God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Fenway 2018 (ugh)

Post by lime rickie »

LIPH wrote: February 26, 2018 3:29 pm
BottleofRum wrote: February 26, 2018 1:48 pm ^^
Only difference is once you're in Tanglewood you can't leave and go back to your car unless you buy a new ticket so you need to bring in everything you need for the day. I just cant see it happening at Tanglewood though. This is what a typical Tanglewood lawn looks like for their shows.

The only time I've ever seen anything like that was at a polo match at Bethpage State Park on Long Island.
There are a couple of equestrian events in NJ like that, too. I've no doubt the BN crew can class the place up.

Anyone have a candelabra?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

lime rickie wrote: February 26, 2018 3:33 pm Anyone have a candelabra?
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 26, 2018 3:01 pm
lime rickie wrote: February 26, 2018 1:54 pm I can bring nice linens and china. :D
I'll be your NB :D
[smilie=coolup.gif]

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 26, 2018 3:24 pm
TommyBahama wrote: February 26, 2018 1:41 pm I'd love to see it , but i'm not sure Tanglewood is ready for Buffett. The shows i've been to there are a lot different atmosphere. I think if it's left after what the lot at GW looks like is an idication. It's not happening.
Went to JB for the 1st time last year & I have to say that the mess left in the lot was horrible & embarrassing. I have never seen GW look like JB did. I posted in that thread of the occupants of a rental uhaul truck who left behind a couch, loveseat & end tables. :evil:
I don't think they even went into the show.
This is a great point, Tommy, and it's why we can't have nice things. A few sphincters ruin things for the rest of us. :evil:

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I just checked stub hub, hundreds of good tickets available below face value. $120 tickets ($96 face + $24 in fees) face value seats are selling for $65-$80 a piece.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: February 28, 2018 12:13 pm I just checked stub hub, hundreds of good tickets available below face value. $120 tickets ($96 face + $24 in fees) face value seats are selling for $65-$80 a piece.
So if the tickets get cheaper , i'm guessing you , and Jon will be at Fenway.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Like I said here or on Facebook. The week or so before the show if prices are cheap, like $50 range I'd consider it but I'm not making plans to be there. In year's past the Buffett GW weekend would be blacked out on my calendar this year I'll just see how the summer unfolds. If he adds Jones beach around that same week I won't do both, I'd just go to Jones Beach.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

I’m out. No interest.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

drunkpirate66 wrote: February 25, 2018 9:56 pm
ScarletB wrote: February 25, 2018 9:10 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: February 25, 2018 9:28 am Please be The Chicken Box!!!!!
OK you picked the ONE thing I'd be able to get psyched about. I was looking at Airbnb's for ACK in OCTOBER and anything with even a beach view is ridiculously expensive. I used to be able to find really pretty nice places on Madaket or Sconset that wouldn't require a second mortgage - not anymore.
I have friends out on the island from back in the day when I used to work out there. I crash out there a few weekends each summer. Great parties and some really cool and sometimes famous people pop in. No, never Jimmy. BUT . . . The Chicken Box, as you know, is the place to be on any given summer night even if its a Monday at 1:30 am. Dive bar filled with millionaires (normal) and the occasional billionaire (not unheard of).

But yeah, you can't stay any place good out there any more unless you know someone or if you want to drop $275 a night to stay in some 150 year old house with bad plumbing that some online journal called "quaint" or "homey." I have a friend who has a regular house about a half mile walk from Nobadeer Beach. No cable tv - $12,000 rental in the summer. For a week. Yeah people pay it. And thats considered cheap. :lol: People are idiots.
The last time I rented there was about 2010 I think. Tiny little place in Codfish Park in Sconset, right across from the beach. $3000 for a week. Can't even get that anymore.There is another place in Madaket right next door to where that house literally broke up and fell into the ocean - that used to be $2500 for the week - not anymore. Both great spots but I had to draw the line somewhere. Last time I was there I stayed at a small Inn right in town. Which was nice but I missed having a car and being able to go to Bartletts and pick up stuff for dinner and to Sayles for a take out lobster dinner. I miss it.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

When did Jimmy playing Fenway Park become such a negative? I don't understand i guess. If you don't want to pay the ticket prices, bar tabs, and your only focus is the tailgate for shows then just don't go lol. I get that people are upset cause GW is a yearly stop but honestly at the end of the day we should be happy that he is touring at all. He could easily just focus on Broadway right now and use that as an excuse. I would LOVE to go to the Fenway show because it seems like a pretty cool experience. 2004 seemed like it was a blast. I want to be able to look back twenty years from now and say "yeah, man I saw Jimmy at Fenway."

I guess my Landshark (yes, LIPH :) ) tends to be half full I guess.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. However, it just seems like everyone is focusing on negatives and I just wanted to try and bring a more positive POV to it :D
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

FinsUp6835 wrote: March 1, 2018 8:18 am When did Jimmy playing Fenway Park become such a negative? I don't understand i guess. If you don't want to pay the ticket prices, bar tabs, and your only focus is the tailgate for shows then just don't go lol. I get that people are upset cause GW is a yearly stop but honestly at the end of the day we should be happy that he is touring at all. He could easily just focus on Broadway right now and use that as an excuse. I would LOVE to go to the Fenway show because it seems like a pretty cool experience. 2004 seemed like it was a blast. I want to be able to look back twenty years from now and say "yeah, man I saw Jimmy at Fenway."

Everyone has a right to their opinion. However, it just seems like everyone is focusing on negatives and I just wanted to try and bring a more positive POV to it :D
All good points. Have fun!!!!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

When did Jimmy playing Fenway Park become such a negative? Something is better than nothing but Fenway is not a great place for him to play. Most like the whole Buffett summer concert experience with the tailgating, walking around the parking lots etc.... plus the cost, some fans just can't afford tickets at $125 each then add in you have to go to a bar if you want to do any pre-concert fun. Parking, transportation, hotel...

If you don't want to pay the ticket prices, bar tabs, and your only focus is the tailgate for shows then just don't go lol. It seems many are not going, ticket sales are as bad as the sales for the Wrigley show where they are now have a special, 4 tickets for $100. I'm sure a Fenway may follow suit soon. Buffett helped create the whole tailgating atmosphere so most go to the show for the tailgating and the music, if there is no tailgating then many may decided the ticket cost isn't worth it.

I get that people are upset cause GW is a yearly stop but honestly at the end of the day we should be happy that he is touring at all. He could easily just focus on Broadway right now and use that as an excuse. He needs to tour to help promote his Broadway show or it would fail. This is why his is making all sorts of new tour stops this year. NYC is one of the most, if not the most visited city in the world so this tour will prob be one big Broadway show infomercial. (If you're coming to NYC this summer we have a Broadway show for you, but wait there is more....you'll get to hear this new song) But I am happy that 25 years after I went to my 1st Buffet show as a 17 year old he is still touring.

I would LOVE to go to the Fenway show because it seems like a pretty cool experience. 2004 seemed like it was a blast. I want to be able to look back twenty years from now and say "yeah, man I saw Jimmy at Fenway." I went to both shows in 2004 and it was fun, it was also new. It was only the 2nd concert ever held at Fenway so it was different. We had a great time but not a place I'd want to see a concert again at the cost of the tickets right now. But you will have fun, def a unique experience and anyone who didn't go in 2004 should def go and have that experience.
Last edited by BottleofRum on March 1, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

FinsUp6835 wrote: March 1, 2018 8:18 am When did Jimmy playing Fenway Park become such a negative? I don't understand i guess. If you don't want to pay the ticket prices, bar tabs, and your only focus is the tailgate for shows then just don't go lol. I get that people are upset cause GW is a yearly stop but honestly at the end of the day we should be happy that he is touring at all. He could easily just focus on Broadway right now and use that as an excuse. I would LOVE to go to the Fenway show because it seems like a pretty cool experience. 2004 seemed like it was a blast. I want to be able to look back twenty years from now and say "yeah, man I saw Jimmy at Fenway."

There is a lot about stadium shows that make them lousy venues. The stage is so high that if you're on the field in close seats you have to look up to see it. The acoustics are terrible. If you sit in the stands you're far away. I went to Gillette one year and vowed I'd never do another stadium show. Although I AM going to see the Eagles with Jimmy in Florida because I want to see the Eagles and they aren't playing any other type of venue.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote: March 1, 2018 6:28 pm

There is a lot about stadium shows that make them lousy venues. The stage is so high that if you're on the field in close seats you have to look up to see it. The acoustics are terrible. If you sit in the stands you're far away. I went to Gillette one year and vowed I'd never do another stadium show. Although I AM going to see the Eagles with Jimmy in Florida because I want to see the Eagles and they aren't playing any other type of venue.
The Eagles just announced an October Hartford Date at the XL Center. So , if i decide to go , i can just see the Eagles. Would of loved to do Orlando with them as a double bill.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

TommyBahama wrote: March 2, 2018 8:39 am

The Eagles just announced an October Hartford Date at the XL Center. So , if i decide to go , i can just see the Eagles. Would of loved to do Orlando with them as a double bill.
Get ready to abuse your MOTM budget!!! They just announced a show in Detroit at the Little Caesars Arena.....$250 & up for anything other than top row or behind stage. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif] [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Yeah. I had good seats at Gilette that year and thought the audio was fine. I have seen Kenny Chesney every year in stadiums and when I don't buy lower bowl seating or better the sound SUCKS. I bought uppers one year and will never do that again for Stadium shows. I guess my major point was that it is special to see Jimmy in such a historic place and its a "cool" venue because its Fenway and Jimmy has such a rich Boston following. Acoustics, prices, and tailgates is a different argument and I can totally understand both sides. I can't make Fenway. I am a teacher and off in the summer but I also run three weeks of hockey camp and thats the one week I am actually working. Working N' Playin' :lol: Camden it is! Fins up!
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

TommyBahama wrote: March 2, 2018 8:39 am

The only reason it worked out for me is because I was planning on being in Florida anyway - my flight was covered by Jet Blue points and I have 2 free places to stay. Otherwise I'd be looking at other options to see them too!
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

It must be Darlings Waterfront in Bangor again. They still have nothing announced for 8/11.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

lime rickie wrote: March 5, 2018 6:32 pm It must be Darlings Waterfront in Bangor again. They still have nothing announced for 8/11.
It could be an Atlantic City Beach show. The AC Beach shows are still looking to announce a few major acts. Right now they only have Sam Hunt for July 1st. A few years ago when he played with G Love (amazing show) the beach sold out in a couple days. But, who knows!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Maybe both, 8/18 is also still open at Darlings.