Alpine Reopening

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

coralreefer
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Cuban Crime of Passion, False Echoes, Desdamona's Building a Rocket Sh
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: painkillers while sailing the BVIs

Re: Alpine Reopening

Post by coralreefer »

AlwaysRight00 wrote: February 28, 2018 1:48 pm Do you people just go to show's for the get together before? is the show is just a added bonus? If you want to go party so bad in Alpines parking lot why not buy Zac Brown or Dead and CO tickets.

You all need to know how the whole dedication thing works.

A couple of things first off it is not tailgating it is called the parking lot scene. Tailgating is something you do before a football game.

2nd supply and demand, you sell out the first announced shows quickly then you get more shows and the Privilege of seeing a show at Alpine.

You can not use the 8 year old mentality if I do not get what routine

Deadheads who made the whole parking lot scene before shows are laughing at the little dedication to the music most parro heads have and calling it tailgating.

Hello, hello, anybody home think McFly think.
Wrong. Thanks for playing. Idiot
tropicalmindset
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

Do we have any additional info for an Alpine show other then a rumor for Sept 1st?
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

Peter Mayer is scheduled to play Clear Lake, Iowa on September 1st according to his website so unless he can be in two places at one time I don't see the September 1st date happening.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
tropicalmindset
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango

Crap.

Starting to think we may be getting skipped this year
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

Wouldn't it be in Jimmy's best interest with regards to the Wrigley show to come right out and announce there is NO Alpine Valley show so for those AV few who might then buy tickets for Wrigley do so?
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
tropicalmindset

wiscoleeds1 wrote: March 7, 2018 2:08 pm Wouldn't it be in Jimmy's best interest with regards to the Wrigley show to come right out and announce there is NO Alpine Valley show so for those AV few who might then buy tickets for Wrigley do so?
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
That would make sense for Jimmy to do, because then Wrigley would sell faster. Unless, he does have a date planned for AV, so long as he sells "X" amount of tickets at Wrigley before he does two shows within a 100 mile radius between venues.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I don''t think Jimmy Buffett really even knows when or where he is playing this summer. His people book the tour based on the dates he says he is available. He is a commodity, I highly doubt he is obsessing over ticket sales for any venue. He has enough money to pay others to worry about that stuff.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

BottleofRum wrote: March 7, 2018 2:57 pm I don''t think Jimmy Buffett really even knows when or where he is playing this summer. His people book the tour based on the dates he says he is available. He is a commodity, I highly doubt he is obsessing over ticket sales for any venue. He has enough money to pay others to worry about that stuff.
I think, if you have time, you should do your scientific research (as you did with Jones Beach) to see if they will get their Alpine show.... [smilie=asa.gif]
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
tropicalmindset

tailgaitingph wrote: March 7, 2018 3:20 pm
BottleofRum wrote: March 7, 2018 2:57 pm I don''t think Jimmy Buffett really even knows when or where he is playing this summer. His people book the tour based on the dates he says he is available. He is a commodity, I highly doubt he is obsessing over ticket sales for any venue. He has enough money to pay others to worry about that stuff.
I think, if you have time, you should do your scientific research (as you did with Jones Beach) to see if they will get their Alpine show.... [smilie=asa.gif]
I tried doing my own research.

And came up with a website of www.alpinestaff.com for the AVMT staff that has a link to their calendar for the year, but unfortunately has not been updated yet
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
AlwaysRight00
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Stairway to Heaven
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by AlwaysRight00 »

by coralreefer » March 6, 2018 11:50 pm

Coralreefer, you better quit while you are a head and go back to the Kiddy table, this is adult talk and way out of your league.
wildcat
I have found me a home

Post by wildcat »

AlwaysRight00 wrote: March 8, 2018 12:54 am by coralreefer » March 6, 2018 11:50 pm

Coralreefer, you better quit while you are a head and go back to the Kiddy table, this is adult talk and way out of your league.

Last edited by wildcat on March 8, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tropicalmindset

AlwaysRight00 wrote: March 8, 2018 12:54 am by coralreefer » March 6, 2018 11:50 pm

Here is a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
AlwaysRight00
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Stairway to Heaven
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by AlwaysRight00 »

Oh, really I voiced my opinion on people complaining about no show at Alpine and the Wrigley show and it is about the music not the Parking lot scene/Tailgating and I get called Idiot and not a ture buffett fan, threatened to be kicked off this site for voicing my opinion. You are calling me the the pot calling the kettle black?

all those comments you all need to take the frustration of no alpine show out on something or someone else else

Keep it up, I would recommend you not do so.
shakes2070
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by shakes2070 »

AlwaysRight00 wrote: March 10, 2018 3:27 am Oh, really I voiced my opinion on people complaining about no show at Alpine and the Wrigley show and it is about the music not the Parking lot scene/Tailgating and I get called Idiot and not a ture buffett fan, threatened to be kicked off this site for voicing my opinion. You are calling me the the pot calling the kettle black?

all those comments you all need to take the frustration of no alpine show out on something or someone else else

Why are you posting anything? You’ve added zero to the discussion. Please find another site to troll. Thanks
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

AlwaysRight00 wrote: March 10, 2018 3:27 am Oh, really I voiced my opinion on people complaining about no show at Alpine and the Wrigley show and it is about the music not the Parking lot scene/Tailgating and I get called Idiot and not a ture buffett fan, threatened to be kicked off this site for voicing my opinion. You are calling me the the pot calling the kettle black?

That sounds like a threat. Just stop.
You are entitled to your opinion, which you have voiced (several times) but you are becoming nasty & it's not necessary.
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

This is a JIMMY BUFFETT website, discussing his concerts and shows. It's quite appropriate to comment frustrations HERE.
Keep it up, I would recommend you not do so. Exactly what does this mean?
coralreefer
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Cuban Crime of Passion, False Echoes, Desdamona's Building a Rocket Sh
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: painkillers while sailing the BVIs

Post by coralreefer »

*ahead*

Once again, wrong. Once again, thanks for playing. Maybe you should change your monicker to AlwaysWrong :roll:

wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

Best thing you ever saw at a Jimmy show at Alpine Valley and hope to see this year?
The ambulance giving margaritas via a drip bag while you laid on a gurney.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
tropicalmindset

Best thing I ever saw? Has to be the year Jimmy did the "Cheesecakes" version of Fruitcakes

What I hope to see this year? Jimmy on Stage
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
tropicalmindset

Just got an email from Live Nation confirming that there will be one more show announced at Alpine this summer.

Would not confirm who, but think we all know who it is. I'm gonna go out and say August 25th instead of Labor Day
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley