Who's Going to Pittsburgh 7/7/18??

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Who's Going to Pittsburgh 7/7/18??

Post by bodypainter »

Fineas wrote: February 14, 2018 7:44 am
bodypainter wrote: February 13, 2018 8:13 pm
Fineas wrote: February 13, 2018 5:59 pm How does the bus work and where is the pick up?
The Steel City Fins rent the buses based on paid reservations. The boarding spots are at 2 hotels, Holiday Inn Express(airport) and Doubletree.This is based on what I know as of now. Departure time is based on the time we are allowed into the venue which is earlier than anyone else.Departure from the venue is early as well. We don't sit in traffic.The buses have large storage areas for standard tailgate stuff including pop ups.The price of the bus is woth it.Buffett News pholks are staying at HIX with a pre concert pool partythe night before. Rooms are going fast. Join the party!
Is everyone responsible for their tailgate food and drink or is there a club coordinated tailgate that we can pay for?
The club only gets the buses. You bring everything you want for tailgating.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Fineas
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by Fineas »

bodypainter wrote: February 14, 2018 9:51 am
Fineas wrote: February 13, 2018 5:59 pm How does the bus work and where is the pick up?
The Steel City Fins rent the buses based on paid reservations. The boarding spots are at 2 hotels, Holiday Inn Express(airport) and Doubletree.This is based on what I know as of now. Departure time is based on the time we are allowed into the venue which is earlier than anyone else.Departure from the venue is early as well. We don't sit in traffic.The buses have large storage areas for standard tailgate stuff including pop ups.The price of the bus is woth it.Buffett News pholks are staying at HIX with a pre concert pool partythe night before. Rooms are going fast. Join the party!
Is everyone responsible for their tailgate food and drink or is there a club coordinated tailgate that we can pay for?
2 more questions:

1. How does one reserve a spot on a bus?
2. Just verifying the hotel: Holiday Inn Express 5311 Campbells Run Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, correct?
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

Fineas wrote: February 14, 2018 12:13 pm
bodypainter wrote: February 14, 2018 9:51 am
2 more questions:

1. How does one reserve a spot on a bus?
2. Just verifying the hotel: Holiday Inn Express 5311 Campbells Run Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, correct?
The bus reservation will be posted here and on the SCF FB page.The club is very accommodating with getting everyone a seat. That is the right HIX. Ask for the Buffettman rate. It is around 89$
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

I think there may be a little confusion here, even with myself having Pittsburgh friends both on BN as well as in the Parrothead Club.

Maybe one of the veteran Pittsburghers on here can correct me if I'm wrong(and I very well may be), but I was under the impression that the Holiday Inn Express Airport/Tom Watt Pre-Show party/buses event was completely separate from the Steel City Fins PHC Hotel(normally Greentree)/Pre-Show party/Buses event and that it's only the Steel City Fins buses which(no guarantees) MAY get early entry in to the venue. Is this correct? Or is it that the two parties themselves are separate but everyone meets and buses/caravans in together from both events?
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

WVParrothead wrote: February 14, 2018 4:03 pm I think there may be a little confusion here, even with myself having Pittsburgh friends both on BN as well as in the Parrothead Club.

Maybe one of the veteran Pittsburghers on here can correct me if I'm wrong(and I very well may be), but I was under the impression that the Holiday Inn Express Airport/Tom Watt Pre-Show party/buses event was completely separate from the Steel City Fins PHC Hotel(normally Greentree)/Pre-Show party/Buses event and that it's only the Steel City Fins buses which(no guarantees) MAY get early entry in to the venue. Is this correct? Or is it that the two parties themselves are separate but everyone meets and buses/caravans in together from both events?
Yep. This party is a separate event as best I know, but I believe buses will load from both. A lot of Finzers have gone to HIX before. We.re all going there ,Jamie. Join us!
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

bodypainter wrote: February 14, 2018 4:16 pm
WVParrothead wrote: February 14, 2018 4:03 pm I think there may be a little confusion here, even with myself having Pittsburgh friends both on BN as well as in the Parrothead Club.

Yep. This party is a separate event as best I know, but I believe buses will load from both. A lot of Finzers have gone to HIX before. We.re all going there ,Jamie. Join us!
I did book a Holiday inn Express room but I just wanted to clarify the (possible) early entry part as that obviously is important. Either way, I'll definitely be seeing everyone there.
Last edited by WVParrothead on February 14, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

If history repeats itself the buses are at both hotels. They “catch up” with each other and all go into the venue together.
Each hotel has its own pool party.
Each hotel has its own policy on BYOB and food for the pool party.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

I just heard from a Finzer in charge of buses a few years back. He told me 4 buses at HIX and 10$ for the pool party.
karat
Lester Polyester
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Post by karat »

Okay here is the scoop

We do not have anything concrete about the buses yet! The Tom Watt Party is separate from the Steel City Fins Party. IF you would like to secure a room, then get one at the Holiday Inn Express/Airport (Tom Watt Party), you can always cancel and move over to the other party. There should always be free cancellation up to a certain date.

Bus rate in the past has been between $20-25 per person. Pick-up MAY be at two hotels. We have done this in the past.

There can and will always be change, you never know! Join The Pittsburgh Steel City Fins Facebook page to follow along! I hope this helps a bit.
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

karat wrote: February 14, 2018 8:21 pm Okay here is the scoop

We do not have anything concrete about the buses yet! The Tom Watt Party is separate from the Steel City Fins Party. IF you would like to secure a room, then get one at the Holiday Inn Express/Airport (Tom Watt Party), you can always cancel and move over to the other party. There should always be free cancellation up to a certain date.

Bus rate in the past has been between $20-25 per person. Pick-up MAY be at two hotels. We have done this in the past.

There can and will always be change, you never know! Join The Pittsburgh Steel City Fins Facebook page to follow along! I hope this helps a bit.
[smilie=coolup.gif]
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
warmsugar
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Budlite Lime

Post by warmsugar »

Tom Watt...The Buffettman's pool party is where I'll be. Hotel & night before pool party plans are in place since 2 days after announcement. Got my poolside room. Now we just have to wait.....
warmsugar
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Budlite Lime

Post by warmsugar »

Mike Madigan runs buses from both hotel so we all meet up to enter together along with the carvan people. Yes there are 2 separate night before parties. Tom Watt was doing his thing for 19 or 20 yrs now..there have been times when both parties combined themselves. HIX allows your own food & drinks to be brought poolside & has free breakfast. Tom's party plans got into place 2 days after concert announcement. Whatever you chose we all meet to tailgate :D
karat
Lester Polyester
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Post by karat »

Show some love to the club too
warmsugar wrote: February 15, 2018 9:56 am

Mike Madigan runs buses from both hotel so we all meet up to enter together along with the carvan people. Yes there are 2 separate night before parties. Tom Watt was doing his thing for 19 or 20 yrs now..there have been times when both parties combined themselves. HIX allows your own food & drinks to be brought poolside & has free breakfast. Tom's party plans got into place 2 days after concert announcement. Whatever you chose we all meet to tailgate :D
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

The Steel City Fins Club ROCKS !!!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
mike6981
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by mike6981 »

I sure hope they open up earlier then 2:00 or 3:00 this year.
yes i'm a pirate.....200 yrs too late :pirate:
V-town Fin Truck
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller High Life!

Post by V-town Fin Truck »

Anyone ever stay at any of the nearby campgrounds? I have never been to the Pittsburgh show, so other then reading through this thread, I am not familiar with all the goings-on. Debating between this and Cinci while I hope for a Detroit date to show up.
karat
Lester Polyester

Post by karat »

V-town Fin Truck wrote: February 16, 2018 9:17 am Anyone ever stay at any of the nearby campgrounds? I have never been to the Pittsburgh show, so other then reading through this thread, I am not familiar with all the goings-on. Debating between this and Cinci while I hope for a Detroit date to show up.
There is one not far from the venue. Look up raccoon state park
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

V-town Fin Truck wrote: February 16, 2018 9:17 am Anyone ever stay at any of the nearby campgrounds? I have never been to the Pittsburgh show, so other then reading through this thread, I am not familiar with all the goings-on. Debating between this and Cinci while I hope for a Detroit date to show up.
Bennet's Acres is a campground a few miles north of the venue off rte 18. I remember this place was suggested some time ago.
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Section 7, Row P, Seats 17-18

WOOHOO X 3
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

As I posted in the Camden thread, that was the WORST ticket buying experience I have EVER had!
I originally went to the Live Nation site and kept getting the error message for 40+ minutes.
Finally went to Ticketmaster & was able to get right through.

Sec 105 but front row of the section
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)