BVI

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderator: SMLCHNG

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

BVI

Post by tailgaitingph »

Hey pholks.

Headed to BVI in June for a lil over a week stay with friends on their sailboat. Looking for suggestions for bars and 'must see' places. Good group of diverse peeps so I will take any and all advice!

Thanks in advance 8)
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: BVI

Post by Saltx3 »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 27, 2019 5:00 pm Hey pholks.

Headed to BVI in June for a lil over a week stay with friends on their sailboat. Looking for suggestions for bars and 'must see' places. Good group of diverse peeps so I will take any and all advice!

Thanks in advance 8)
For me & dad's 36th anniversary ???
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Saltx3 wrote: January 28, 2019 7:19 am

Thanks in advance 8)
It was supposed to be a surprise [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 28, 2019 2:04 pm
Saltx3 wrote: January 28, 2019 7:19 am

Thanks in advance 8)
It was supposed to be a surprise [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
oops -- I'll forget I ever saw this....
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes

Post by Thethirstygator »

Not sure if it has been rebuilt but Cooper Island is great. Limited moorings, mid morning is the best time to find one. Bitter End Yacht Club is good. My favorite bar in the world is The B-Line on Little Yost. The owner "Bunky" had my 12 y.o. behind the bar making Painkillers for everyone.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Thethirstygator wrote: February 3, 2019 8:21 am Not sure if it has been rebuilt but Cooper Island is great. Limited moorings, mid morning is the best time to find one. Bitter End Yacht Club is good. My favorite bar in the world is The B-Line on Little Yost. The owner "Bunky" had my 12 y.o. behind the bar making Painkillers for everyone.
From what I've read, it appears Cooper Island is open. That's a stop on my list as I want to patronize the rum bar 8) .
I will check into the other 2 places. We are just island hopping with no real plans other than a stop at The Baths.

Thank you for the info!

seminoledq
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Key West Sunset Ale

Post by seminoledq »

Soggy Dollar and Foxy's are a must on JVD.
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

If your friends have a sailboat I'll bet they know the good places to go. Some of my favorite places are Foxy's, The Baths, West End, Cane Garden Bay, Bitter End, Road Town, I like Trellis Bay for snorkeling and solitude.
Back to livin' Floridays
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

seminoledq wrote: February 6, 2019 8:39 am Soggy Dollar and Foxy's are a must on JVD.
Soggy Dollar was definitely on the list. Foxy's is having a full moon party on the day we arrive :pirate: We've decided we are headed there as soon as we land!

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: February 6, 2019 9:21 am If your friends have a sailboat I'll bet they know the good places to go. Some of my favorite places are Foxy's, The Baths, West End, Cane Garden Bay, Bitter End, Road Town, I like Trellis Bay for snorkeling and solitude.
They just got the boat in 2017 & after some issues (and damage from flooding while it was docked in New Bern, NC) it was finally sailed to BVI last Nov. They currently have it chartered out down there with a company. Although THEY have never sailed it further south than NC, I will say they are both very on point for safety & he has his Capt's license.
Anyway, we met for lunch today & I mentioned your suggestions as well as the others. We added West End & Bitter End to the probable itinerary. Thank you!
Like I said, we really have no real 'plans' except to island hop & hope to hit the hot spots.
Hope to have a chance to sit down & talk to you at OB for further thoughts/suggestions on the trip!

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land

tailgaitingph wrote: February 10, 2019 6:13 pm
Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: February 6, 2019 9:21 am If your friends have a sailboat I'll bet they know the good places to go. Some of my favorite places are Foxy's, The Baths, West End, Cane Garden Bay, Bitter End, Road Town, I like Trellis Bay for snorkeling and solitude.
They just got the boat in 2017 & after some issues (and damage from flooding while it was docked in New Bern, NC) it was finally sailed to BVI last Nov. They currently have it chartered out down there with a company. Although THEY have never sailed it further south than NC, I will say they are both very on point for safety & he has his Capt's license.
Anyway, we met for lunch today & I mentioned your suggestions as well as the others. We added West End & Bitter End to the probable itinerary. Thank you!
Like I said, we really have no real 'plans' except to island hop & hope to hit the hot spots.
Hope to have a chance to sit down & talk to you at OB for further thoughts/suggestions on the trip!
Looking forward to it!
Back to livin' Floridays
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land

tailgaitingph wrote: February 10, 2019 6:13 pm
Looking forward to it!
Back to livin' Floridays
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 10, 2019 6:13 pmThey just got the boat in 2017 & after some issues (and damage from flooding while it was docked in New Bern, NC) it was finally sailed to BVI last Nov. They currently have it chartered out down there with a company. Although THEY have never sailed it further south than NC, I will say they are both very on point for safety & he has his Capt's license.
This sounds awesome.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

MontaukTrl
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of an Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by MontaukTrl »

Thethirstygator wrote: February 3, 2019 8:21 am Not sure if it has been rebuilt but Cooper Island is great. Limited moorings, mid morning is the best time to find one. Bitter End Yacht Club is good. My favorite bar in the world is The B-Line on Little Yost. The owner "Bunky" had my 12 y.o. behind the bar making Painkillers for everyone.
The Bitter End was completely destroyed by Hurricanes Irma and Maria. As far as I am aware there is nothing there other than nature.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

*Bump*

Flying out in 10 days!
[smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=shake.gif]
Anyone with any other suggestions?

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: June 7, 2019 3:28 pm *Bump*

Flying out in 10 days!
Bring me along? [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: June 7, 2019 3:50 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: June 7, 2019 3:28 pm *Bump*

Flying out in 10 days!
Bring me along? [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Oh yes girl! We could show them a thing or 2 :wink: