Wrigley Field 2018

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

wildcat
I have found me a home

Re: Wrigley Field 2018

Post by wildcat »

I'm surprised Wrigley and the United Center, Northerly Island and other venues within Chicago are still getting a large amount of concerts as in January Chicago passed a huge entertainment tax increase for any venues over 1,500 people.
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

wildcat wrote: February 25, 2018 5:52 pm I'm surprised Wrigley and the United Center, Northerly Island and other venues within Chicago are still getting a large amount of concerts as in January Chicago passed a huge entertainment tax increase for any venues over 1,500 people.
Umm...It's Wrigley. Hard pressed to find a more historic venue.
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
AlwaysRight00
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Stairway to Heaven
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by AlwaysRight00 »

All the new arenas ballparks and the upgrades to the old ones they need cash to pay for it so they out bid the cool Amphitheaters of the 80s and 90s

Alpine Valley,Shoreline, Cal Expo,Sand Stone,Deer Creek, The George, Pine Knob etc the places where you could have a parking lot /tailgate scene

He stopped playing Red Rocks in the 80s to play lame Fiddlers Green in the 90s who has a lights out by 10pm and noise ordinance. I assume he Quit playing fiddlers due to they will unplug your ass and turn the lights up in the middle of a song if you go past that 10 pm curfew
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

AlwaysRight00 wrote: February 26, 2018 11:16 am He stopped playing Red Rocks in the 80s to play lame Fiddlers Green in the 90s who has a lights out by 10pm and noise ordinance. I assume he Quit playing fiddlers due to they will unplug your ass and turn the lights up in the middle of a song if you go past that 10 pm curfew
It's actually a 10:30 curfew, and they don't automatically turn on the lights. We've enjoyed several concerts there over the years. And he finally played Red Rocks (which is a small venue) in 2016.
AlwaysRight00
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Stairway to Heaven
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by AlwaysRight00 »

seriously are you some kind of douche bag with this comment with this comment? Lets get technically because that half our is so crucial, Many shows have been played there where they stop the show right in the middle of a performance or give the musicians a big fine for play past the curfew. Fiddles green sucks you can not even here the music sitting on the green over the people talking that how low the volume they have it

Yea like in the Middle of October that 2016 red rocks show ,Hardly the weather for a out door concerts what was like may 60 degrees at that show,
tropicalmindset
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

AlwaysRight00 wrote: February 27, 2018 2:48 pm seriously are you some kind of douche bag with this comment with this comment? Lets get technically because that half our is so crucial, Many shows have been played there where they stop the show right in the middle of a performance or give the musicians a big fine for play past the curfew. Fiddles green sucks you can not even here the music sitting on the green over the people talking that how low the volume they have it

Yea like in the Middle of October that 2016 red rocks show ,Hardly the weather for a out door concerts what was like may 60 degrees at that show,

Are you trying to get yourself kicked from this forum?
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

AlwaysRight00 wrote: February 27, 2018 2:48 pm seriously are you some kind of douche bag with this comment with this comment? Lets get technically because that half our is so crucial, Many shows have been played there where they stop the show right in the middle of a performance or give the musicians a big fine for play past the curfew. Fiddles green sucks you can not even here the music sitting on the green over the people talking that how low the volume they have it

And you have to make comments like this back?? Wow. I was simply adding facts to your post. And the weather for that October concert was almost 75. It was perfect.
shakes2070
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by shakes2070 »

Red Rocks show was awesome followed two days later by Vegas. One of my best weekends ever😎
tropicalmindset
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

Just checked to see how sales are doing for the show, and now they added a "4 pack" ticket option.

4 tickets for just under $25 a piece :o :o :o
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
PeoriaTom
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by PeoriaTom »

tropicalmindset wrote: February 28, 2018 10:17 am Just checked to see how sales are doing for the show, and now they added a "4 pack" ticket option.

Good, maybe fewer posters will b**** now?
Past Concerts:
Saturday 6/28/2003 - East Troy, WI
Tuesday 4/17/2012 - Des Moines, IA
Saturday 7/25/2016 - Tinley Park, IL
Saturday 7/15/2017 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)
Tuesday 5/22/2018 - Des Moines, IA
Friday 7/13/2018 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)

Upcoming:
Saturday 7/20 - Alpine Valley!
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

^
Buffettnews has always been about posting/sharing/opining the good and bad, the positive and negative, the pluses and minus of all things Jimmy Buffett. If someone is unhappy (bitching) with a concert venue and they want to blow some steam off this is the place to do it.. if someone is happy about a concert venue and the want to express their joy this is the place to do it..if someone likes/doesn't like the set list/song/opening act this is the place to do it..

You're new here but this is how this place is and always has been.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

BottleofRum wrote: February 28, 2018 12:04 pm ^
Buffettnews has always been about posting/sharing/opining the good and bad, the positive and negative, the pluses and minus of all things Jimmy Buffett. If someone is unhappy (bitching) with a concert venue and they want to blow some steam off this is the place to do it.. if someone is happy about a concert venue and the want to express their joy this is the place to do it..if someone likes/doesn't like the set list/song/opening act this is the place to do it..

[smilie=coolup.gif]
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

BottleofRum wrote: February 28, 2018 12:04 pm ^

Well put B.O.R.
If you're not a fan you most likely wouldn't have come across this site.....so playing the "you're not a Buffett fan if you have a gripe" card doesn't hold any water IMO. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
PeoriaTom
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown

Post by PeoriaTom »

^ Didn't mean to offend anyone, much less question anyone's fandom; I know we're all Parrotheads! :) I was surprised by the Wrigley move myself, and I would have preferred Alpine this year. However, I did have fun last year, and we have a fun plan for this year; hopin' it works out!!

There have been suspicions of bad ticket sales, but do you guys think that will continue if they're forced to lower price? If so, what do you guys predict for final attendance?? I'd think anything less than 30,000 would look really bad, and this is my girlfriend's first Buffett experience. I'd hate for it to be anything less than a blast! I'm still hopeful that they'll scramble to fill it as it gets closer and eventually fill in the stadium. Here's to hoping!
Past Concerts:
Saturday 6/28/2003 - East Troy, WI
Tuesday 4/17/2012 - Des Moines, IA
Saturday 7/25/2016 - Tinley Park, IL
Saturday 7/15/2017 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)
Tuesday 5/22/2018 - Des Moines, IA
Friday 7/13/2018 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field)

Upcoming:
Saturday 7/20 - Alpine Valley!
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

PeoriaTom wrote: March 7, 2018 6:18 pm ^ Didn't mean to offend anyone, much less question anyone's fandom; I know we're all Parrotheads! :) I was surprised by the Wrigley move myself, and I would have preferred Alpine this year. However, I did have fun last year, and we have a fun plan for this year; hopin' it works out!!

There have been suspicions of bad ticket sales, but do you guys think that will continue if they're forced to lower price? If so, what do you guys predict for final attendance?? I'd think anything less than 30,000 would look really bad, and this is my girlfriend's first Buffett experience. I'd hate for it to be anything less than a blast! I'm still hopeful that they'll scramble to fill it as it gets closer and eventually fill in the stadium. Here's to hoping!
Alpine Valley is rumored for Labor Day Weekend although this remains unconfirmed
Hendo23
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Hendo23 »

It was posted in the Alpine thread that Peter Mayer is playing in Iowa on September 1st, which makes Alpine a lot less likely for Labor Day Weekend.
kwoodfan1
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Favorite Boat Drink: Quantity over Quality

Post by kwoodfan1 »

Got a bus of 24 coming down to Wrigley this year. Its not the usual venue for us and we didn't make it there last year. Were there any pre-parties, gatherings, or pow-wows last year that we should keep an eye out for? Did anyone do the party bus thing last year, and if so, can it hang out in the Grace or Southport Lot so we have access to our libations? Any insight would be appreciated.
Baseball season’s underway
Well you better get ready for a brand new day
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.
They’re singing …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by msu#1 »

tropicalmindset wrote: February 28, 2018 10:17 am Just checked to see how sales are doing for the show, and now they added a "4 pack" ticket option.

The two posters going at each other are both in the right and both in the wrong......

Having said that., The above quote is the reason there is no Detroit show this year. Wrigley has a no compete contract until it sells out and it won't sell out this time....so no pine knob..no Alpine valley.

I like the novelty of the big shows for a couple years but now it had to stop.

I might have to go to Wrigley just to keep my Buffett streak going, been over a decade every summer at least once.

Plus I might be able to convince a couple people to live it up in Chicago like we're college big ten kids again for one weekend.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

msu#1 wrote: May 15, 2018 4:11 pm

The two posters going at each other are both in the right and both in the wrong......

Having said that., The above quote is the reason there is no Detroit show this year. Wrigley has a no compete contract until it sells out and it won't sell out this time....so no pine knob..no Alpine valley.

I like the novelty of the big shows for a couple years but now it had to stop.

I might have to go to Wrigley just to keep my Buffett streak going, been over a decade every summer at least once.

Plus I might be able to convince a couple people to live it up in Chicago like we're college big ten kids again for one weekend.
Looking to live it up in Chi-Town Jason? Budget BIG my man!!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by msu#1 »

I have a free Marriott hotel certificate to use. So that should help Dr. C
Lake Erie Pirate scientist