley is a good Buffett venue, and you like over priced food and drinks, crowded bars and no tailgating, then go have a great time. From experience last year, I can say Alpine is a better venue then Wrigley will ever be for concerts.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
Knowsall

Post by Knowsall »

Um What? Negative nelly,Newbie? I am not the one complaining about overpriced Drinks,overcrowded bars and no tailgating and all the rest of the comments on this thread about Wrigley and the way ticketing was set up for the Red Rocks show 2 summers ago . Trust me Dude I know where the best places to see shows are I went to all the Buffett and Dead Shows at Red Rocks and Alpine Valley in the 80s 90s and 00s

is this a contradiction of being negative or what

quote "over priced food and drinks, crowded bars and no tailgating"

Do not go to any shows do something else then, If you belong to this thread pretty sure you will be going to the shows that are offered to you
tropicalmindset

Knowsall wrote: February 8, 2018 12:10 pm Um What? Negative nelly,Newbie? I am not the one complaining about overpriced Drinks,overcrowded bars and no tailgating and all the rest of the comments on this thread about Wrigley and the way ticketing was set up for the Red Rocks show 2 summers ago . Trust me Dude I know where the best places to see shows are I went to all the Buffett and Dead Shows at Red Rocks and Alpine Valley in the 80s 90s and 00s

is this a contradiction of being negative or what

quote "over priced food and drinks, crowded bars and no tailgating"

Do not go to any shows do something else then, If you belong to this thread pretty sure you will be going to the shows that are offered to you
First of all, you are being negative, and your rank on this forum is newbie.

Second, I was simply stating facts from last year's Buffett Show at Wrigley. If you know anything about Chicago, you would know it is a very bad time of year to have a concert there. In addition to Buffett, there is the Taste going on, like you mentioned. Also the Windy City Smoke Out event going on as well.

If you feel like being a troll, please go do it somewhere else, and not here.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Knowsall wrote: February 8, 2018 12:10 pm the way ticketing was set up for the Red Rocks show 2 summers ago . Trust me Dude I know where the best places to see shows are I went to all the Buffett and Dead Shows at Red Rocks and Alpine Valley in the 80s 90s and 00s

Ahem. We went to the Red Rocks show in 2016, and it was great. Never been to Alpine Valley, but why argue with folks who enjoy it? And um, I'm not sure that anyone here "belong" to a thread.

Chill out. Folks here have been on BN for many years, and tho you may not agree on their opinions, they are entitled to their feelings regarding venues and such.

Calling people "spoiled brats" doesn't exactly endear people to agree with your comments.
tropicalmindset

SMLCHNG wrote: February 8, 2018 11:15 pm
Knowsall wrote: February 8, 2018 12:10 pm the way ticketing was set up for the Red Rocks show 2 summers ago . Trust me Dude I know where the best places to see shows are I went to all the Buffett and Dead Shows at Red Rocks and Alpine Valley in the 80s 90s and 00s

Ahem. We went to the Red Rocks show in 2016, and it was great. Never been to Alpine Valley, but why argue with folks who enjoy it? And um, I'm not sure that anyone here "belong" to a thread.

Chill out. Folks here have been on BN for many years, and tho you may not agree on their opinions, they are entitled to their feelings regarding venues and such.

Calling people "spoiled brats" doesn't exactly endear people to agree with your comments.

Thank you!!!

Fins up!
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley