Happy Fourth of July! @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: Happy Fourth of July! @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Salukulady wrote: July 4, 2019 10:07 am The fourth was my mom’s very favorite holiday. The family always gathered for our local parade and fireworks show. She was crazy about both. Back in the 90’s I introduced her to Jell-O shots on the fourth, she thought they were fabulous.

She passed away at 8am on July 4th 2002. This morning I will toast her memory with a bit of Irish cream in my coffee. And yes, there will be Jell-O shots later today.
What a nice memory of your mom :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

We had about 2 hours of hot humid 90's this morning. Then the rain set in. It's been raining off and on since noon.....not enough time in between the "storms" to do anything outside. At the last minute we invited friends for dinner. We'll be inside :(
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

melon59 wrote: July 4, 2019 3:17 pm Well my lazy day turned into quite an ambitious undertaking. I ran the vacuum, made a fresh lemon blueberry Bundy cake, baked beans are ready to bake and potato salad is chilling in the fridge. Burgers and hot dogs will be grilled later. Watching a movie now. 🍔🍹🍉🎆🇺🇸
I am sure that this is a case of two cultures separated by a common language, but what is a Bundy cake?

I ask as the most popular rum here in Oz is Bundaberg Rum or "Bundy". I am sure that Bundy isn't popular in the US and so I doubt it is in this particular cake but I am curious anyway.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

bodypainter wrote: July 4, 2019 3:41 pm
melon59 wrote: July 4, 2019 3:17 pm Well my lazy day turned into quite an ambitious undertaking. I ran the vacuum, made a fresh lemon blueberry Bundy cake, baked beans are ready to bake and potato salad is chilling in the fridge. Burgers and hot dogs will be grilled later. Watching a movie now. 🍔🍹🍉🎆🇺🇸
I want cake. :D
Wish you and Miss Anne were here to share it with us. 🎂🍹🎆🍔🇺🇸
You're Killing Me Smalls
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

Oh and Happy July 4th, BTW.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

The heavy rain we were supposed to get hasn't started yet but I decided to pass on the bbg at the pool. The cabana has a roof but other than that it's open to the elements and I got a weather alert on my phone - there's a heat advisory, the heat index could be as high as 108. I'd rather be indoors enjoying the a/c.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Rabbitz wrote: July 4, 2019 4:49 pm
I am sure that this is a case of two cultures separated by a common language, but what is a Bundy cake?

I ask as the most popular rum here in Oz is Bundaberg Rum or "Bundy". I am sure that Bundy isn't popular in the US and so I doubt it is in this particular cake but I am curious anyway.
😂😂😂 Stupid auto correct on my phone. I made a Bundt cake Rabbz not a Bundy cake. I have no idea what a Bundy cake is either! 😂😂😂🎂 although I do like a good rum cake!
You're Killing Me Smalls
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Sat thru Spider-Man. I want my two hours back.
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

melon59 wrote: July 4, 2019 5:21 pm

😂😂😂 Stupid auto correct on my phone. I made a Bundt cake Rabbz not a Bundy cake. I have no idea what a Bundy cake is either! 😂😂😂🎂 although I do like a good rum cake!
Yes, but Bundy is, errrrrr, an acquired taste :)
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Ted Bundy?
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

This is going to be fun trying to sleep with all the fireworks.
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

moog wrote: July 4, 2019 8:38 pm This is going to be fun trying to sleep with all the fireworks.
Plus, that poor opossum will have to play dead.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Yea :lol:
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Rabbitz wrote: July 4, 2019 7:08 pm

If I am ever fortunate enough to travel to Australia, I'll make sure to try it! 🍹😊
You're Killing Me Smalls
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

I wonder how long the fireworks are going to go on??? Usually long after midnight...
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Rabbitz wrote: July 4, 2019 7:08 pm

Like vegemite 😳
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda