Moderator: SMLCHNG

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: Fenway 2018 (ugh)

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: April 3, 2018 10:17 am Pretty late in the year to not hear about any other NE show.

Meadowbrook is still open, Jimmy! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
If this happens (my phins are still crossed), you totally get all the credit! :pirate:
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Meadowbrook is out for 8/11. Bangor is still open.

Have New England dates ever been released this late? Maybe they're still hoping to drive Fenway sales.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

lime rickie wrote: April 16, 2018 11:06 am Meadowbrook is out for 8/11. Bangor is still open.

Have New England dates ever been released this late? Maybe they're still hoping to drive Fenway sales.
He played at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut in November in both 2008 and 2009 so those date were probably not announced until May both years
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I think at this point in mid-April the chances of any summer shows being added in a big venues are slim. Fenway Park is not even close to being sold out and on the secondary market at StubHub there are hundreds of seats available below $100 which is well below the cheapest face Value ticket. I guess Bangor, Maine is a possibility because he did play there in the past and it did sell it out and August 11th is open but you'd think that show would have been announced by now. When he played there in 2016 they announced it on February 4th.

He may opt to do a few shows around the August dates in smaller venues like a House of Blues type show. Not necessary at a House of Blues but at a smaller venue or two in the northeast/area. Or he may just take the days off and use it to be around his musical and take part/promote that show.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”