drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: Fenway 2018 (ugh)

Post by drunkpirate66 »

ScarletB wrote: February 25, 2018 9:10 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: February 25, 2018 9:28 am Please be The Chicken Box!!!!!
OK you picked the ONE thing I'd be able to get psyched about. I was looking at Airbnb's for ACK in OCTOBER and anything with even a beach view is ridiculously expensive. I used to be able to find really pretty nice places on Madaket or Sconset that wouldn't require a second mortgage - not anymore.
I have friends out on the island from back in the day when I used to work out there. I crash out there a few weekends each summer. Great parties and some really cool and sometimes famous people pop in. No, never Jimmy. BUT . . . The Chicken Box, as you know, is the place to be on any given summer night even if its a Monday at 1:30 am. Dive bar filled with millionaires (normal) and the occasional billionaire (not unheard of).

But yeah, you can't stay any place good out there any more unless you know someone or if you want to drop $275 a night to stay in some 150 year old house with bad plumbing that some online journal called "quaint" or "homey." I have a friend who has a regular house about a half mile walk from Nobadeer Beach. No cable tv - $12,000 rental in the summer. For a week. Yeah people pay it. And thats considered cheap. :lol: People are idiots.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote: February 25, 2018 9:32 am Hoping for Meadowbrook, it would sell out in a hot minute.
How far is Meadowbrook from Boston? if close , my guess is , he's not adding something in NE , until Fenway sells out or close to.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

About 90 min from Boston. Meadowbrook is also small, 9K seating capacity.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

BottleofRum wrote: February 26, 2018 10:49 am About 90 min from Boston. Meadowbrook is also small, 9K seating capacity.
GW hasn't been selling out, nowhere near, and Fenway isn't selling out.

I don't think Bangor sold out last year either, but they're still open for both Sat 8/11 and Sat 8/18. (Kenny Cheesney is playing there on 8/16. Tig could make a weekend of it. LOL)

Meadowbrook is smaller but it will sell out. Price tickets accordingly.

Can't believe that a Thursday Fenway show is it for all of New England. :-?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

What's capacity for GW?
I know last few years you guys have mentioned that nearing show date they've dropped the price in rear of pavilion. Even with that happening you guys haven't had complete sell outs?

We've seen that here at Pine Knob as well wherein they're dropping prices on the rear of pavilion closer to show date for Buffett & right off the get go for many other shows.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Dr.Corona wrote: February 26, 2018 12:07 pm What's capacity for GW?
Between 19K and 20K.

It would sell out for Jimmy but that added seats to the lawn that no one wants to sit in because they s*** and they cost is too high. If those seats were still lawn they would sell out immediately.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

lime rickie wrote: February 26, 2018 12:01 pm
BottleofRum wrote: February 26, 2018 10:49 am About 90 min from Boston. Meadowbrook is also small, 9K seating capacity.

I don't think Bangor sold out last year either, but they're still open for both Sat 8/11 and Sat 8/18. (Kenny Cheesney is playing there on 8/16. Tig could make a weekend of it. LOL)

There are still at least 2 more August shows to be announced based on the fact that the May and July tour legs have four shows each while August only has 2 at moment Tuesday August 7th is a possibility for maybe Jones Beach. Jimmy is in Bristow VA on 8/4 and Boston is 8/9 so a show at Jones Beach between Bristow and Boston makes sense with Jimmy heading up the East Coast from Virginia towards Boston. The next likely date after Boston is Saturday 8/11 Meadowbrook in NH is too small for Buffett show so a good guess for 8/11 might be either Bangor Maine or Xfinity Theatre (formally The Meadows) in Hartford. Jimmy has not played Hartford since 1999 and his last Connecticut show overall was a Mohegan Sun show in 2012.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

urlcenter wrote: February 26, 2018 12:18 pm

There are still at least 2 more August shows to be announced based on the fact that the May and July tour legs have four shows each while August only has 2 at moment Tuesday August 7th is a possibility for maybe Jones Beach. Jimmy is in Bristow VA on 8/4 and Boston is 8/9 so a show at Jones Beach between Bristow and Boston makes sense with Jimmy heading up the East Coast from Virginia towards Boston. The next likely date after Boston is Saturday 8/11 Meadowbrook in NH is too small for Buffett show so a good guess for 8/11 might be either Bangor Maine or Xfinity Theatre (formally The Meadows) in Hartford. Jimmy has not played Hartford since 1999 and his last Connecticut show overall was a Mohegan Sun show in 2012.
Hartford would make Tommy very happy.

Never been, how is the venue and the tailgating scene?

BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

lime rickie wrote: February 26, 2018 12:37 pm

I'd love it if he played at Meadowbrook. And Bangor did sellout, it was the largest attended show in that venue's history. Which doesn't go back that far. It was also the only show where they allowed public tailgating (drinking) and the only show they had zero arrests. They seat about 15K

I saw Jimmy in Hartford in 96 for one show it was similar to Great Woods but this was a long time ago so I have no idea how it is now. Back then he'd do Hartford then go to 4 shows at great woods all in the same week so it is a bit of a blur. I have heard traffic is now a nightmare coming and going to that place though. Also heard Buffett had a dispute with that venue the last time he played there which is why he has never returned.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Bangor capacity is 15,000. It's a haul to get up there and I personally wasn't feeling that place, YMMV.

Tanglewood is also 15k but no one seems to think they would tolerate a Buffett show.

Meadowbrook would be great. Sell out two nights in a row (Dave Matthews is playing two nights there this summer). Or sell out one night but price the tickets to make up for the 6000 seats.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Or, the Fenway show which will not sell out plus Meadowbrook on 8/11 = a full sold out show at a larger venue. :P

I wonder if I should be paying more attention to the conference call I'm on? :lol: :oops:

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Exactly why he wouldn't add a show. IF GW and Bangor didn't sell out , he's not going to add.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

I liked Bangor, it was different for sure. But I'm not sure I'd go back. The tailgating was good but different. But we had a great time.

Tanglewood would be interesting, I am not sure the city of Lennox would allow it though or if Tanglewood would want the Buffett madness taking over that area. They can actually get about 18K in that place, 5,100 in the shed and the rest on the lawn which is humongous. They have very limited concessions inside so they allow people to bring anything into the venue (coolers, tables, chairs, umbrellas booze, food etc..) onto the lawn that can be carried or wheeled in. Can you imagine people dragging portable bars, beach sand, flags... in! I have seen many shows there and it just doesn't strike me as a place Buffett would do a tour stop show unless it is a fundraiser/benefit type show with high ticket prices.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote: February 26, 2018 12:37 pm
urlcenter wrote: February 26, 2018 12:18 pm

i hate the location in Hartford , When they had the Jai Alai lot , tailgating was great. It's now a car dealership. Never been in the main lot , pretty small. Some tailgate at the Red Roof in lot , and there are a bunch of smaller lots. Other then the main lot , there is a cost to park. I can't remember the last time I've been to the meadows. If he does come there though. I have a friend who is head of security there. So i could get more info from him . I would of much rather seen him come to Rentchalear Field where UCONN plays. Huge lot , great for tailgating. I saw Springsteen there years ago.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: February 26, 2018 1:37 pm I liked Bangor, it was different for sure. But I'm not sure I'd go back. The tailgating was good but different. But we had a great time.

Tanglewood would be interesting, I am not sure the city of Lennox would allow it though or if Tanglewood would want the Buffett madness taking over that area. They can actually get about 18K in that place, 5,100 in the shed and the rest on the lawn which is humongous. They have very limited concessions inside so they allow people to bring anything into the venue (coolers, tables, chairs, umbrellas booze, food etc..) onto the lawn that can be carried or wheeled in. Can you imagine people dragging portable bars, beach sand, flags... in! I have seen many shows there and it just doesn't strike me as a place Buffett would do a tour stop show unless it is a fundraiser/benefit type show with high ticket prices.
I'd love to see it , but i'm not sure Tanglewood is ready for Buffett. The shows i've been to there are a lot different atmosphere. I think if it's left after what the lot at GW looks like is an idication. It's not happening.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

^^
Only difference is once you're in Tanglewood you can't leave and go back to your car unless you buy a new ticket so you need to bring in everything you need for the day. I just cant see it happening at Tanglewood though. This is what a typical Tanglewood lawn looks like for their shows.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

I can bring nice linens and china. :D

tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: February 26, 2018 1:54 pm I can bring nice linens and china. :D
I'll be your NB :D
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

TommyBahama wrote: February 26, 2018 1:41 pm I'd love to see it , but i'm not sure Tanglewood is ready for Buffett. The shows i've been to there are a lot different atmosphere. I think if it's left after what the lot at GW looks like is an idication. It's not happening.
Went to JB for the 1st time last year & I have to say that the mess left in the lot was horrible & embarrassing. I have never seen GW look like JB did. I posted in that thread of the occupants of a rental uhaul truck who left behind a couch, loveseat & end tables. :evil:
I don't think they even went into the show.
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

BottleofRum wrote: February 26, 2018 1:48 pm ^^
Only difference is once you're in Tanglewood you can't leave and go back to your car unless you buy a new ticket so you need to bring in everything you need for the day. I just cant see it happening at Tanglewood though. This is what a typical Tanglewood lawn looks like for their shows.

The only time I've ever seen anything like that was at a polo match at Bethpage State Park on Long Island.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here