Who's going to Great Woods Sat 8/10/2019?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Chip
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita of course!

Re: Who's going to Great Woods Sat 8/10/2019?

Post by Chip »

Got 2 individual tix in section 3 rows N & R and already booked the room at the Extended Stay last week for $165 all in!
It took over 40 minutes for the website to open up for available tickets. Called in on the phone to get these WAY before the website would let me buy anything...
I made enough money to buy Miami but I pi$$ed it away so fast
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Chip wrote: January 11, 2019 11:24 am Got 2 individual tix in section 3 rows N & R and already booked the room at the Extended Stay last week for $165 all in!
It took over 40 minutes for the website to open up for available tickets. Called in on the phone to get these WAY before the website would let me buy anything...
Good for you, Chip! [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: January 11, 2019 11:23 am
tailgaitingph wrote: January 11, 2019 11:16 am
lime rickie wrote: January 11, 2019 11:09 am Lawns are, of course, sold out.
Lawn were avail when I got in at $85. They then jumped to $89 and are now $90. WTF is this shi!t
When they were $89 through ticketmaster, resale was $85 but are now $90 with resale at $89
Now we know why they weren't showing any prices. Ticket prices based on demand. :roll:

What a garbage fest this is, after all the positive vibes of the early show announcements. It's not Jimmy's fault, of course, but what a friking bummer.

Guess I'm glad we logged on so we have an idea of what might happen Mon :evil:
Side note, I somehow got kicked out a couple of times using the app & had to go back to the waiting in line queue but that did not happen on laptop.
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 11, 2019 11:29 am
Lawn were avail when I got in at $85. They then jumped to $89 and are now $90. WTF is this shi!t
When they were $89 through ticketmaster, resale was $85 but are now $90 with resale at $89
Now we know why they weren't showing any prices. Ticket prices based on demand. :roll:

What a garbage fest this is, after all the positive vibes of the early show announcements. It's not Jimmy's fault, of course, but what a friking bummer.

Guess I'm glad we logged on so we have an idea of what might happen Mon :evil:
Side note, I somehow got kicked out a couple of times using the app & had to go back to the waiting in line queue but that did not happen on laptop.
I'm going to do the dial in, looks like Chip got good results that way.

WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

Chip wrote: January 11, 2019 11:24 am Got 2 individual tix in section 3 rows N & R and already booked the room at the Extended Stay last week for $165 all in!
Chip, did you get e-tickets or hard tickets? Curious if they posted lot times on ticket as they have in the past.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
Chip
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita of course!

Post by Chip »

Hard tickets. I went through the automated system and the only option is to give them the address (which was a REAL pain since it didn't recognize it several times).
I made enough money to buy Miami but I pi$$ed it away so fast
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Stubhub has lawns at 73.00....i gave up , after getting in after about an hour. No tickets to my liken. Tough being a seat snob. I should of called , i usually do , but i blanked out , with the frustration of trying to get in on 3 devises.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

TommyBahama wrote: January 11, 2019 1:42 pm
Stubhub has lawns at 73.00....i gave up , after getting in after about an hour. No tickets to my liken. Tough being a seat snob. I should of called , i usually do , but i blanked out , with the frustration of trying to get in on 3 devises.
You'll do fine grabbing a single closer to show day.

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote: January 11, 2019 1:49 pm
TommyBahama wrote: January 11, 2019 1:42 pm
You'll do fine grabbing a single closer to show day.
I usually wait till the day of the show , but with them checking , it makes it hard to wait.
micorbs
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: It changes with the tides. Right now, I am digging Holiday.
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita or Mojito

Post by micorbs »

I got in at 10:12 on the app after having 2000+ in front of me. The little runner guy never hit the finish line on my desktop. Sec 5 row N x 2 for face value. I know plenty of parrotheads that failed. The process was very suspect this year.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I was thinking about this one but I'm out. If I still lived on Long Island and could drive up, I'd probably make a hotel reservation and wait until closer to the show to see if I could get a decent seat. I'm not laying out the money for a plane ticket without a concert ticket in hand. Have fun GW people.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 11, 2019 11:16 am Lawn were avail when I got in at $85. They then jumped to $89 and are now $90. WTF is this shi!t
Not that it matters I guess, but now lawns are $97 through Ticketmaster & resale $104 [smilie=thumbdown.gif]
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes

Post by Thethirstygator »

My Premier Parking Pass says that the parking lot opens @ 1pm.
Darkavenger508
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Hhere
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by Darkavenger508 »

I mean not all shows use dynamic pricing so wouldn't this all be Buffetts decision? A
zedagyrl
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 52
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark

Post by zedagyrl »

Thethirstygator wrote: January 11, 2019 6:38 am
zedagyrl wrote: January 9, 2019 12:45 pm This will be our first trip from Indianapolis to GW and Jones Beach. We have been to many shows all over (52 total and counting). Looking for any advice on tailgating and pre-parties.

Fins Up!
Alot of people stay @ The Red Roof in Mansfield on Fri. Tailgate party in the parking lot and at the pool there on Fri. Lots used to open @ 11am so there weren't a lot of pre-parties that morning (mostly in Shaw's and Roche Bro's supermarket parking lots and other surrounding businesses where people would gather to caravan in). Last year the lots said they were going to open at either 1 or 2 (I forget) but due to traffic back up they opened earlier then the stated time by at least a half hour. Not sure when they will open this year.

Parking lot is a blast. There is the general free lot and a $40 premier parking lot. When wandering around make sure you check out the RV section (wear rubber shoes for the vomit). Expect delays, 45 min getting in and up to 1.5 hrs getting out if in General parking. We do Premier parking. Much quicker getting out, more room for your set-up and a bit calmer because it is usually and older crowd. Although we do have a ton of fun with our Life Sized Buffet cut out that you can take a picture with, if you can complete the line of a Buffet song (or a shot if you can't) and Vibrator races. Be aware, Premier parking sells out within an hour.

Technically you are are not allowed to drink in public. The police won't hassle you as long as you're not drinking straight from a bottle and not being an a**hole. Bring lots to drink (it's a sharing crowd), wander around the entire lot and have a great time. PM me if you want to join us. I live 1.5 miles from Great Woods and you can pregame with us.

Great thank you! Can't wait to add this to our list of venues! I may just PM you when it gets closer. We will probably be with the numbers guys but will try to find you.
I am gonna live my life like a song.....
Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes

Post by Thethirstygator »

zedagyrl wrote: January 15, 2019 2:18 pm
Thethirstygator wrote: January 11, 2019 6:38 am
zedagyrl wrote: January 9, 2019 12:45 pm This will be our first trip from Indianapolis to GW and Jones Beach. We have been to many shows all over (52 total and counting). Looking for any advice on tailgating and pre-parties.

Fins Up!
Alot of people stay @ The Red Roof in Mansfield on Fri. Tailgate party in the parking lot and at the pool there on Fri. Lots used to open @ 11am so there weren't a lot of pre-parties that morning (mostly in Shaw's and Roche Bro's supermarket parking lots and other surrounding businesses where people would gather to caravan in). Last year the lots said they were going to open at either 1 or 2 (I forget) but due to traffic back up they opened earlier then the stated time by at least a half hour. Not sure when they will open this year.

Parking lot is a blast. There is the general free lot and a $40 premier parking lot. When wandering around make sure you check out the RV section (wear rubber shoes for the vomit). Expect delays, 45 min getting in and up to 1.5 hrs getting out if in General parking. We do Premier parking. Much quicker getting out, more room for your set-up and a bit calmer because it is usually and older crowd. Although we do have a ton of fun with our Life Sized Buffet cut out that you can take a picture with, if you can complete the line of a Buffet song (or a shot if you can't) and Vibrator races. Be aware, Premier parking sells out within an hour.

Technically you are are not allowed to drink in public. The police won't hassle you as long as you're not drinking straight from a bottle and not being an a**hole. Bring lots to drink (it's a sharing crowd), wander around the entire lot and have a great time. PM me if you want to join us. I live 1.5 miles from Great Woods and you can pregame with us.

Great thank you! Can't wait to add this to our list of venues! I may just PM you when it gets closer. We will probably be with the numbers guys but will try to find you.
Enjoy!
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

TommyBahama wrote: January 11, 2019 1:42 pm Stubhub has lawns at 73.00....i gave up , after getting in after about an hour. No tickets to my liken. Tough being a seat snob. I should of called , i usually do , but i blanked out , with the frustration of trying to get in on 3 devises.

Any lawn ticket in the $80 range or less is pretty good. That is not too much over the face value which was about $55 in 2017.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: January 16, 2019 10:45 am
TommyBahama wrote: January 11, 2019 1:42 pm Stubhub has lawns at 73.00....i gave up , after getting in after about an hour. No tickets to my liken. Tough being a seat snob. I should of called , i usually do , but i blanked out , with the frustration of trying to get in on 3 devises.

Any lawn ticket in the $80 range or less is pretty good. That is not too much over the face value which was about $55 in 2017.
I'll play the waiting game for now. But , i'll be there.
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

Is a 1pm parking lot time firm?
Every time I have been here the lots have opened at 10 or 11 am
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Finzup16 wrote: March 7, 2019 11:29 am Is a 1pm parking lot time firm?
Every time I have been here the lots have opened at 10 or 11 am
2 years ago it was 1PM , Last year was Fenway. I think the tickets say , lots open at 1pm. Someone with a ticket could confirm that. I'm going to bet it stays at 1pm. GW usually stands there ground on the times lots open. At least in the past they have. A few years ago , a few of us happened to get in the lot early , we got set up , only to be told , we have to leave , and that the lots open at i believe 10 that year. I think we were there at 8.